Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

back pain

Old 02-17-2012, 12:45 PM   #1
kwiller is on a distinguished road
kwiller's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy back pain

Help. I've owned my first Tacoma for two weeks today. It's an 09 with a bench seat. I've read many threads about the uncomfortable bench and replacing with buckets. Seems like that's not an option if I want to keep warranty, pass safety inspection, etc. I want to love this truck and keep it forever, but my back and tushie hurt when I drive long distances. Any suggestions for modifying that bench? please advise.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...mfortable.html
Old 02-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
Señorita Member
bethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
bethes's Tacoma Gallery
Not saying this is your problem at all, but my dad always gripes about how uncomfortable he is in any vehicle. But he's always sitting with his spine all crooked, horrible posture. He leans to the side so his weight isn't over his hips, which are supposed to support your torso, and his lower back is doing all the work. Of course it hurts. Might be something to think about before changing your truck around though, just pay attention to how you sit and make sure. Also there are all sorts of lumbar support pillows and such, might check those out. Good luck!