1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Water leaks into new LED Third Brake Light

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Tamotsu, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Dec 9, 2008 at 8:57 PM
    Tamotsu

Tamotsu [OP] New Member

Member:
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma Offroad
    :mad:Bought this smoked LED third brake light from 2KRacing.com and it looked neat. The night after installing it, it rained and a lot of water got inside of the lens. Called 2KRacing for an exchange under the warranty and got nothing but poor attitude. They wanted me to ship it back to the IPCW distributer, saying it was company policy. I told them it makes better sense for them to send me a new one so I can: 1. Keep the water from entering my cab through the hole that would be left when removing the light and 2. They should pay for the shipping of another one to me and I would use the box to return the faulty one. So to get satisfaction I have to pay to mail the bad one back and wait while I tape up the hole in my cab roof. IPCW also begged off saying it was company policy for the bad item to be shipped back first. They liked accepting my $90, but are chickenshit about customer service. DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM 2KRACING.COM THEY ARE SMALL TIME OPERATORS AND CANNOT GIVE BIG TIME CUSTOMER SERVICE....SAME GOES FOR IPCW. IT'S BAD ENOUGH THAT I TRUSTED 2KRACING!!!!!! The cheap smalltime operators make buying online a nightmare!!

2. Dec 10, 2008 at 12:21 AM
    808trdsport

808trdsport Well-Known Member

Member:
    Honolulu
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD Sport Prerunner
    6000k HIDS, double tint in the back and tint front side windows, CGS cat back exhaust, AFE Pro Dry filter
    sorry bruddah, seems a lot of these place screw us here in Hawaii. Especially when it comes to shipping. What happend to your stock light?

Products Discussed in

To Top