1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dakar v allpro standard

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by soljah111, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Feb 19, 2012 at 4:56 PM
    soljah111

soljah111 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    11 supah white OR
    None yet
    I have an 07 Off Road Dc with a leer topper on it. I'm thinking about getting a new rear leaf pack. I currently have the Toytec Ulk cranked up with 2" aal, the add a leafs added a lot of lift and that's the reason I have the coilovers cranked up and there is a pretty bad squeak. I want to lower the coilovers and lower the rear so it sits level, should I get the ome dakar leafs or the allpro standard leafs?

2. Feb 19, 2012 at 4:58 PM
    carcharias

carcharias Giggiddy what what

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Kings all-around w/ 700lb coils, Dakar leaf pack, TC uca's, DO single hoop bumper, BAMF bolt-on sliders w/ kickouts, Rigid 20" e-series spot/flood, aFe pro-dry, BFG KM2 255/85/16, silver TRD FJ wheels, WARN M8000-s, Access LE, Grillcraft, BAMF lightbar, BAMF rear dif skid, BAMF LCA skids, window tint, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech floorliners, Silverstar lights, led dome lights, Redline Tuning hood struts, center console lock mod, mag-lite mod, extra d-rings, re-routed exhaust, ATO skids, ATO Hi-Lift mounts, pipe tailgate lock, seatbelt alarm delete, wheel/spare locks, Viper 5901, LoJack... WISHLIST: a golden canary that poops platinum
    I love my Dakars, but don't have a Leer on back. Check out OZ's build and ask how they've been holding up. Btw, bought my Dakars from DSM for a great price.

3. Feb 19, 2012 at 7:36 PM
    badger

badger Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5
    If you are shooting for a particular amount of lift, you should weigh the truck. Front axle, both axles, rear axle, and talk to the manufacturers about what to expect. I haven't run Dakars so I can't compare. There are three things I like about the Allpro springs though. They seem to resist sag well, they have incorporated a torque leaf that really helps eliminate axle wrap, and in my vehicle, they did not screw up the pinion angle. They ride very well even though I have the Expo version.

4. Feb 19, 2012 at 11:05 PM
    the.sight.picture

the.sight.picture Wishes he was in the woods.

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Blue Ridge
    Vehicle:
    2018 QuickSand
    Check out my build thread (Beginning of Money Pit)
    Please make a poll. would be easyr to vote on. But, I Vote DAKARS

5. Feb 19, 2012 at 11:07 PM
    krimson

krimson Nothin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    OME 3" lift with 885 coils. OME Shocks with TSB 1.5 AAL. 285/75/16 KM2s. XD Hoss 16" wheels. DDM Tuning 6000K HIDs, H10 6000K Fogs. BHLM. Debaged. 20% tint on front windows.
    Dakars > All

6. Feb 19, 2012 at 11:21 PM
    LBPtaco

LBPtaco Swab

Member:
    First Name:
    Winter
    California Maritime Academy
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD
    Total Chaos, SAW, Allied, Light Racing, Dakar, Billstein, Fox, URD, JBA, Demillo, Downey, Cooper, American Racing, B.A.M.F., Alpine, Ghetto Fab...
    X2! I would recommend the HD extra leaf with the topper. I'm going to add one to mine soon. With my topper and all my gear in the back after 3 years they're sagging a bit.

Products Discussed in

To Top