1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

is my truck a trd?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TacoTimmy, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Feb 16, 2012 at 11:01 AM
    la0d0g

la0d0g Its 4 o’clock somewhere

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    running for the hills
    Vehicle:
    For crawling not hauling
    You guys really buy these things without researching them first? :notsure:

2. Feb 16, 2012 at 11:34 AM
    HumboldtReign

HumboldtReign Where the Grass is Green

Member:
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    '05 PreRunner TRD Off-Road
    Short answer: yes.

My friend works at a dealership. I've been after a Tacoma for years, same color I'd wanted, mileage was good, hook up on price was great = $500 over dealers cost. Couldn't say no. Added benefit was finding out it was a TRD afterward!

3. Feb 16, 2012 at 11:48 AM
    ST3VE

ST3VE IG: @fishsohard

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    MD --> SC
    Tint, car seat, baby wipes
    I work at a Toyota dealer in MD. And these are the available packages with the specs:

SR5 Package: Power outside mirrors (Access Cab models only), remote keyless entry system, cruise control, variable-speed windshield wipers, chrome grille surround and rear bumper, color-keyed front bumper and overfenders, fog lamps (V6 models only), sliding rear window with privacy glass, 4-way adjustable driver's seat with lumbar support, SR5 fabric-trimmed seating surfaces, metallic interior trim, leather-trimmed steering wheel, leather-trimmed shift lever (automatic transmission models only), dual sun visors with sliding extensions and vanity mirrors, auto-dimming rearview mirror with integrated backup camera display.

TRD Off-Road Package: Off-road-tuned suspension with Bilstein shock absorbers, electronically controlled locking rear differential, 16-in. alloy wheels with P265/70R16 BFGoodrich tires, Active Traction Control (A-TRAC) (4x4 models only) with Hill Start Assist Control (HAC) and Downhill Assist Control (DAC) (HAC and DAC available on 4x4 automatic transmission models only), engine skid plate, front tow hook, 115V/400W deck-mounted AC power outlet, fog lamps, power outside mirrors (Access Cab models only), remote keyless entry system, cruise control, variable-speed windshield wipers, overhead console with maplamps and sunglasses storage, chrome grille surround and rear bumper, color-keyed front bumper and overfenders, sliding rear window with privacy glass, Sport fabric-trimmed front Sport seats with driver's power lumbar support (passenger-side fold-flat feature delete), metallic interior trim, leather-trimmed steering wheel with audio controls, leather-trimmed shift lever (automatic transmission models only), dual sun visors with sliding extensions and vanity mirrors, auto-dimming rearview mirror with integrated backup camera display, compass, outside temperature gauge and Homelink universal transceiver, TRD Off-Road Graphics

TRD Sport Package: Sport-tuned suspension with Bilstein shock absorbers, 17-in. alloy wheels with P265/65R17 tires, hood scoop, color-keyed grille surround, bumpers, power outside mirrors (Access Cab models only), door handles, overfenders; sliding rear window with privacy glass, 115V/400W deck-mounted AC power outlet, fog lamps, remote keyless entry, cruise control, variable-speed windshield wipers, overhead console with maplamps and sunglasses storage, Sport fabric-trimmed front Sport seats with driver's power lumbar support (passenger-side fold-flat feature delete), metallic interior trim, leather-trimmed steering wheel with audio controls, leather-trimmed shift lever (automatic transmission models only), dual sun visors with sliding extensions and vanity mirrors, auto-dimming rearview mirror with integrated backup camera display, compass, outside temperature gauge and Homelink universal transceiver, TRD Sport graphics

TRD Sport Upgrade Package: Sport-tuned suspension with Bilstein shock absorbers, 18-in. chrome-clad alloy wheels with P265/60R18 tires, hood scoop, color-keyed grille surround, bumpers, power mirrors (Access Cab models only), door handles, overfenders; smoked headlamp trim, sliding rear window with privacy glass, 115V/400W deck-mounted AC power outlet, fog lamps, remote keyless entry, cruise control, variable-speed windshield wipers, overhead console with maplamps and sunglasses storage, Sport fabric-trimmed front Sport seats with driver's power lumbar support and Sport fabric trim (passenger-side fold-flat feature delete), metallic interior trim, leather-trimmed steering wheel with audio controls, leather-trimmed shift lever (automatic transmission models only), dual sun visors with sliding extensions and vanity mirrors, auto-dimming rearview mirror with integrated backup camera display, compass, outside temperature gauge and Homelink universal transceiver, TRD Sport graphics

4. Feb 16, 2012 at 11:51 AM
    TacoTimmy

TacoTimmy [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Hohenwald, TN
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5
    Mine has the sr5 badge too

5. Feb 16, 2012 at 12:17 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Mine too !!

Did I get an SR5 ? I paid for a TRD !!!!

6. Feb 16, 2012 at 12:24 PM
    nammer

nammer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nam
    Bradenton, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Wishing I had a Taco
    if you have the bed outlet, then i'm sure it's a trd, in addition to all the other stuff that was mentioned earlier, but if you have trd, I wouldn't worry about it technically being an sr5, because it will have all the same features, however, what to worry about is if you paid for a trd, and don't have that, because I have seen sr5 NON-trds advertised as trds when the bedside sticker was slapped on.

7. Feb 16, 2012 at 12:49 PM
    TacoTimmy

TacoTimmy [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Hohenwald, TN
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5
    I am pretty confident it is a trd. It has every trd option listed above. Now just gotta figure out which sticker to buy...trd offroad or trd prerunner...thanks for all the great info!

8. Feb 16, 2012 at 12:53 PM
    nammer

nammer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nam
    Bradenton, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Wishing I had a Taco
    i personally prefer offroad, but whichever one you like more, cause you're the one looking at it everyday

9. Feb 16, 2012 at 12:56 PM
    TheGrinch

TheGrinch Cheese Head.

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    RP, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD DCSB OffRoad on 33's
    6" procomp lift
    ha i like the sarcasim.

10. Feb 16, 2012 at 12:59 PM
    neilvan

neilvan Well-Known Member

Member:
    Same here!

I thought I paid for a Tacoma!! :p

11. Feb 16, 2012 at 1:08 PM
    TheGrinch

TheGrinch Cheese Head.

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    RP, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD DCSB OffRoad on 33's
    6" procomp lift
    go complain. i thought it too. but i guess its a TRD... which supposedly is a SR5.

haha im just messin

Products Discussed in

To Top