Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Traded my 2010 Tundra CrewMax for a 2012 Tacoma

Old 02-22-2012, 03:19 PM   #1
Winger12003 will become famous soon enoughWinger12003 will become famous soon enough
Name: Mike
Winger12003's Tacoma Gallery
Traded my 2010 Tundra CrewMax for a 2012 Tacoma

Well I did it this afternoon, after shopping around for several weeks, finally found the deal and truck I wanted and got rid of the Tundra Gasmax, lol. Dont get me wrong the Tundra is one helluva beast, especially the crewmax. I just didn't have the need for that big of a truck so the Tacoma fit the bill. Got a super white dbl cab TRD Offroad 4x4, V6 auto. Next up some 265/75 duratracs and peeling off these stupid pin stripes the dealer put on her. Check out my pics.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:21 PM   #2
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome and congrats on the upgrade
Old 02-22-2012, 03:22 PM   #4
Lukin is on a distinguished road
Lukin's Tacoma Gallery
Did the same thing last March. Had an 08 5.7 Tundra that was killing me on gas. We are talking almost 1k a month, I drive a lot. Couldn't be happier with the Taco. Good luck
Old 02-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #5
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Nice. Both trucks. I like the Tundra, but agree that if you don't need it, there is no reason to have it.
The Tacoma is versatile enough in size and balanced as far as gas usage.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #6
Winger12003 will become famous soon enoughWinger12003 will become famous soon enough
Pics!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Traded my 2010 Tundra CrewMax for a 2012 Tacoma-img_0218.jpg   Traded my 2010 Tundra CrewMax for a 2012 Tacoma-img_0219.jpg   Traded my 2010 Tundra CrewMax for a 2012 Tacoma-img_0216.jpg  
Old 02-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #7
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Good color choice.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #8
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger12003 View Post
Well I did it this afternoon, after shopping around for several weeks, finally found the deal and truck I wanted and got rid of the Tundra Gasmax, lol. Dont get me wrong the Tundra is one helluva beast, especially the crewmax. I just didn't have the need for that big of a truck so the Tacoma fit the bill. Got a super white dbl cab TRD Offroad 4x4, V6 auto. Next up some 265/75 duratracs and peeling off these stupid pin stripes the dealer put on her. Check out my pics.
... ^^^ ... I did the same jump (Tundra to Tacoma twice and) and I love the size of the Tacoma ... Congrats ...
Old 02-22-2012, 04:02 PM   #9
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Nice (mine is similar). I did debate getting a Crewmax Off Road when I got my Taco. Drove it and it did run really well.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:44 PM   #11
OverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud of
Name: David
OverRated's Tacoma Gallery
nice!!
Old 02-22-2012, 10:47 PM   #13
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet
Old 02-22-2012, 10:59 PM   #14
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
Hope you like it. I did the opposite of you a few months ago... traded the 2010 Tacoma for a 2011 Tundra Crewmax 5.7. No regrets, but still love 2nd gen Tacos about as much as I do 1st. Best of luck!
Old 02-23-2012, 02:31 AM   #16
Blueridge is on a distinguished road

Blueridge's Tacoma Gallery
Did the same thing end of December, except mine is Spruce
Old 02-23-2012, 04:19 AM   #17
Valkryn is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 2A373 F-15 Crew Chief (Veteran)
Valkryn's Tacoma Gallery
Traded in my 2010 Dbl Cab Rock Warrior on Monday for a 2012 Dbl Cab TRD Off-Road Tacoma. I have to say, night and day difference. I loved my Tundra but to big for the garage since it was becoming a daily driver. Needed something easier to maneuver.

The Tacoma does ride a lot smoother and feels better built. I'll see if I can throw up some pics as well.

BTW, nice Tacoma!

Old 02-23-2012, 04:38 AM   #18
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
I'm doing the opposite as well! Only got 16mpg outta my tacoma. I'll sacrafice a few mpg to have the bigger truck. I get my Tundra tomorrow. Enjoy the Tacoma they are awesome.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:53 AM   #19
My other white toy vvvvv
2012whitetaco is on a distinguished road

2012whitetaco's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! I bought the exact truck the first part of December.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:58 AM   #20
Thumbs up

The Tundra definitely is a nice ride, but now I feel like I am back in a truck more suited for my needs and I just love all the Mod options here on this site. The Tundra was more like a luxery liner and now I feel like I have more of an off road rugged truck for towing my small DJ trailer and doing some mild off road beach cruising, as I am not a big time mudder, but do like to go off road every now and then. With my old Tundra which was 2 wheel drive, leveled out with 33's, and I was averaging about 13 mpg at 80 bucks a pop to fill her up. Awesome power yes, but that power comes with a price. The Tacoma is the best mid-size truck on the market, bar none in my opinion.