Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Quick question TSB related

Old 12-09-2008, 04:27 PM   #1
Pre08 will become famous soon enough
Pre08's Tacoma Gallery
Quick question TSB related

Called Roswell Toyota to get my spring TSB done. He said that not all '08's get it and has something to do with vin numbers.

Anyway, i was also reading a thread about letters or number on the springs.

All i can find is a CHI on top of the spring and CD on the bottom. Do I need the TSB?
Old 12-09-2008, 07:21 PM   #2
MyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Just tell them it has a harsh ride when loaded. That's all they need to know and they should do it with no issues.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:27 PM   #3
It's a MOD, MOD World
stevigee is a name known to allstevigee is a name known to allstevigee is a name known to allstevigee is a name known to allstevigee is a name known to allstevigee is a name known to all

Army:
Name: Stevigee
stevigee's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Print TSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre08 View Post
Called Roswell Toyota to get my spring TSB done. He said that not all '08's get it and has something to do with vin numbers.

Anyway, i was also reading a thread about letters or number on the springs.

All i can find is a CHI on top of the spring and CD on the bottom. Do I need the TSB?
Yeah - print out the TSB. When I had mine done, the dealer tried to put in the wrong leafs (3 leaf not 4) - It was handy to have the TSB just to double check - they had to order the 4 (I had seen a post where this happened to another guy & he had hell getting the 4s after the dummies just put back in another 3).
Old 12-10-2008, 01:37 AM   #4
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
It has nothing to do with VIN's and 08's are covered. It only specifies 05-08 Double Cab and Access Cabs and must be under manufacturers warranty. If you do not have the TRD package make sure they also upgrade all your shocks to Bilsteins.

http://www.divshare.com/download/5526807-ce1

Print it and take it in, it shows the old part # on the 3 springs that are on your truck, it also shows the new # for the new 4 leaf pack. Verify it when you pick it up, basically if you have 4 leafs then you are good.

They put a new set of 3 on mine and I had to take it back, they admitted it was a mistake and switched them.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:04 AM   #5
Pre08 will become famous soon enough
Pre08's Tacoma Gallery
thanks all!