LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Black on white ! debadge or paint it black?!

View Poll Results: Debadge / black out/ leave it as it
Debadge and keep it off 26 35.14%
Black them out 45 60.81%
keep it as is 3 4.05%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-16-2012, 09:51 PM   #1
anhnoff is on a distinguished road
anhnoff's Tacoma Gallery
Black on white ! debadge or paint it black?!

Hey everyone!.

Just another fellow here trying to make his 4cyl tacoma look somewhat decent. I am trying to try make my taco white on black and need some input from yall. So far I have my tails smoked, window tinted, and just BHLM my front lights today. I am gonna either debadge the car or paint them black and put em back on. here is what it currently looks like. No laughing okay?

Let me have it, how does it look so far?
Old 02-16-2012, 09:54 PM   #2
4drTaco is on a distinguished road
EMS: Deckhand
Name: Jon
4drTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Debadged

I recently debadged my white 4dr taco and it looks great! I bought plasti-dip thinking I was going to black out the emblems but I decided to keep her bare. Debadged looks sexy! just black out everything else.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:00 PM   #3
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Paint it black. Not a fan of de-badging, I like how it breaks up the lines in the vehicle.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:05 PM   #4
BaNgArAnG
06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Caleb
06TACOFIREMAN's Tacoma Gallery
plasti-dip them. cheap, easy, and looks good
Old 02-16-2012, 10:09 PM   #5
garcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mario
garcm329's Tacoma Gallery
U should paint it black... it really adds some good contrast to have black emblems check out my pics for some ideas... also look up the plasti dip thread it will help u with painting the emblems with out having to take them off... but the truck looks clean good luck on ur build :-D
Old 02-16-2012, 10:11 PM   #6
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
Debadge, color-match that front grill and maybe get some different tail lights..

Just suggestions for the white/black only look..
Old 02-16-2012, 10:14 PM   #7
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
take off all badges cept for the front "T" logo, and the "Tacoma" badges on the doors and tailgate, then paint black. If you dont like it, take em off.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:15 PM   #8
TWINSIES!
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Black them out, im a fan thats why i did mine lol

Also have you though about painting your front grill and possibly your back one to??? You could also paint your lower valence if your really looking to and more black....
Old 02-16-2012, 11:07 PM   #10
anhnoff's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post

Also have you though about painting your front grill and possibly your back one to??? You could also paint your lower valence if your really looking to and more black....
Yup I was thinking about it ! How did you paint yours?
Old 02-16-2012, 11:10 PM   #11
TWINSIES!
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Just taped it off and put up newspaper to protect everything around it. Then got my favorite rattle can and sprayed away. Its pretty easy to do a few hours start to finish and everything is dry and good to go...
Old 02-16-2012, 11:14 PM   #12
anhnoff's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Just taped it off and put up newspaper to protect everything around it. Then got my favorite rattle can and sprayed away. Its pretty easy to do a few hours start to finish and everything is dry and good to go...
Cool, I still have paint left over from doing my headlights . How is the paint holding up with the weather? did u apply coating afterwards
Old 02-16-2012, 11:21 PM   #13
TWINSIES!

Its been on for a year now and no problems, i dont wash my truck every week though, it normally gets washed when it rains lol. But it couldnt hurt to add a layer of clear coat if you wanted to, if not and it fades, chips etc you could just sand it down some and repaint it...
Old 02-16-2012, 11:31 PM   #14
oneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

oneshot808's Tacoma Gallery

had mine debadge. looks dope ever since
Old 02-17-2012, 12:23 AM   #15
anhnoff's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneshot808 View Post

had mine debadge. looks dope ever since
That does look really clean man. Whats up brotha from anotha!

Old 02-17-2012, 12:28 AM   #16
Tacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to all

Name: Mike
Tacoma206's Tacoma Gallery
Paint the door badges ("Tacoma") black and then put them back on with the 3M tape, but debadge and leave off the tailgate badges
Old 02-17-2012, 03:40 PM   #17
anhnoff's Tacoma Gallery
Ok guys, Just got done debadging my car. I am liking the look for far! Heres a quick before and after shot!

Does it look cleaner?

Had some left over pain from blacking my lights so Tested a badge out painting it with krylon fusion satin black. Here it is

Old 02-17-2012, 03:45 PM   #18
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great!
Old 02-17-2012, 03:47 PM   #19
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I went black, saw a guy who did white to match his truck and I really liked the look of it. I just don't want to pull mine off and re-do them yet.

There is a pic on here of white out logos on a white truck and I think it looks awesome.