1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2012 Tacoma ringing noise in area of AC blower motor

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by WRGADOG, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Feb 22, 2012 at 7:59 PM
    WRGADOG

WRGADOG [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner, TRD Sport Pkg
    My 2012 Tacoma PreRunner has a ringing noise coming from the right side of the dash in area where the blower motor is located. Sounds like a bearing issue to me, but I'm not a mechanic. The noise is most pronounced when cruising or lightly accelerating in the 35 to 50 mph range. Noise is present when AC blower is on low or off and when recirculation button is on and off. I took the truck to my local dealer today. The technician said heard nothing but "gear whine" and attempted to just shrug it off, but I find the noise really annoying. I told him it sounded remarkably similar to the noisy ac blower problems described in this forum. He said there was a TSB on this for earlier model years, but it wasn't applicable to 2012 models. They kept my vehicle over night and said they would call Toyota tomorrow. Does this sound like the AC blower problems others have experienced.? If not any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Products Discussed in

To Top