Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

trd exhaust tip

Old 02-17-2012, 08:06 AM   #1
DENVERtacoManiac is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
DENVERtacoManiac's Tacoma Gallery
trd exhaust tip

can i just buy the exhaust tip from toyota or do i have to buy the whole exhaust kit? and does just the tip make it sound any better or is it just for looks?
Old 02-17-2012, 08:09 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I think you can buy the tip that comes on the TX. A tip is just for looks.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:14 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
You can buy just the tip. It's made by a company called Valor. I have one on my SR5 (OEM non-TRD Exhaust).

As Whipper stated though, just for looks although I think the slick stainless look reduced my drag a bit so it just feels faster
Old 02-17-2012, 08:15 AM   #4
DENVERtacoManiac is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
DENVERtacoManiac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
You can buy just the tip. It's made by a company called Valor. I have one on my SR5 (OEM non-TRD Exhaust).

As Whipper stated though, just for looks although I think the slick stainless look reduced my drag a bit so it just feels faster
how much did you pay for it
Old 02-17-2012, 08:26 AM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Mine had it. I missed it on the sticker or else i would have told them to tale it off. They charge $80 for it.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #6
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERtacoManiac View Post
can i just buy the exhaust tip from toyota or do i have to buy the whole exhaust kit? and does just the tip make it sound any better or is it just for looks?

Just for looks.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERtacoManiac View Post
how much did you pay for it
I think like $30 - 40 but it was part of a trade with a local member along with other parts so it wasn't purchased outright.

Also, it doesn't do anything for sound at all. It clamps on and is purely cosmetic.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:10 AM   #9
mcdee is a jewel in the roughmcdee is a jewel in the roughmcdee is a jewel in the rough
Name: mike
mcdee's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought the tip from trdparts4u for $48 plus shipping-part no. PT18A-35090