Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

GF Performance Chip Kit for Toyota Tacoma???

Old 02-16-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
gt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of light
Navy: BT5
gt40's Tacoma Gallery
GF Performance Chip Kit for Toyota Tacoma???

Anyone try one of these? Do they do what they say without voiding your warranty and not burn up your engine computor?

http://www.gfchips.com/toyotatacoma.aspx

gt40
Old 02-16-2012, 08:25 PM   #2
2011BlackTaco will become famous soon enough

Name: Josh
2011BlackTaco's Tacoma Gallery
subscribed. my first opinion is that they are all claims because there arent any chips for our trucks that can do that much of an increase. just my 2 cents. Im interested to see what others with more experience say tho
Old 02-16-2012, 08:27 PM   #3
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Seriously...

If something is $70 and claims to give you a 60HP increase and 4-7MPG better, don't you think everyone on this forum would have it?

These "performance chips" are nothing but a waste of $60. They do absolutely nothing.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:27 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Search. All ebay chips are trash. I can do better with a Game Gear.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #5
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be wondering how much of your truck the "fudge" up???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkI2lfLM9PA

This might explain it^^it sucks
Old 02-16-2012, 08:31 PM   #6
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I sent them an email asking for the Dyno sheet they claim they having backing these claims. I'm not holding my breath for a response.

If you want power increase, start with bolt on mods. Intake, Headers, Exhaust, work your way up from there. If you really want power, forced induction.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
I sent them an email asking for the Dyno sheet they claim they having backing these claims. I'm not holding my breath for a response.

If you want power increase, start with bolt on mods. Intake, Headers, Exhaust, work your way up from there. If you really want power, forced induction.
I found their dyno graph online:

Old 02-16-2012, 08:46 PM   #8
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Gf performance eh?

http://www.gf-performance.com/ (not actual site that sells that stupid shit)
Old 02-16-2012, 08:46 PM   #9
gt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of light
gt40's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
This is the last engine I had built and put it in this.

It had so much ground clearance I had to drive around speed bumps.

gt40
Attached Thumbnails
GF Performance Chip Kit for Toyota Tacoma???-img3.jpg   GF Performance Chip Kit for Toyota Tacoma???-img2.jpg  
Old 02-16-2012, 08:48 PM   #10
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Search. All ebay chips are trash. I can do better with a Game Gear.
Game Gear FTW! I think i still have mine in a closet somewhere.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:48 PM   #11
2011BlackTaco will become famous soon enough

Name: Josh
2011BlackTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I found their dyno graph online:

thats pro the greatest thing i have ever seen !!!! I knew this would be majority response.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:54 PM   #12
FPS-a-holic
Fractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Fractured's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt40 View Post
This is the last engine I had built and put it in this.

It had so much ground clearance I had to drive around speed bumps.

gt40
You built / had that engine built yet you wonder how much power a "chip" will give your Tacoma?
Old 02-16-2012, 09:06 PM   #13
gt40's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractured View Post
You built / had that engine built yet you wonder how much power a "chip" will give your Tacoma?
Had it built. All new to this. I don't have any calluses on my hands.

gt40
Old 12-13-2014, 10:25 AM   #14
SuperKevin11 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
SuperKevin11's Tacoma Gallery
I know that this is an old thread, but I ran across it will searching the internet and it is worth answering in case someone runs across it in the future. This plugs into the Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor. So, it is safe to assume that this is nothing more than the IAT Resistor Mod packaged in an asthetically pleasing form. By doing this, more fuel is put into the mixture than is necessary. It may help a little in the HP department but it will not increase fuel mileage and it could lead to premature wear on emissions equipment.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...45.8ETV-dOT_T0