1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bluetooth Streaming question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jnewell46375, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Feb 27, 2012 at 6:12 AM
    jnewell46375

jnewell46375 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma TRD
    I have a 2012 TRD with the six speaker stereo, XM, and bluetooth option. The hands free phoning works fine through the stereo speakers with my Droid 2 phone, but when I am playing Pandora on the phone nothing comes out the stereo speakers. I can play Pandora and intermitently use my phone just fine using inexpensive bluetooth headsets with this phone, and both the phoning and music comes through my bluetooth headset, as does the audible part of the GPS. Why wouldn't the truck stereo pick up the audio that comes out of the phone whether it is sound from phone calls, Pandora, or Google Navigation? I am new to this site so if you have an answer you could email me at jjnewell@consolidated.net.

2. Feb 27, 2012 at 10:02 AM
    acchd

acchd Member

Member:
    Charlotte Metro
    Vehicle:
    '12 4x4 DCLB V6 TRD Sport
    I am not sure on Droid maybe someone with Droid will chime in. BT radio using Pandora on my iPhone 4 works though.

3. Feb 27, 2012 at 10:12 AM
    tbturner47

tbturner47 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hickory, NC
    Vehicle:
    '16 Barcelona Red TRD Off Road
    There are two Bluetooth pairing options. One is for phones and the other is Bluetooth Audio Player.

Pair your phone for the audio player and it will work. I haven't found a way to do both yet, but I haven't really tried either.

4. Feb 27, 2012 at 10:46 AM
    jonatay

jonatay Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    '19 Black DCSB TRD Offroad 4x4
    I agree, you have to pair it both as a phone and as an audio player. I remember when I paired my iphone 4 for phone calls, it asked if I wanted to pair it as an audio player as well. I went ahead and did both at that time and it has worked flawlessly. It even pauses my iphone audio player when I shut my truck off and automatically starts playing where it left off when I start my truck up again. I love it!
    :)

5. Feb 27, 2012 at 11:08 AM
    ziggynagy

ziggynagy All Glory To The Hypnotoad

Member:
    Stoughton, MA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Sport AC 4x4 V6 Auto Tow
    Westin step bars, led dome & map lights, tailgate hoseclamp, BluLogic, MetalMiller emblem, 35 tinted front windows, extra OEM d-rings, WeatherTech front/rear
    I pair my Droid and now Droid3 with a lot of rental cars as well as the BLULogic in my taco. One thing to note is that your phone will not pair audio and phone if there is already a paired and active audio in use (example: I have my bluetooth headset on and then start my car, droid pairs as phone to car but does not pair audio as audio is in use).

Hope an unpair and re-pair works with no other BT devices on, but never tried this with jbl. GL

6. Apr 12, 2012 at 12:08 AM
    tacomarich

tacomarich luvsoffroading

Member:
    First Name:
    rich
    arizona
    Vehicle:
    trd 4x4 offroad
    any update to this? did u get pandora or other media music app to pair with your bluetooth in the tacoma? i have been able to pair both my phone and music player. i have not bothered to try pandora or other, since i couldnt get them to work before.

like others have said, seems like u need to unpair any blue tooth device then pair with pandora? or pair as phone first, then to pandora? and if you have one audio source already paired, it wont work.

7. Apr 12, 2012 at 6:50 AM
    dmb72

dmb72 post count low - toyota truck count #6

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Oxnard Shores, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD 4x4 De Badged
    Tires (General Grabber AT2), De-Badged, Dyno Lock, Tonno Pro Tri-Fold, TRD exhaust, Alpine ILX-107 head unit.
    Must be a droid thing or multiple phones paired...pandora iPod & Siri all work via bt system & I do not have entune.

8. Apr 12, 2012 at 8:04 AM
    baird

baird New Member

Member:
    I am not sure on Droid maybe someone with Droid will chime in.[​IMG]

9. Apr 27, 2012 at 4:59 AM
    tacomarich

Member:
    First Name:
    rich
    arizona
    Vehicle:
    trd 4x4 offroad
    anyone with android? :cool:

10. Apr 27, 2012 at 5:23 AM
    taco12

taco12 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB
    This is what worked for me when I paired my Droid Incredible. When I tried pairing it as phone and audio separately it would not work. When I paired them at the same time, via the phone pairing wizard, it has worked ever since. I noticed when it is done correctly you will see both icons displayed on the radio at the same time.

11. Apr 27, 2012 at 5:28 AM
    crazyengineer

crazyengineer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    patrick
    Bristol, TN
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad
    K&N Cold Air Intake, Warn Winch and Bumper Guard, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Undercover Bed Cover, TRD Kenwood Head Unit, Infiniti Speakers, JL 13.5 inch pancake sub
    well, it may be similar to my problem, and I can tell you how I fixed it

I plug an Ipod interface into my truck, and use my Iphone (kenwood head unit). When I get in the truck and plug it in, it will play for a few minutes, then stop playing because the bluetooth connected and downloaded.

I am able to get it playing by pulling the plug and trying it again. I don't know if this helps, but that is all I have.

12. May 18, 2012 at 2:32 AM
    tacomarich

Member:
    First Name:
    rich
    arizona
    Vehicle:
    trd 4x4 offroad
    grrrrrrrrr, i still cannot get this shit to work over pandora but the music player built into the phone and making phone calls over bluetooth; work just fine. wtf? lol i have the lg spectrum. i have tried to pair both the phone and pandora at the sametime. all i get is a window to enter a password. it says it pairs but pandora wont play over the audio player.

must be an incompatible thing with pandora and or tacoma or my phone. i dont have the etune but the bluetooth stereo deck that is stock on the 2012s. anyone get this working with pandora, chim in PLEASE! FFS LOL

:confused:

13. May 18, 2012 at 5:14 AM
    taco12

taco12 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB
    I was completely convinced of the same thing on my Droid Incredible...but the thing that worked for me was to pair the internal audio at the SAME time I paired the phone. If I tried to pair the audio player separately it simply would not work...I would press play on Pandora and it would stop immediately. This method also worked for my Droid Charge when I upgraded last week.

14. May 18, 2012 at 5:26 AM
    tacomarich

Member:
    First Name:
    rich
    arizona
    Vehicle:
    trd 4x4 offroad
    ok i tried this too but didnt work for some reason. i will try it again. does your stereo deck, tell u to enter a passcode for your blue tooth audio player? when i paired my phone and internal audio player, it always asks for the code. i enter the code on my phone, pairs the phone and audio player. when i go to play pandora and turn the volume up on my phone, it shows paired to bluetooth headset but my deck shows it paused. i cannot unpause it and no music from pandora, will play out of the trucks speakers.

15. May 18, 2012 at 6:42 AM
    Westside

Westside Southbound

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    Nor Cal, East Bay
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4X4
    I'm using a Blackberry Storm and downloaded the Entune app. Everything works fine. all the "apps" on my deck are available and streaming Pandora via bluetooth. Really, just understand that the deck is simply using your cell phone as the modem and the rest is somewhat intuitive. No need to have Pandora actually on your smartphone.

16. May 19, 2012 at 5:22 AM
    taco12

taco12 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB
    Yes...each time I have paired a phone I have been prompted to enter a passcode.

What happens when you press play on the phone(Pandora itself)? I know when mine wasn't paired correctly I would press play on Pandora and it would immediately pause itself again.

17. May 23, 2012 at 6:16 PM
    tacomarich

Member:
    First Name:
    rich
    arizona
    Vehicle:
    trd 4x4 offroad
    thats what pandora does, it just stops playing right away. i am going to try your suggestions. do i need to have pandora open during the internal audio pairing step? also do you find it makes a difference with the name you give your device or the name you provide the stereo for the connection for the audio player? thank you...

18. May 26, 2012 at 1:14 PM
    shocker7205

shocker7205 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 Toyota Tacoma
    Do you have the Blue Tooth option checked on your Pandora phone options?

19. May 26, 2012 at 3:42 PM
    jtgroce

jtgroce Got R Did

Member:
    In the Foothills, NC
    Vehicle:
    '12 Taco MGM TRD Off Road
    K&N Air Filter Husky Floor Liners Weathertech Vent Visors LED Map/Dome Light Mod Chrome Door Handles AVS Bugshield Bed Mat Fog Light Anytime Mod DTRL LED's Flowmaster Super 40
    I can play my iHeart radio thru bluetooth on my truck speakers just fine. All I have done is paired my droid incredible to the truck. then i will just turn bluetooth on my phone, hit the AUX button and radio says streaming audio and hit play on my iHeart radio on my phone and it plays thru the truck speakers

20. May 26, 2012 at 7:38 PM
    tacomarich

Member:
    First Name:
    rich
    arizona
    Vehicle:
    trd 4x4 offroad
    yes

Products Discussed in

To Top