Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Is something missing!!!!

Old 02-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #1
842ta is on a distinguished road
842ta's Tacoma Gallery
Is something missing!!!!

Got my first taco a little over a week ago, And after looking it over and giving it a good wash it looks like something is missing up fornt!!!

Old 02-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #2
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Field Artillery
Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Sir... It seems to me that you're missing your front skid plate...
Old 02-19-2012, 07:37 PM   #3
842ta's Tacoma Gallery
thats kinda what i was thinking
Old 02-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #4
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Field Artillery
Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 842ta View Post
thats kinda what i was thinking
Yeahhh it's def not on there... Did you buy it like that?
Old 02-19-2012, 07:39 PM   #5
Katzo production
leo08pirate has a spectacular aura aboutleo08pirate has a spectacular aura about

Name: Leo
leo08pirate's Tacoma Gallery
yup either the fromt stock skidplate that came on trds or the white one http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl...ed=0CFAQrQMwAg

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl...ed=0CFkQrQMwBQ
Old 02-19-2012, 07:40 PM   #6
842ta's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbs95tacoma View Post
Yeahhh it's def not on there... Did you buy it like that?
Yep looks like I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow and telling them to get me one!!!
Old 02-19-2012, 08:10 PM   #7
Get busy living, or get busy dying.
teamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really nice

Royal Canadian Air Force: Top Secret
teamfast's Tacoma Gallery
I had the exact same problem with mine. Bought new. Dealer said i must have removed it to install lift kit. Toyota canada agreed with them. I said f that and ended up buying full all pro skid lates anyways. I had the brackets on there and everything.
Not to mention they forgot to install the enginr cover back on the truck at delivery (they put a block heater in). Again they denied it but got me one since i noticed that two days after i picked it up. Local dealer gets no referrals from me. Someone is stealing parts there.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:41 PM   #8
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
The factory skid is pretty useless anyways. Mine got torn right off when I backed over a tree stump.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:43 PM   #9
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
better than nothing, mine is all beat to hell but id rather have my skid beat than something else
Old 02-19-2012, 10:49 PM   #10
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Try and get them to pay for one, then put the $$ toward one of these.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:17 AM   #11
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Got one for sale if you want it. 20$ plus shipping, which is probably expensive cause it's kinda bulky. It's only the front one though, not the bottom one. Hopefully the dealer will give you one for free.

Eric makes nice skids though, that's my truck above. Can't wait to get the t-case skid.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:27 AM   #12
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
Got one for sale if you want it. 20$ plus shipping, which is probably expensive cause it's kinda bulky. It's only the front one though, not the bottom one. Hopefully the dealer will give you one for free.

Eric makes nice skids though, that's my truck above. Can't wait to get the t-case skid.
There's a bottom one?
Old 02-20-2012, 03:05 AM   #13
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yep, front one covers down to about that big thing hanging down and the rear/bottom one covers the front diff back to the crossmember.

Pictures here:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...drop-pics.html
Old 02-20-2012, 03:11 AM   #14
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Yep, front one covers down to about that big thing hanging down and the rear/bottom one covers the front diff back to the crossmember.

Pictures here:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...drop-pics.html
Wtf... mine didn't come with one either 2011 sport.... what is the stealerships doing with the skids....
Old 02-20-2012, 03:14 AM   #15

I'm not certain but I believe the sports don't get those skids. I think...
Old 02-20-2012, 03:17 AM   #16
revised
Quote:
I'm not certain but I believe the sports don't get those skids. I think...
Oh okay. Ill look at my neighbors tomorrow. Would do it now but would probably get shot creeping around someones truck at night lol
Old 02-20-2012, 06:50 AM   #17
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 842ta View Post
Yep looks like I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow and telling them to get me one!!!
Which package do you have? According to the 2012 Toyota Tacoma brochure I'm looking at, only the TRD Off-Road package includes the engine skid plate. In other words, the SR5, TRD Sport, and TRD Sport Upgrade packages don't.

-
Old 02-20-2012, 07:06 AM   #18
CaliforniaKid is a name known to allCaliforniaKid is a name known to allCaliforniaKid is a name known to allCaliforniaKid is a name known to allCaliforniaKid is a name known to allCaliforniaKid is a name known to all

Name: Jim
CaliforniaKid's Tacoma Gallery
He apparently bought his 09 used, so I don't think a dealer is going to give him something they didn't get. Used is as is. If you need one, buy one as other posters have suggested.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:31 AM   #19
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
I'll give you mine if you pay shipping
Old 02-20-2012, 07:37 AM   #20
txduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ryan
txduckhunter's Tacoma Gallery
I love my skid plate that sort of hooks out from under the truck and covers the bottom couple inches of the bumper.

Not sure if its factory but it sure as hell saved my bumper from a 2ft tall parking pole I didn't see the other night!

Is this a factory one? Don't see them on other tacos around here.
Attached Thumbnails
Is something missing!!!!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1329748609.704238.jpg   Is something missing!!!!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1329748636.738651.jpg