1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tires......

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BigBro, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Feb 23, 2012 at 9:02 AM
    BigBro

BigBro [OP] Husband & Daddy ;)

Member:
    First Name:
    Carson
    Atlantic Beach, FL
    Vehicle:
    2005, PreRunner, SR5, Crew Cab, Radiant Red
    Anytime Fog light mod, Rack Mounted OffRoad Lights, Rear Mounted Bed/Reverse Lights, Painted Hood Cover, Painted Lower Front Bumper, Replaced Rear Bumper from chrome to black.
    I like the look of BF Goodwrench A/T's, and I've heard a lot of good about them... But I haven't gotten any for my truck yet cause Discount tire in my area wants $250 each, and I don't have a 1k to put into tires right now. The ones on my truck are in good condition, but just don't have the look!

Anyone got favorite tires that look good and do well both on and off road?
    Or do you know where to get good deals on new tires more specifically around Lindale / Tyler maybe as far as Dallas, TX?

2. Feb 23, 2012 at 9:11 AM
    hetkind

hetkind Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Howard
    Johnson City
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 Access Cab, white with Leer Cap
    bilstein set at 1.75, Racho 5000 rear with 4 leaf kit, floor mats, high lift jack, pull hook in hitch, bed rail corner braces, severe duty brake pads and devil horns on the grill....
    Go to Goggans Tire, in Edgewood, Texas, just north of Canton...best tire guy I have EVER found.

Howard

3. Feb 24, 2012 at 12:26 PM
    BigBro

Member:
    First Name:
    Carson
    Atlantic Beach, FL
    Vehicle:
    Anytime Fog light mod, Rack Mounted OffRoad Lights, Rear Mounted Bed/Reverse Lights, Painted Hood Cover, Painted Lower Front Bumper, Replaced Rear Bumper from chrome to black.
    Cool! Thanks!

4. Feb 24, 2012 at 12:39 PM
    BigBro

Member:
    First Name:
    Carson
    Atlantic Beach, FL
    Vehicle:
    Oooh good idea...... That's why I made this post! :rolleyes: So people like the guy above you can let me in on places that I can SAVE Money!!!!

Or... Did you mean "how about Save UP Money".... So that I could then go blow the money I saved up on tires at an overpriced store when I can probably get the same tires for less somewhere else. < That would not be saving money.

5. Feb 24, 2012 at 12:42 PM
    First Tacoma 2011

First Tacoma 2011 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bruce
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport Tacoma
    Toytec 3'' Lift 2'' AAL Bed Light Mod Westin Step Sides
    Why not just order online? I did that for mt BFGs and saved over 200 bucks and got free shipping.

6. Feb 24, 2012 at 1:01 PM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Go to Goodyear store, get a Goodyear cc, get 40.00 off instantly, get a 160.00 mail-in rebate from them, join treadlightly for 25.00 and get another 100.00 mail-in rebate from them on wranglers, duratracs, silent armors, etc. Goodyear does 6 months same as cash on the purchase. Did this year before last on Duratracs-traded that truck in on the one I have now and late in 2011 did the same thing on Silent Armors. Got 265/70/16s for 900.00 mount/balance/lifetime free rotate drive out after instant rebate, no tire disposal fee since I took old ones with me, no valve stems because I have TPMS & no road hazard warranty because I can use same money to replace a tire if need be. Got the 160 back and net of 75 from treadlightly so 900 - 235 = 675 and sold my old tires for 20.00 + 2 smoked briskets which is worth 40 at least so final cost was a bit over 600 for 4 50k tires. Already paid them off with tax rebate so done and no interest on their cc. WIN!

7. Feb 24, 2012 at 1:15 PM
    BigBro

Member:
    First Name:
    Carson
    Atlantic Beach, FL
    Vehicle:

Cool! Thanks for the info, I'll check it out!

8. Feb 24, 2012 at 1:16 PM
    BigBro

Member:
    First Name:
    Carson
    Atlantic Beach, FL
    Vehicle:
    Didn't think of that. Where did you order from?

9. Feb 24, 2012 at 3:51 PM
    Doooh77

Doooh77 Member

Member:
    Ma
    Vehicle:
    Black Tacoma trd
    Toytec ultimate lift, tc uca's, all pro exp leafs, K&n intake, nfab steps,magnaflow dual exhaust, tonneau cover, grillcraft grill, pioneer z1 head unit with custom kickers behind rear seats, kicker zx750 mono amp, all around Alpine speakers, remote start alarm.
    Does anyone know if you switch from the 17 inch trd sport alloys to the 17 inch trd black alloys off of an fj cruiser if you can reuse the tpms or need to get new ones

10. Feb 24, 2012 at 3:56 PM
    TacoSurf4x4

TacoSurf4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Seal Beach
    Vehicle:
    4x4 board truck
    3 inch lift
    AWESOME!!! You sir, deserve a medal!!!!:bowdown:

Products Discussed in

To Top