Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Console Vault @ Costco

Old 12-09-2008, 01:20 AM   #1
2ndtaco07 is on a distinguished road
2ndtaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Console Vault @ Costco

The Console Vault is avalible at Costco.com for our Taco's for only $249.99 shipping included via UPS ground. Here's the link
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...t22101&topnav=

UPDATE! Price is now only --- $199.00---- till Feb. 28th
Old 12-09-2008, 01:37 AM   #2
TEXMEX TACO
alexamado is on a distinguished road

alexamado's Tacoma Gallery
Well, i guess i know what i'm getting for my birthday.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:04 AM   #3
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
thats a great find.sick of hiding crap under the seat when i am forced to valet park my truck.i gotta get this after xmas.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:21 AM   #5
Joe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to behold
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
I find the only real value for that vault is if have a handgun in the truck.
In NJ..unforunately that's a no-no.
Maybe good to hold a GPS unit,though.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:37 AM   #6
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
gun no no gps go go maybe ipod and crack j/k
Old 12-09-2008, 06:47 AM   #7
Joe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to behold
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Another thing I don't like about that vault is if some asswipe breaks in and sees that vault,they'll destroy the console and whatever to break in or get it out.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:33 AM   #8
TEXMEX TACO
alexamado is on a distinguished road

alexamado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Another thing I don't like about that vault is if some asswipe breaks in and sees that vault,they'll destroy the console and whatever to break in or get it out.
Yeah may be true but all this does is slow someone down or change someones mind about messing with the truck. If someone really wants to break in to steal something they will...no matter what kind of system or vault you have. This vault may just make the perp go to the next vehicle.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:36 AM   #9
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamado View Post
This vault may just make the perp go to the next vehicle.
It also may give the perp more determination to open the vault figuring there must be something of great value in it.
I guess it can work either way.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:39 PM   #11
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
That is tight! I need some money! I need a sugar daddy!
Old 12-09-2008, 09:47 PM   #12
e-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud of

e-rok's Tacoma Gallery
looks like the combo lock is only 3 numbers? That might not take too long to break into.......
Old 12-09-2008, 09:53 PM   #13
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
ahh I've been wanting that but have never found one for the taco.... unfortunately it's gotta wait a couple of months first
Old 01-02-2009, 07:14 AM   #14
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Clearly the search failed me... (or, more likely, I just FAILED at searching). This is exactly what I was looking for when I started this thread last night about a locking glove box or vehicle vault.

To the comments above... I think there is value in this is two fold. First, if you're in a state that allows you to carry a gun in your vehicle, this is a way to keep it safe from outsiders or your own kids, etc.

Second, while a determined thief is going to do everything he can to remove the vault from the car and/or break into it where it sits, MOST break-ins are looking for a quick score. They'll see the vault, check the glove box, hit your radio (if you're rockin' an after-market) and leave.

Plus, the vault will almost certainly protect against the bad apple at a valet station or mechanic's shop.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:37 AM   #15
2ndtaco07 is on a distinguished road
2ndtaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-23-2009, 02:24 AM   #16
evaforhire is on a distinguished road
evaforhire's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing is break in proof, but I really like mine. Easy to install and fits good. We have a lot of quick break ins in the las vegas area. I hope this will help for the ipod/gps. Maybe not, but I do like it....rob
Old 02-23-2009, 03:58 AM   #17
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It would be illegal in California for a gun safe as well. The law specifically mentions the vehicle center console and the glove box as an illegal storage medium for a gun.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:42 AM   #18
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndtaco07 View Post
Damn! Patience is not one of my virtues. I got one a while back when it was still around $250.

I still love it, though. I know it's not the most secure thing in the world, but I feel a lot better about leaving my iPod/GPS/wife's purse in it when we go into a movie or a restaurant or wherever.

On the downside, it's not terribly big. If you want it to carry a pistol, you'd better get a small one. I've measured and believe a Glock G30 will fit OK, but much bigger and you'll be SOL.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:49 AM   #19
freesample will become famous soon enoughfreesample will become famous soon enough

freesample's Tacoma Gallery
just a bit half on topic here...i'm from canada and well we dont/against law to carry guns. we always hear rumors that americans carry guns so i was just wondering if most or any of you guys have them in your car with you? or is that just a crazy thing?
Old 02-23-2009, 06:56 AM   #20

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by freesample View Post
just a bit half on topic here...i'm from canada and well we dont/against law to carry guns. we always hear rumors that americans carry guns so i was just wondering if most or any of you guys have them in your car with you? or is that just a crazy thing?
Not yet...

We have no national law like you, but there are plenty of places around the US that forbid carrying gun in the car.

Still, I think that the stereotype that "Americans carry guns in their cars" is a little too much. I have no scientific studies to back this up, but I would bet that the VAST majority of Americans don't carry. Still... any one you meet might be... so watch out!