Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

chimes...

Old 12-07-2008, 05:21 PM   #1
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
chimes...

i bought my truck used like some of you already know...there is no seat belt chime. also when i lock and unlock my truck there is no sound. is there something i can change on the truck or will it be extras i have to buy
Old 12-07-2008, 06:01 PM   #2
Casey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant future

Name: Casey
Casey05Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioso View Post
i bought my truck used like some of you already know...there is no seat belt chime. also when i lock and unlock my truck there is no sound. is there something i can change on the truck or will it be extras i have to buy
Ok so you have an 05 Tacoma correct? The seat belt beep was implied on the 08+ models. Take a look at this for the beeping.

Piercedtiger Cheap/free mods

Remote Lock/Unlock Chirp

I have the factory keyless entry without an alarm. That means I have to look for the lights to flash or listen for the door actuators to know it's locked or unlocked. Normally it isn't too bad, but bright sunny days or loud environments make that hard. I have to be standing next to the truck to know for sure sometimes.

There's a mod for that though and it only costs $29.50 with free shipping.

Website for it has pictures and PDF for installation (3 wires). I haven't done this yet, but am seriously considering it! It activates off the hazard/4-way flasher lights and only when the engine is off. (Will not beep with engine running.) There is a shut off switch on the top if you need to stop it. ie, pulled over for an accident or something with the engine off and hazards on.

MOERSE LEKKER SALES

A few people have tried to wire in buzzers to do the same thing, but it gets really complicated (relays, switches, wires....) and still has some bugs. Several people bought this little box with only 3 wires to connect and mount the box.

Thread on TN
So you say you want a "beep?" - Page 3 - Toyota Forums :: Toyota Nation
Old 12-07-2008, 06:53 PM   #3
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Why in the world would you want that annoying chime for not wearing your seatbelt? It flashes, that should be good enough. It catches my eye when I forget.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:57 AM   #4
gfisher99 will become famous soon enough
gfisher99's Tacoma Gallery
I wish my seatlbelt chime could be disabled on my 09. When I come home, I stop at the mailbox to pick up my mail. I get back in and drive the 100 yards to the house. Hate the beep and hate putting on my seatbelt for a 15 second drive down my street.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:01 AM   #5
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfisher99 View Post
I wish my seatlbelt chime could be disabled on my 09. When I come home, I stop at the mailbox to pick up my mail. I get back in and drive the 100 yards to the house. Hate the beep and hate putting on my seatbelt for a 15 second drive down my street.
disable seat belt chime
May work on the 2009.

Here is a mod originally from TRDtoy79.
It is one of my favorites because it's free and clever (only for 2008):

How much are you willing to pay for me to tell you the code that turns the seat belt chime off?

No, I'm not kidding. I have the code and tested it on my '08 Taco.

No takers??? Fine then! Hope you enjoy listening to that endless, annoying seat belt chime.

OK, I give. Here it is. BTW you guys are no fun :

1) Turn the Car 'ON', but do not start the engine (Leave your foot off the brake). Cycle your trip reset knob until it reads ODO. Turn the ignition back off. Wait a couple of seconds.
2) Make sure seat belt is not fastened
3) Turn the ignition back on, do not start the car (Leave you foot off the break) As soon as you see everything light up, press and hold the trip reset knob and do a long 12 second count.
4) Keep your finger on the trip reset knob. Fasten your seat belt, as soon as you fasten your seat belt, you should see the ODO display go from XXXX miles to "b-on". At that time take your finger off the trip reset knob and press it again. It should cycle to "b-off". You should be all set and turn the ignition off and unfasten your seat belt.

SWEET!!
Old 12-08-2008, 07:06 AM   #6
gfisher99 will become famous soon enough
gfisher99's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! I will give this a shot and report back to let you guys know if it works on the 09's.

Many thanks!
Greg
Old 12-08-2008, 08:00 AM   #7
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
disable seat belt chime
May work on the 2009.

Here is a mod originally from TRDtoy79.
It is one of my favorites because it's free and clever (only for 2008):

How much are you willing to pay for me to tell you the code that turns the seat belt chime off?

No, I'm not kidding. I have the code and tested it on my '08 Taco.

No takers??? Fine then! Hope you enjoy listening to that endless, annoying seat belt chime.

OK, I give. Here it is. BTW you guys are no fun :

1) Turn the Car 'ON', but do not start the engine (Leave your foot off the brake). Cycle your trip reset knob until it reads ODO. Turn the ignition back off. Wait a couple of seconds.
2) Make sure seat belt is not fastened
3) Turn the ignition back on, do not start the car (Leave you foot off the break) As soon as you see everything light up, press and hold the trip reset knob and do a long 12 second count.
4) Keep your finger on the trip reset knob. Fasten your seat belt, as soon as you fasten your seat belt, you should see the ODO display go from XXXX miles to "b-on". At that time take your finger off the trip reset knob and press it again. It should cycle to "b-off". You should be all set and turn the ignition off and unfasten your seat belt.

SWEET!!
i wonder if this works on 07+ tundras?
Old 12-08-2008, 11:52 AM   #9
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wouldn't hurt to give it a shot. It may be similar.
i have a couple buddys with 07 Tundras that can't put anything on the pass. seat without the lovely beeping...i'll have em try it.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:54 AM   #10
e-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud of

e-rok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
disable seat belt chime
May work on the 2009.
This worked on my 09', FYI.......
Old 12-08-2008, 01:02 PM   #12
SmootDog will become famous soon enoughSmootDog will become famous soon enough

SmootDog's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know the procedure to turn OFF the door lock / unlock beep?

BTW, the seat belt procedure worked on my "09 as well.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:59 PM   #13
Okkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to behold

Okkine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootDog View Post
Does anyone know the procedure to turn OFF the door lock / unlock chime?
What is the door lock/unlock chime? I picked up my '09 last week, and the only chime was for the seatbelt... which I disabled with the procedure above.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:38 PM   #14
SmootDog will become famous soon enoughSmootDog will become famous soon enough

SmootDog's Tacoma Gallery
I said "chime", but it is actually a beep when you lock the truck, and 2 beeps when you unlock. I want to turn it off. My '06 was programmable (procedure was in the owners manual), but the '09 doesn't give the procedure. I am sure the dealer can do it, but I would rather do it myself.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:55 PM   #15
Rickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of light
Air Force: Pilot
Name: Rick
Rickochet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-rok View Post
This worked on my 09', FYI.......
It worked on my '09 also. But since I don't have DRL's I run with my headlights on a lot. I noticed that after I turn the engine off with the headlamps still on I get no chime for that. So I guess I will turn my chimes back one. Bummer.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:17 PM   #16
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickochet View Post
It worked on my '09 also. But since I don't have DRL's I run with my headlights on a lot. I noticed that after I turn the engine off with the headlamps still on I get no chime for that. So I guess I will turn my chimes back one. Bummer.
I just noticed this as well yesterday.......
Old 12-09-2008, 04:10 PM   #17
Okkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to behold

Okkine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I was pleased to notice that my headlights shut themselves off once I kill the engine, and open the door. No more forgetting the lights on.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:16 PM   #18
Rickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of light
Air Force: Pilot
Name: Rick
Rickochet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okkine View Post
I was pleased to notice that my headlights shut themselves off once I kill the engine, and open the door. No more forgetting the lights on.
I will have to check that out. Do the lights come back on when you start the engine? I do not have DRL's and have to manually turn my lights on by turnin the knob on the stalk.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:35 PM   #19

Okkine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I will have to check that out. Do the lights come back on when you start the engine? I do not have DRL's and have to manually turn my lights on by turnin the knob on the stalk.
They do come back on when I start the engine. I have DRL's on mine, but it should work regardless of whether or not you have them since the running lights are actually separate from the headlights....

(not my truck btw)
Old 12-09-2008, 04:36 PM   #20
Vested Interest is on a distinguished road

Vested Interest's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I have left my headlights in the on position pretty much since I got it in May. They go off after the door opens, and stay off until it gets started again. When I lock or unlock it the headlights stay on for a few seconds then go off. I thought about adding the DRL relays but figured since the headlights go off why bother.