Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

ABS rant

Old 02-23-2012, 02:42 PM   #21
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethes View Post
Is this just a side effect of lifting, then? Or is it something that happens on unmodified trucks too?

If there were Tacomas wildly veering into oncoming traffic every time they cornered on wet cement or ice I can't imagine there wouldn't be a recall?
I've read about it before...something about calibration? Not sure.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:42 PM   #22
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean266 View Post
Perhaps it's VSC then?
Has everybody got me on ignore or something ?

WTF ?
Old 02-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #23
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by inouk View Post
Quick fix is to remove fuse #42 (50amp ABS). Light will come on but you'll stay alive.

This is what I did.

Oh, beware, you'll have some future post here that will tell you that you drove "too fast". Or, saying that without ABS, you'll have same effect. Be prepared.

Keep in mind that with this done and you have a wreck then the insurance might not pay if they find out. At least I've seen people on TW say this and it does make sense.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:45 PM   #24
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post

WTF ?
I knew I forgot to do something.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:45 PM   #25
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
It's not ABS , OP go back and read my posts .

Good luck .
Old 02-23-2012, 02:53 PM   #26
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's not ABS , OP go back and read my posts .

Good luck .
I saw it VSC. Thanks for ur help man. I'll PM my buddy who works at Toyota
Old 02-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #27
I'D RATHER LIVE, THAN LIVE FOREVER
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
ABS killswitch FTW! It disabled ABS, vsc, and trac.. it tricks the 4wd ECU into thinking the locker is locked (cuz when you lock the rear, it knows your "off-road" and switches all that stuff off. I did it (mainly because I myself hated vsc and trac) and its the greatest mod ever. no more loss of power when turning right, wheeling, etc. Super easy too. Doooo it... Lol
Old 02-23-2012, 04:11 PM   #28

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose1988 View Post
ABS killswitch FTW! I did it (mainly because I myself hated vsc and trac) and its the greatest mod ever. no more loss of power when turning right, wheeling, etc. Super easy too. Doooo it... Lol
Your VSC / TRAC kicked in more turning right than left ?
Old 02-23-2012, 04:12 PM   #29
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Hey....maybe it's not ABS....maybe it's VSC
Old 02-23-2012, 04:14 PM   #30
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Your VSC / TRAC kicked in more turning right than left ?
Yeah... Probably the sharper turn, or angle of the driveway or something. I'd pull out from my complex, and sometimes it would think I was spinning out or somethin. Idk.. hated it. Would kill my power in the middle of the lane. lol
Old 02-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #31

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
Hey....maybe it's not ABS....maybe it's VSC
Lol
Old 02-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #32

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose1988 View Post
Yeah... Probably the sharper turn, or angle of the driveway or something. I'd pull out from my complex, and sometimes it would think I was spinning out or somethin. Idk.. hated it. Would kill my power in the middle of the lane. lol
Interesting

90% of the time mine has gone off is in right hand turns , I wonder if the infamous taco lean is at play here too
Old 02-23-2012, 04:36 PM   #33
Unprofessional Driver
CUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CUtacomaTIGER's Tacoma Gallery
reading this post makes me like my 01 with out any of the extra safety systems a little more now.

my tail end slid around the other day on a turn going up hill on wet pavement. so i just counter steered and let off gas and problem solved.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:43 PM   #34
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUtacomaTIGER View Post
reading this post makes me like my 01 with out any of the extra safety systems a little more now.

my tail end slid around the other day on a turn going up hill on wet pavement. so i just counter steered and let off gas and problem solved.
And you didn't panic???!!!
Old 02-23-2012, 04:56 PM   #35
Doc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doc
Doc35's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

WTF ?
Can you blame them?
Old 02-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #36

Quote:
Interesting

90% of the time mine has gone off is in right hand turns , I wonder if the infamous taco lean is at play here too
Hmmm.. that's a good point. The already leaning Taco, when leaning more in that direction, sets off vsc. Lol.

It thinks its gonna roll over.. HA!.... stupid Taco...
Old 02-23-2012, 05:45 PM   #37
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

WTF ?
That's what happens when you tell it like it is glad some one else under stands how the system works.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #38
Unprofessional Driver
CUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CUtacomaTIGER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
And you didn't panic???!!!
no, not sure why i would. it only went around say 20-35 degrees, not a full 180. There wasn't a lot of traffic and i was only going 25-35 mph. i'm fairly calm and collected in most situations. I was a bit surprised but that's about it
Old 02-23-2012, 10:08 PM   #39
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Just throwing this out there... the ABS is sketchy as fuck on these trucks too. It has gotten me into a lot more trouble than it has gotten me out of I can tell you that much
Old 02-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #40
Get busy living, or get busy dying.
teamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really nice

Royal Canadian Air Force: Top Secret
teamfast's Tacoma Gallery
A light comes on the dash when you have VSC kick in, watch for it. I had issues after lift too but had dealer recalibrate. no issues anymore .

ABS is sound. Is everyone saying they would rather have their tyres lock up in slippery conditions? You lose all control then.

ABS has proven itself enough in 4 wheel vehicles that it is being adopted by manufacturers of two wheel vehicles to avoid the dumping of bikes!

PS If you get into an accident and end up killing someone and the cause of the accident is found to be braking conditions, good fuckin luck man. Your disabling safety systems that is IMO similar to removing seatbelts, airbags and safe tires.
Call your insurance company and anonymously ask that hypothetical question.