Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2012 mirror swap.

Old 02-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
ajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ajan246's Tacoma Gallery
2012 mirror swap.

anyone got part #'s for those lit 2012 DC mirrors??

I'm wondering if i could do a clean swap on a 2012 AC.

any ideas?
Old 02-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Why .... Are the mirrors different somehow?
Old 02-16-2012, 03:28 PM   #3
Internet Winner
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
I think blinkers maybe
Old 02-16-2012, 04:52 PM   #4
Larson7.62 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Alex
Larson7.62's Tacoma Gallery
Yep the sport trd have blinkers integrated into them
Old 02-16-2012, 11:06 PM   #5
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
subbed
Old 02-16-2012, 11:07 PM   #6
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
i dont see why not....i plan on later installing 2012 mirrior on mine...should be plug and play and for the blinker installation its super easy
Old 02-16-2012, 11:20 PM   #7
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Just did some digging around... looks like the turn signal side mirror assemblies are $236 for each side!

I think I'll pass on that mod. Would probably be cheaper to have a body shop cut some holes into each front body panel for body mounted side turn signals.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:23 PM   #8
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenWA View Post
Just did some digging around... looks like the turn signal side mirror assemblies are $236 for each side!

I think I'll pass on that mod. Would probably be cheaper to have a body shop cut some holes into each front body panel for body mounted side turn signals.
Ill just wait till I find a nice deal
Old 02-17-2012, 08:36 AM   #10
ajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ajan246's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
i dont see why not....i plan on later installing 2012 mirrior on mine...should be plug and play and for the blinker installation its super easy
i'll be waiting for your write up then
Old 02-17-2012, 08:42 AM   #11
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajan246 View Post
i'll be waiting for your write up then
Toyota normally prewires everything on their cars...you might have everything set up already
On mine I have to run the wires into the doors from the turns
Old 02-17-2012, 04:42 PM   #12
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE808 View Post
The dealership told me its different in design. But I still wanna do this mod
That's likely false. I'm willing to bet that the mounting hardware is exactly the same. They're just trying to deter you from doing it.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #13
Desert Warrior
TX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: SHANE
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
I don't trust what the dealership says when it comes to modifying anything. For the most part they don't know anything. If it wasn't intended to go or looks different, they will tell u it doesn't work. Only way to find out is to be the Guinea pig lol...
Old 02-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #14
Monkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud of
Marines:
Monkeyboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

any ideas?
I'm pretty sure the AC and the DC have the same blinkers.

You can get an AC with the blinkers - I did :

Old 02-17-2012, 05:58 PM   #15
Utard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Utard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

any ideas?
If you are going to spend the time and money you might as well do the mirrors that fold when you lock the doors. Those would be sweet. Someone did a thread on this using ?4 runner? mirrors. Can't really remember. But they have the blinker and power mirrors and they fold in.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #16
ajan246's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyboy View Post
I'm pretty sure the AC and the DC have the same blinkers.

You can get an AC with the blinkers - I did :

ahh!! so nice!!

Yeah i guess its just a TRD sport option. I didn't even look at the TRD sports.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #17
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Oh I see .... They put Rav4 mirrors on the 2012 Tacoma. Personally not sure why you would want them.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #18
09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
09Tacomania's Tacoma Gallery
You'd think they would have defrost in m by now.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:16 AM   #20
Throbbing Member
B737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
B737's Tacoma Gallery
There is a discussion about this in the technical section.
The mirrors are $163 each, plus covers $35 each. Plug and play except for the signal wire. The other thread has the photos and write up.