LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Where is the Tacoma built?

Old 02-19-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
Tacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Tacoma BC's Tacoma Gallery
Where is the Tacoma built?

Where is the 2012 Tacoma double cab built? Mexico? Texas? Japan? Is it a factory that builds strictly Tacomas or other Toyota vehicles too?

The reason I ask is I have a 6spd black doublcab Trd on order and the dealer says 2/3 months til delivery. So I'm wondering if it's coming from overseas to Canada?
Old 02-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #2
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
classic.gmpsdealer.com/milwaukee/experian.cgi?SID=5030861&VIN=

Put your vin number in the end there. Should say in the report.

Edit: Assuming you have one that is.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Texas only now. <---Guess not

You can look at the sticker in your door jamb.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:59 AM   #4
drwoodr is on a distinguished road
drwoodr's Tacoma Gallery
From what I have seen in this forum so far, it appears the 2012 DCs are being made in Mexico, and Access cabs are being made in Texas. My DC was made in Mexico.

If the VIN starts with a 3, it is from Mexico. A 1, 4, or 5 is USA.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:33 PM   #6
tpr676 is on a distinguished road

tpr676's Tacoma Gallery
My dc sport 2012 was made in Mexico.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:39 PM   #8
whopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: wayne
whopper's Tacoma Gallery
LOOK at the driver side door jam its on the sticker
Old 02-20-2012, 03:41 PM   #9
hwysrfr is on a distinguished road

Marines: Radioman/F.O.
Name: Dennis
hwysrfr's Tacoma Gallery
My '08 access cab, made in California
Old 02-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #10
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
My 06 dc was made in cali
Old 02-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #11
Yuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant future
Name: Lee
Yuma Taco's Tacoma Gallery
My Taco is Mexican!
09 DC, made just west of Tacate, Baja California.

Yuma Taco,
Old 02-20-2012, 04:19 PM   #12
MJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to all

Army:
MJM777's Tacoma Gallery
My 2012 double cab was made in California
Old 02-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #13
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJM777 View Post
My 2012 double cab was made in California
cant be. they closed down the Nummi plant a few years ago
Old 02-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #14
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
My 2012 DCSB TRDOR was made in California
Old 02-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #15
MJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to all

Army:
MJM777's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeezy View Post
cant be. they closed down the Nummi plant a few years ago
My bad! You are correct, I read my window sticker wrong. California was the Port/Plant.....in this case the port, it was assembled in mexico.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #16
tacoapw is on a distinguished road
EMS:
tacoapw's Tacoma Gallery
My '11 AC was made in Texas
Old 02-20-2012, 07:28 PM   #17
BJohn is on a distinguished road
BJohn's Tacoma Gallery
When you say built in texas,Cali,or mexico are you refering to where all the parts are assembled to complete a truck? Or is all of the components made in these states? If not where do the parts come from such as the engine block,Transmission,Rearend, interior?Could these be globally sourced components.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:31 PM   #18
Jholder70 has a spectacular aura aboutJholder70 has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Jholder70's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/att...la_percent.pdf

All tacomas in us are made in San Antonio tx now

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_...acturing_Texas
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Vehicle...yota/VIN_Codes

Check out position 11 of you vin code... It should be an "x". That means Texas
Old 02-20-2012, 07:33 PM   #19
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwoodr View Post
From what I have seen in this forum so far, it appears the 2012 DCs are being made in Mexico, and Access cabs are being made in Texas. My DC was made in Mexico.

If the VIN starts with a 3, it is from Mexico. A 1, 4, or 5 is USA.
Strange.. My double cab was made in Texas.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:36 PM   #20
Colossians 3:2
PreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ethan
PreRunner03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jholder70 View Post
for Wikipedia!