Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

May like to see this...

Old 07-17-2007, 06:15 AM   #21
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Those car reviews really do nitpick some of the dumbest things. you have to weed through so many fluffed up reviews its crazy. although car and driver did a really good review of the tacoma after 40k miles
Old 07-17-2007, 07:18 AM   #22
TRDeity is on a distinguished road

TRDeity's Tacoma Gallery
I agree about that video, the only thing they seemed to have found a problem with in the Tacoma was they said it was too cramped. I'm sorry but the frontier is way more cramped. I'm 6'4" and 190 (so yeah tall and skinny) and found I was sitting too close to the door of the frontier to be comfortable, and I only had to lean over about an inch and a half to touch the other side of the cab. My Tacoma has way more room in it. Then on top of that the Tacoma out performed the Frontier. Towards the end they even say "the Frontier was keeping up" on the off road test. Keeping up, to me means that the Tacoma set the bar and was ahead.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:24 AM   #23

TRDeity's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
You wouldn't let a friend drive a Ford. Friends don't let friends drive Fords.
Hey now careful, remember I have a Ford.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:34 AM   #24
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDeity View Post
Why? do your trucks fight when they are around each other
Old 07-17-2007, 07:36 AM   #25
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Yeah, but how often do you find yourself under the hood (be it regular maintenance or "oh crap" situations)..?

Now how much do you find yourself under the hood of your Tacoma? Better yet - how much do you EXPECT to find yourself under the hood of the Tacoma?

Your Ford is awesome, but you maintain it. Most people don't do that. On top of that, most Fords aren't built the way the Mustang is. Just ask my family - we have owned 86' Ford Ranger (2 for my fathers buisness), 89' Econoline, 92' Grand Marquis, Aerostar Van, and a 97 Crown Victoria. Every last one of them had more problems than I had with my 82 VW Rabbit Diesel Pickup that I bought out of a junkyard for $500.

Don't worry - Your Mustang still kicks @$$!
Old 07-17-2007, 08:41 AM   #26

TRDeity's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
On top of that, most Fords aren't built the way the Mustang is.

Don't worry - Your Mustang still kicks @$$!
Yeah I know, the mustangs do seem to be built better than other Fords. As far maintenance, all I ever do is oil changes and flush the radiator once every other year. I now have 105K on the Mustang and it will still run high 12s in the 1/4 mile and the interior still looks new. Never had a major problem with it either, the worst thing that happened to it was the air compressor went out once. I got a used one had a friend put it in and recharge it. That was about six ears ago and it still blows colder than any other car I've been in. As for my first truck, an 85 F150, that was a piece of crap. That was always breaking down but the body was indestructible. I got in a three car collision (okay I caused a three car collision) with that truck, totaled the other two cars (Chevy S10, and a Jeep Waggoner) and all I got was a scratch on my bumper and a small crack in my chrome.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:00 AM   #27

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah I know, the mustangs do seem to be built better than other Fords. As far maintenance, all I ever do is oil changes and flush the radiator once every other year. I now have 105K on the Mustang and it will still run high 12s in the 1/4 mile and the interior still looks new. Never had a major problem with it either, the worst thing that happened to it was the air compressor went out once. I got a used one had a friend put it in and recharge it. That was about six ears ago and it still blows colder than any other car I've been in. As for my first truck, an 85 F150, that was a piece of crap. That was always breaking down but the body was indestructible. I got in a three car collision (okay I caused a three car collision) with that truck, totaled the other two cars (Chevy S10, and a Jeep Waggoner) and all I got was a scratch on my bumper and a small crack in my chrome.
My first truck was a 79 Ford F100 and it was dookie brown. It had glass packs that were a decade and a half old and to top it off.... holes all through the muffler. I don't think it was street legal. My friends use to always get me to rev the engine when we were in the mall parking garage.... car alarms would start going off all around me, it was deafining. anyway, it was a great truck, very few problems. The AC didn't work well, but thats probably cause it didn't come with one
Old 07-17-2007, 01:23 PM   #28

TRDeity's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
My first truck was a 79 Ford F100 and it was dookie brown. It had glass packs that were a decade and a half old and to top it off.... holes all through the muffler. I don't think it was street legal. My friends use to always get me to rev the engine when we were in the mall parking garage.... car alarms would start going off all around me, it was deafining. anyway, it was a great truck, very few problems. The AC didn't work well, but thats probably cause it didn't come with one
Mine was a light brown with dookie brown sides king cab with an extended bed (ranch truck). My a/c didn't work, the gas gauge was broken, the spare gas tank had holes in it, it had one working speaker, the head liner sagged (which I gave an upholstered look with a staple gun), the muffler and tail pipe were held on with bailing wire and oh yeah had a crack in the engine block. Yup that about covers it but like I said it was indestructible.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:41 AM   #29

nd's Tacoma Gallery
I like old fords but i just don't trust the new ones
Old 10-27-2007, 10:59 PM   #30
Secret Agent
Viper-2 will become famous soon enough
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Just thought I'd resurrect this thread for all the new guys who haven't seen it yet. I always thought it was cool. I want to take a tour of that place.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:57 AM   #31
prclements is one of the sharper tools in the shedprclements is one of the sharper tools in the shedprclements is one of the sharper tools in the shedprclements is one of the sharper tools in the shedprclements is one of the sharper tools in the shedprclements is one of the sharper tools in the shedprclements is one of the sharper tools in the shedprclements is one of the sharper tools in the shedprclements is one of the sharper tools in the shedprclements is one of the sharper tools in the shedprclements is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
prclements's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to prclements
Awesome photo tour. Thanks for renewing the thread!
Old 10-28-2007, 12:40 PM   #32
Rich Swanner is on a distinguished road

Rich Swanner's Tacoma Gallery
I live near Fremont looks like a Cool tour. Viper did you have any problems installing your Pop Lock? Thanks-Rich
Old 10-28-2007, 01:58 PM   #33
Carolina Alliance: Golden State Division
GMG3 is on a distinguished road

Army:
GMG3's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for renewing this thread. Interesting video, even if the conclusions seemed out in left field. Uhmmm, no, that's not fair to left field.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:01 PM   #34
flyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flyman767's Tacoma Gallery
30,000 + Tacoma's a year are built in Tijuana. I foresee, unfortunately, in the near distant future, more and more Toyota's to be built in Mexico/Canada...the UAW contract expires next year and even though Toyota's #1 in sales...the operating costs in Nummi have outpaced profits.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniont...1b2toyota.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper-2 View Post
You see now I have not been able to find evidence of that anywhere. I have seen that "3" on some sites states it is made in Canada. The trucks seem to be only built in the US (CA) and the truck beds are made in Mexico. This is what I am finding everywhere, anyone else see otherwise please link me to it. you are right about the 5 & 1 (mine has a 5). Here is a line I got from an online review site:

"The second generation Tacomas are assembled in Fremont, California while only the beds are built in Mexico."

Perhaps this only applies to the new gen tacomas, maybe a portion of the pre 2005 models were built in Mexico? Not sure.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:39 PM   #35
Secret Agent
Viper-2 will become famous soon enough
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Swanner View Post
I live near Fremont looks like a Cool tour. Viper did you have any problems installing your Pop Lock? Thanks-Rich
Actually it was extremely simple. You have to remove all of the bolts holding on the tailgate panel, and that's the most time consuming thing. Other than that it's a real breeze man.