1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fixed the squeak, but now no heat! ideas?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by winterboy04, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Feb 27, 2012 at 7:09 AM
    winterboy04

winterboy04 [OP] Professional Cube-Jockey

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    MA
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5 TRD (Bright Red)
    Alpine CDA-9886 Hybrid Audio Unity Series components JL 250.1, JL300.4 Infinity Perfect 10.1 SVC 4ohm in custom enclosure / amp rack Alpine PXA-H100 Processor FatMat everywhere URD short shifter OEM Bed Mat Tail Gate Safety Mod (Plumbing clamps) Pro-Dry S Filter
    no heat! SO yesterday, i pulled out the fan/blower for the climate system. Pulled it apart, cleaned, lubed, and re-installed. It is silent now, and shoots air awesome...HOWEVER, this morning when i went to get in my warmed up truck....i noticed it was still really cold. I am barely getting any heat out of the vents, tons of air, just no heat.

AC button is off
    heat all the way on

the one thing i did notice is that when i turned the temp dial all teh way to cold and then back to hot, i got even LESS heat. Can someone explain how the temperature is controlled at the blower? It must be a valve of some sorts, but i don't understand how i could have blocked it or stopped it from working.

2. Feb 27, 2012 at 7:10 AM
    CtTaco

CtTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 Doublecab Sport Longbed Supercharged
    3" lift, Tundra wheels with BFG ATKO's, Viper Remote starter TRD Supercharger
    Check your coolant level...

3. Feb 27, 2012 at 7:13 AM
    winterboy04

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    MA
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5 TRD (Bright Red)
    Alpine CDA-9886 Hybrid Audio Unity Series components JL 250.1, JL300.4 Infinity Perfect 10.1 SVC 4ohm in custom enclosure / amp rack Alpine PXA-H100 Processor FatMat everywhere URD short shifter OEM Bed Mat Tail Gate Safety Mod (Plumbing clamps) Pro-Dry S Filter
    coolant is good. (checked twice for good measure)

4. Feb 27, 2012 at 7:15 AM
    winterboy04

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    MA
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5 TRD (Bright Red)
    i read some posts about the older generation taco's and how they could have issues with the wire that pulls open the heating valve...but i can't seem to find a similiar part on these generation tacos.

5. Feb 28, 2012 at 4:40 AM
    winterboy04

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    MA
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5 TRD (Bright Red)
    Because i know ALL of you were so worried, here is what happened:

Call it coincidence, or just bad luck, but after fixing the squeak, and having my heat die. i had to bring it to a "higher power". brought it to my local shop and they struggled for about 2 hours with it. If you take off your glove box, and look directly LEFT into the center console, you should see two black "boxes" screwed to the side of teh center console. the one closer to the cabin (further from firewall) is actually a mechanical "blender" for the heat. So, while all my heating parts (core, hoses, controls, blower) were working fine, SOMEHOW the mechanical valve (blender) got gummed up. The tech simply moved it back and forth a couple of times, but coudln't see any reason for it being gummed up. After that, it works mint.

one of these days ill pull it out and see how it works, but i have heat now, and a silent blower!

Products Discussed in

To Top