LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2012 mirror swap.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:57 PM   #21
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
here's the thread that I've been following. 4Runner mirrors is the way to go. integrated turn signal, puddle/foot lamp and heated mirrors.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...rs-worked.html
Old 12-01-2012, 06:59 AM   #23
wacked is on a distinguished road
wacked's Tacoma Gallery
So which is the better route to go, the '10 and up 4Runner mirrors or the '12/13 Tacoma Limited Sport mirrors? Is one more plug and play friendly over the other?
Old 12-01-2012, 07:19 AM   #24
Señor Member
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
No both you will have to run new wiring because of the turn signal and on the 4runnee ones it's a couple more wires from the Extra stuff
Old 02-27-2013, 08:17 PM   #25
Dog Face Soldier
Nicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant future

Army: Weapons of Mass Destruction
Name: Nick
Nicky Lam's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 2013 TRD OR, i have the unpainted, no blinker side mirrors. i dont care to much for the heated mirrors, i want the 2012-2013 sport color matched mirrors, im 90% sure its just plug and play for 2012+ even more so with the TRD OR package.

foot lamp and heated mirror would be nice, but im not willing to cut, splice, rewire behind the dash with only 4k on the odo. not yet

so my question is... does anyone know or know where i can get the part number for the 2012-13 sport mirrors?
Old 02-27-2013, 08:32 PM   #26
Certified Mall Crawler
Wobbly is on a distinguished road
Name: Fred
Wobbly's Tacoma Gallery
Hello all, NFG here. I just bought a 2012 Taco a few months ago and was interested in the turn-signal mirrors. While researching I found this:http://www.muthco.com/products/vehic...&submit=Search

They have a list of authorized installers and I called the one here in SA. It'll cost $219 for the mirror kit (2) and $200 for the install. I'm still on the fence. I'm finding out it can be real expensive to mod a Taco.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:33 AM   #27
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
^ Thanks for the link but If it was me I would opt for the heated mirrors.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:45 PM   #28
Silvertaco19 is on a distinguished road
Silvertaco19's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2012 SR5 4 cylnder the one with out the flares. I just upgraded to the sport mirrors. It was a direct swap. Motor wires were the same, brown, red, and purple. With the new sport mirrors you pick up two new wires, light pink and white. Does anyone know how I should tackle this to get the turn signals to work. Is the white the ground and pink hot? I most likey can tap into the rear turn signal lights correct? I will post some pics
Old 06-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #29
Silvertaco19 is on a distinguished road
Silvertaco19's Tacoma Gallery
stock black plastic mirror wires and sport mirror wires
Attached Thumbnails
2012 mirror swap.-stock-black-mirror.jpg   2012 mirror swap.-sport-mirror-5-wires.jpg  
Old 10-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #30
michael knieff is on a distinguished road

Name: Michael
michael knieff's Tacoma Gallery
Mirror Swap

I finally took apart the driver's door to check the wiring for the mirrors. This is what I found. It looks like the 2013 TRD Off Road package is pre-wired for the sport mirrors. Has anyone else attempted to do the swap with plug-n-play success?
Old 10-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #31
Señor Member
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
i was told by someone that all you need would be the covers and the 2 clear lenses...they bolt up to your housing and you will have the mirrors...
because all you have is a cover over the front end of the housing that should just pop out
Old 10-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #32
michael knieff is on a distinguished road

Name: Michael
michael knieff's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the update. The mirror is missing the additional wires but I could run my own. The truck harness is the one with all five wires.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:52 AM   #33
Señor Member

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Yup.
I know that the color matched covers are like $30-40 each an the turn signal lenses another $40-55 I wanna say

New the whole mirror assembly is like $230 without color matched covers
Old 10-27-2013, 05:00 PM   #34
Manic Mechanic
Hugh Morron is a jewel in the roughHugh Morron is a jewel in the roughHugh Morron is a jewel in the rough

Name: Bill
Hugh Morron's Tacoma Gallery
Check out Rockauto.com for mirrors. They are aftermarket and alot cheaper than Toyota. And you can get them with the turn signals.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:51 PM   #35
BovaTaco is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: MK
Name: Dave
BovaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Has any bought or know anyone that bought the side mirrors off of parts geek or go parts? Parts geek has pics and they look close to the sport mirror with turn signal. Go parts does not have any pics. So I just have to decide who I'm going to go with. Any thoughts.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:46 AM   #36
11T4x4TRD has a spectacular aura about11T4x4TRD has a spectacular aura about11T4x4TRD has a spectacular aura about

Navy:
Name: Roland RG11
11T4x4TRD's Tacoma Gallery
i found this information on this website where you can order them plus color matching covers. http://www.villagetoyotaparts.com/im...ize/87B476.jpg

Old 10-31-2013, 06:09 PM   #37
kas930 is on a distinguished road
Name: Keith
kas930's Tacoma Gallery
I have a '12 TRD OFF ROAD Double cab and recently had an incident with a deer (it ran into my passenger front door, cracked the windshield, bent the antenna and ripped off the door mirror). I decided to replace both door mirrors with mirrors that have the turn signals. I purchased my mirrors from parts geek at a price of $72.48 each. They look just like the factory part. My door wiring for the mirrors had the two wire to drive the turn signals, but I soon discovered that the cabinet wiring did not. I ended up running a wire from the fuse box to the door wire harness to make it all work. I'm attaching a picture of the wiring diagram to show what was missing.

Thanks
Keith
Attached Thumbnails
2012 mirror swap.-door-mirror-wiring.jpg  
Old 11-01-2013, 04:04 PM   #38
BovaTaco is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: MK
Name: Dave
BovaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Well I just ordered my side mirrors off of parts geek. I will post pics when i get them.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:44 PM   #39
Certified Mall Crawler
Wobbly is on a distinguished road
Name: Fred
Wobbly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbly View Post
Hello all, NFG here. I just bought a 2012 Taco a few months ago and was interested in the turn-signal mirrors. While researching I found this:http://www.muthco.com/products/vehic...&submit=Search

They have a list of authorized installers and I called the one here in SA. It'll cost $219 for the mirror kit (2) and $200 for the install. I'm still on the fence. I'm finding out it can be real expensive to mod a Taco.
Price drop for Muth mirrors:

http://shop.muthco.com/tacoma-signal-mirror
Old 11-01-2013, 05:15 PM   #40
kas930 is on a distinguished road
Name: Keith
kas930's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a pic of my mirror with turn signals in action.

2012 mirror swap.-lighted-turn-signal.jpg