1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The Black Fender Flares and Bumpers

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kylemob, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Dec 10, 2008 at 9:17 AM
    01GREENTACO

01GREENTACO Not all who wander are lost

Member:
    Germantown, TN
    Vehicle:
    01 4WD
    Lost track many, many mods ago.
    Keep em black. They look more aggressive and more offroad. So if that's what your going for then leave them the black. At least you got em. The guy I bought my truck from took the flares off and sold them so I don't have any. Your lucky! :p

2. Dec 10, 2008 at 9:32 AM
    hashemg

hashemg Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastern MA
    Vehicle:
    08 Black Reg Cab 4x4
    3" Lift, Camburg Coil-Overs and UCA, 3" All Pro Leafs and OME rear shock, 33X12.5R17 Mickey Thompson on teflon coated American racing rims, Black headlight mod, Black taillight mod, tourneau cover, cargo divider, door sil protecors.

Honestly, whichever Base model truck u end up with, It would be cheaper and easier to have a reliable body shop paint the flares, bumpers and grille for you. They are already primed ready to go. It shouldn't be a Problem.

No one will trade straight up. (they paid for those extra features) and dealer cost are ridiculous.

I was going to paint my chrome grille and rear bumper to match but no body shop will paint over the chrome and Guerentee it here in MA.

Get a quote for paint, if you find a shop that mixes their own paint u'll save even more. Standard rate of $35/hour plus materials i can't see it being more than $250-$400

On a side note.....if you deciude you want a SR5, Chrome Grille and rear Bumper, I will gladly trade with you straight up.

3. Dec 10, 2008 at 10:26 PM
    kylemob

kylemob [OP] The Jacobite

Member:
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma 4x4
    Workin on it...
    After all of the coaxing to keep what I have, I've been won over. I ordered a 3" toytec lift tonight instead of finding color-matched flares. I'm going to head over to NAPA and find what I need to get the steel wheels primed and ready for some black paint after seeing some of the pics posted on here. Thanks for the advice. My wife hates that I'm a part of this site, it costs her money

4. Dec 10, 2008 at 10:39 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    good choice man, now if we do an Oregon 4x4 Tacoma meet you can come and wont have to worry about scraping on stuff!:)

5. Dec 10, 2008 at 10:42 PM
    stevigee

stevigee It's a MOD, MOD World

Member:
    First Name:
    Stevigee
    Amarillo Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRAIL TEAMS FJ CRUISER
    TRADED FOR 2010 FJ CRUISER TRAIL TEAM Kenwood KDC x792 deck and SW1 pwr sub,cruise,intermittent wipers,hidden hitch, tint, debadge,Nitto Grapplers 265/75-16,Black Powder Coated Toyota Steelies, black steel Toyota wheel center caps, Vent Visors, front guard, leather seat covers, black front badge, shortie antenna, tow hook, seat maglite mod, shock & leaf spring TSB, Extang Trifecta tonneau cover, custom black Fabwright rock sliders 1 3/4" DOM tubing w/ kickout, skid plate, Pop-A-Lock, Bilsten 5100 shocks, BLHM, Azela black tail lights, LEER topper w/rack, tent
    We got factory OEM fogs - plug & play 20 minute easy install for $160. He does not have any listed now, but keep an eye on his ebay page...they were a great deal

http://myworld.ebay.com/sikshan

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  6. Dec 10, 2008 at 10:52 PM
    kylemob

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma 4x4
    Workin on it...
    Are his fogs the real deal? EBAY has a rediculous amount of OEM "type" fogs but none that I've seen for a reasonable price that were authentic OEM fogs. If they are the right ones, I'd be interested. Did you buy them Stevigee?

7. Dec 10, 2008 at 10:57 PM
    stevigee

Member:
    First Name:
    Stevigee
    Amarillo Texas
    Vehicle:
    TRADED FOR 2010 FJ CRUISER TRAIL TEAM Kenwood KDC x792 deck and SW1 pwr sub,cruise,intermittent wipers,hidden hitch, tint, debadge,Nitto Grapplers 265/75-16,Black Powder Coated Toyota Steelies, black steel Toyota wheel center caps, Vent Visors, front guard, leather seat covers, black front badge, shortie antenna, tow hook, seat maglite mod, shock & leaf spring TSB, Extang Trifecta tonneau cover, custom black Fabwright rock sliders 1 3/4" DOM tubing w/ kickout, skid plate, Pop-A-Lock, Bilsten 5100 shocks, BLHM, Azela black tail lights, LEER topper w/rack, tent
    Yes...real deal! Factory plug & play. No cutting & snapped right in. Highly recomend!

8. Dec 10, 2008 at 11:00 PM
    kylemob

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma 4x4
    Workin on it...
    Sounds like what I've been looking for, cheers to you for the info. I have the 4 cyl, that means I don't have the wiring harness ready to go, right? I've never taken the time to look.

9. Dec 10, 2008 at 11:02 PM
    kylemob

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma 4x4
    Workin on it...
    Ha! You have a point there. One scratch on that truck and my wife would scratch my ass.... er, something like that

10. Dec 10, 2008 at 11:06 PM
    stevigee

Member:
    First Name:
    Stevigee
    Amarillo Texas
    Vehicle:
    Just look under the front bumper. I found the wires zip tied up there. Then my wife was able to snake here little hand under the dash & push out the fog light button & the wires were glued to the back. Right now there is nothing on the front of the button & you will get a new button with the fog symbol. If you have the wires, then his kit will work...you probably do. Toyota told us we did not have the wires..ha ha we did.Fog button will be the on the far left. Look at some interior pics..

11. Dec 10, 2008 at 11:07 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    haha, yeah i dont have to worry about that. hope you'll come when we manage to pull one off.:)

12. Dec 10, 2008 at 11:11 PM
    kylemob

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma 4x4
    Workin on it...
    Sounds like fun, lets do it soon.

13. Dec 10, 2008 at 11:12 PM
    kylemob

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma 4x4
    Workin on it...
    I'll do some poking around in the morning for it, your truck looks nice, I already sent the guy a message on Ebay, we'll see what he has to say about whether or not they are in stock.

14. Dec 10, 2008 at 11:15 PM
    stevigee

Member:
    First Name:
    Stevigee
    Amarillo Texas
    Vehicle:
    Any questions, just ask. Glad to help...:D

15. Dec 11, 2008 at 1:18 AM
    FoxySandChick

FoxySandChick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 Base model V6 Impulse Red Pearl
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    :D Yeah they have the wires, but the lights are a little $$ just for looks at the moment, also we don't have fog in Vegas, so I don't really need them for anything. I heard the same about them fitting.

:cool: Thanks! I'll have to keep an eye on that when I'm ready to buy, good to know it was plug & play, cause I don't do wiring, but my BF is helpful.

16. Dec 11, 2008 at 4:00 AM
    tacoma08MZ

tacoma08MZ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Levi
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    2008 Access Cab 4x4
    tinted head/tail lights-blacked out badges-3 inch tuff country lift 33 inch nittos-black steelies custom spare bed mount-hilift-weathertechs-kenwood dnx5120 dvdnav headunit-remote start-painted grille surround-fog lights-grillcraft black mesh grille
    im excited now i def need to get a set of those! thanks for the info stevigee!

17. Dec 11, 2008 at 12:40 PM
    naterj

naterj Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    nathan
    oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4
    3" pro comp lift
    I like the black fenders on mine plus when im barrelin through the pasture i dont have to worry about scratches

18. Dec 11, 2008 at 1:13 PM
    BAT24

BAT24 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    TRD Rugged Trail
    TRD - CAI Sport Hood Sport Grille Sport Headlights OEM LED Tails Factory Roof Rack
    Keep them black. The black flares and wheels are the whole reason I bought my Rugged Trail TRD. I personally hate the chrome bumper and rear bumper on my truck but love the flares!

19. Aug 26, 2009 at 2:57 PM
    Tacoma4Life

Tacoma4Life Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    2010 4cyl W/Access Cab
    Im looking everywhere for those black OEM Wheel flares, did they come with th truck for that price or did you have to buy threw dealer aferwars if so how much did you pay.. Would be great to know, have been looking everywhere. Did you have to pay them to install them or to put the punch holes in the truck to attach then. I love the raise you put on your truck and the rim would be awesome to do, Have you noticed any difference in gas mileage though?

20. Aug 27, 2009 at 4:40 AM
    FoxySandChick

FoxySandChick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 Base model V6 Impulse Red Pearl
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    The black flares (bumpers, grill, mirrors, handles, dash, stereo) all come stock on the 'base' non-trd, non-sr5 access or double cab tacomas.

Products Discussed in

To Top