Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TRD supercharger dealer labor install hours

Old 12-08-2008, 03:09 PM   #1
Joe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to behold
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
TRD supercharger dealer labor install hours

The book say 6.5 hours.
I'm buying the unit from Toyota of Dallas and they say they charge 8.5 hours for installation.The unit,new Iridum plugs and bigger fuel injectors etc included in the kit.
They said no dealer will do it in 6.5 hours.
I've called a couple of Toyota dealers in my area and was told 10-12 hours.
When I asked why the big difference from the Toyota labor book 6.5 is that most dealers don't do that many so it takes more time.
I'm waiting for my dealer to get back to me on the labor hour number.
Anyone get any Toyota dealer numbers from your area?
Old 12-08-2008, 03:14 PM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
you also have to account for their "test drive" They are going to push that engine to the limit
Old 12-08-2008, 03:17 PM   #3
Joe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to behold
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
you also have to account for their "test drive" They are going to push that engine to the limit
I try not to think that.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:21 PM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Joe what kind of business are you that you manage to do so well in 2008 that you can afford a 2009 supercharged Tacoma and a 2009 Lexus I am so jealous...
Old 12-08-2008, 03:37 PM   #5
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Joe what kind of business are you that you manage to do so well in 2008 that you can afford a 2009 supercharged Tacoma and a 2009 Lexus I am so jealous...

I'm twice the age of most of you guys.
I have kids the age of most of you here.
I'm 56 going on 26.. I'm fortunate I was able able to retire a couple of years ago,our house is paid off,one kid out of college,married and one home with one year left in college and the wife still works and has a great job.
My turn to have some fun because again I'm fortunate to be able to afford some toys..
I recently sold my show car '69 Corvette and miss the power.
My motto is live for today because you're dead for a long,long time but don't go into debt.

Old 12-08-2008, 03:39 PM   #6
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe B View Post

I'm 56 going on my 26.. I'm fortunate I was able able to retire a couple of years ago,our house is paid off,one kid out of college,married and one home with one year left in college and the wife still works.
My turn to have some fun because again I'm fortunate to be able to afford some toys..

Good idea, I should retire...

The corvette looks great. Why did you sell it?
Old 12-08-2008, 03:41 PM   #7
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Good idea, I should retire...

The corvette looks great. Why did you sell it?
I had the vette for many years and just got tired of the show and cruise night routine and at a show I had an offer I couldn't refuse.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:55 PM   #8
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The book say 6.5 hours.
I'm buying the unit from Toyota of Dallas and they say they charge 8.5 hours for installation.The unit,new Iridum plugs and bigger fuel injectors etc included in the kit.
They said no dealer will do it in 6.5 hours.
I've called a couple of Toyota dealers in my area and was told 10-12 hours.
When I asked why the big difference from the Toyota labor book 6.5 is that most dealers don't do that many so it takes more time.
I'm waiting for my dealer to get back to me on the labor hour number.
Anyone get any Toyota dealer numbers from your area?
That 6.5 is the Toyota warranty time. No tech worth his salt would do that job on flat rate for that. On those jobs most dealers do warranty plus time and a half = 9.75 hrs for the install. The warranty times are always designed to just get by or screw the tech for the most part. That's the car business on the fixed ops end, i.e. service dept.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:56 PM   #9
106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about

106Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
My dealer did my friends tundra for book which was 6 hours, took them over 10 and they only charged him for 6! There doing mine for 6.5.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:02 PM   #10
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
That 6.5 is the Toyota warranty time. No tech worth his salt would do that job on flat rate for that. On those jobs most dealers do warranty plus time and a half = 9.75 hrs for the install. The warranty times are always designed to just get by or screw the tech for the most part. That's the car business on the fixed ops end, i.e. service dept.
So 10 hours is the norm.I'm still waiting for an ok from my dealer on the 10 hours.

Quote:
My dealer did my friends tundra for book which was 6 hours, took them over 10 and they only charged him for 6! There doing mine for 6.5.
You're lucky.It seems that's a steal.

Quote:
Where are you in Jersey, Joe?

We have occasional meets in the area and I want a ride in your truck when its done.
North Jersey in Passaic County.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:00 PM   #11
gpspowell will become famous soon enoughgpspowell will become famous soon enough
Navy: Viet Nam Veteran 1964-1967
gpspowell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I'm 56 going on 26.. I'm fortunate I was able able to retire a couple of years ago,our house is paid off,one kid out of college,married and one home with one year left in college and the wife still works and has a great job.
My motto is live for today because you're dead for a long,long time but don't go into debt.
X2 (only I'm 62)

Go Toyota (in Denver) put in my TRD supercharger today but didn't finish the CAI because of the time to R&R the ARB bumper. I'll post the labor price from Denver tomorrow night after I've picked up the truck.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:09 PM   #12
106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about

106Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Im paying 800 for my install. my friend payed almost 1000 for his tundra. Northtown toyota in Buffalo ny.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:00 PM   #13
MyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Joe B... "My motto is live for today because you're dead for a long,long time but don't go into debt."

I love that quote, especially the part about not going in debt. Sure is nice not owing anyone anything except for the house.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:38 AM   #14
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTaco View Post
Joe B... "My motto is live for today because you're dead for a long,long time but don't go into debt."

I love that quote, especially the part about not going in debt. Sure is nice not owing anyone anything except for the house.
Believe me,it's much,much nicer when you pay off your house too.
You'll see.

Quote:
Im paying 800 for my install. my friend payed almost 1000 for his tundra. Northtown toyota in Buffalo ny.
$800 seems to be a pretty common price but not in my area.

Quote:
my local Yota dealer quoted me 65 8500 for the supercharger...is this really the case?
That's way too much.
The list price on the SC is $4500 and the install should be tops 12 hours.

Quote:
X2 (only I'm 62)

Go Toyota (in Denver) put in my TRD supercharger today but didn't finish the CAI because of the time to R&R the ARB bumper. I'll post the labor price from Denver tomorrow night after I've picked up the truck.
GSpowell
62 going on 30?
See,now TRD told me NOT to add any CAI,even the TRD.Wouldn't that void the SC warranty?
Let me know how that SC feels and if it's really worth it.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:01 AM   #15
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So 10 hours is the norm.I'm still waiting for an ok from my dealer on the 10 hours.

You're lucky.It seems that's a steal.

North Jersey in Passaic County.
im from north jersey too (bergan county). if you live in jersey why u buying it from toyota of dallas???is it that much cheaper than a dealer here?
Old 12-09-2008, 06:14 AM   #16
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
im from north jersey too (bergan county). if you live in jersey why u buying it from toyota of dallas???is it that much cheaper than a dealer here?
Yeah.
$3849 on the '09 version w/free shipping and no tax from Toyota of Dallas on Ebay
List price is $4500.No way will my dealer Prestige in Ramsey will give me a SC for $3580 which would be the the same as Toyota of Dallas' $3849 with no sales tax if I pay NJ sales tax on that Prestige $3580 number.
I'm still waiting for a callback from my service advisor on the install cost.
Most dealers in this area want 10-12 hours.I'd like my dealer to do the install.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:39 AM   #17
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck with the install man and def post some pic's of it when it's done. You should try to make it to one of our meets we have a good time! I think we are do for a central Jersey meet soon.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:40 AM   #18
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer J View Post
Good luck with the install man and def post some pic's of it when it's done. You should try to make it to one of our meets we have a good time! I think we are do for a central Jersey meet soon.

If I ever get a callback from my dealer and it installed,I will.Thanks.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:53 AM   #19
gpspowell will become famous soon enoughgpspowell will become famous soon enough
Navy: Viet Nam Veteran 1964-1967
gpspowell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
GSpowell
62 going on 30?
See,now TRD told me NOT to add any CAI,even the TRD.Wouldn't that void the SC warranty?
Let me know how that SC feels and if it's really worth it.
I haven't been given that info and hope it was a personal opinion from someone at TRD (Seems there is a lot of that everywhere these days). I'll ask today when I go over to pick up the truck. We got 6-8" of snow last night so I won't be romping on it today. The real test will come in the spring when we make a trip over the mountains to Lake Powell pulling the little boat.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:58 AM   #20
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpspowell View Post
I haven't been given that info and hope it was a personal opinion from someone at TRD (Seems there is a lot of that everywhere these days). I'll ask today when I go over to pick up the truck. We got 6-8" of snow last night so I won't be romping on it today. The real test will come in the spring when we make a trip over the mountains to Lake Powell pulling the little boat.
Yeah,many have a TRD or other brand with the SC but TRD doesn't recommend it but it's probably ok..
I'm being screwed around by my dealer whoi hasn't called me back on the install and now the EBay seller Toyota of Dallas isn't 100% sure they'll get a delivery of SCs for the '09 this week.WTF!
Why not wait till you get the units before you try to sell them,especially a item at $3849?