!!!NEW!!! Bakflip FIBERMAX Tonneau / Bed Cover

View Poll Results: Which Flip Cover do you like? Considering Price and Features
Bakflip Fibermax 53 36.05%
Bakflip G2 43 29.25%
Undercover Flex 25 17.01%
Bakflip F1 26 17.69%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2012, 05:42 PM   #41
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
just got my fibermax in the mall. install was a breeze and i must say this is my first tonneau and im so far impressed. product is very clean looking. ill take some pics tomorrow.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #42
zham61 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Name: Dr.
zham61's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross123 View Post
just got my fibermax in the mall. install was a breeze and i must say this is my first tonneau and im so far impressed. product is very clean looking. ill take some pics tomorrow.
Awesome man!
Old 03-14-2012, 02:47 PM   #43
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
some pics of the cover are in my build thread in my sig. but hes a pic of what i did with the drain tubes. i drilled holes in the bed and stuck them through. ill prob paint them black at some point to help them match the bed.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:26 AM   #44
taco_truck is on a distinguished road
taco_truck's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Just installed. Awesome product at a great price. Thanks to zham and Scott.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:28 PM   #45
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
just installed my bakflip!!! by far the easiest mod ive ever installed!! 25 minutes by myself with a beer involved as well
Old 04-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #46
magnum922 is on a distinguished road

magnum922's Tacoma Gallery
One thing i did when installing my bakflip f1 was to grind the back bolt washers down to almost the center so the rails would go down a half inch more. before grinding it was 3/4" gap under the rubber flap between the tailgate (closed). now there is only a 1/4" gap. looks a lot better.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:08 PM   #47
TAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
TAOScott's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum922 View Post
One thing i did when installing my bakflip f1 was to grind the back bolt washers down to almost the center so the rails would go down a half inch more. before grinding it was 3/4" gap under the rubber flap between the tailgate (closed). now there is only a 1/4" gap. looks a lot better.
Shoot a few pics, I'd be interested to see how it looks now.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAOScott View Post
Shoot a few pics, I'd be interested to see how it looks now.
Cant quite figure out how to post pics yet but I was able to add them to my profile. Take a look in there. After you grind down the back washer on both sides you can push the rail down a half inch more then tighten the bolt with a wrench since a socket will not fit.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #49
zham61 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Name: Dr.
zham61's Tacoma Gallery
I've had my cover for a while now, couldn't be happier! I'm loving the sleek look while keeping my stuff covered up. Still no leaks or complaints! I hope you guys are enjoying your stuff. I bought more stuff from Scott. I got Weathertech floor mats for my '12, they are awesome!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #50
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Dr., I'm very interested in this as well. The only problem I might see with my application is the fact that I've removed the plastic bedrail covers and have mounted Yak tracks on top. So basically I only have 1/2" of rail available for the cover to sit on. Is there any way you could measure the amount of overlap?

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/...s/6c5f0ddb.jpg
Old 04-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #51
Membor
Cowboyz has a spectacular aura aboutCowboyz has a spectacular aura aboutCowboyz has a spectacular aura about

Name: Luke
Cowboyz's Tacoma Gallery
man ill add this to my wish list. Just curious if you guys saw any difference in your MPG on the freeway. I dont think it would affect your MPG unless you were going 65+, but I figured it would help. Anybody see actual results?
Old 04-16-2012, 02:03 PM   #52
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
I have a backflip. Don't bother. It won't align over the rear gate and I took it off because it's just a pain in the ass when you have to haul stuff that protrudes above the bed, which is often. Doesn't keep water out of bed. Over hyped.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:09 PM   #53
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pster View Post
I have a backflip. Don't bother. It won't align over the rear gate and I took it off because it's just a pain in the ass when you have to haul stuff that protrudes above the bed, which is often. Doesn't keep water out of bed. Over hyped.
Ya wanna sell it?
Old 04-21-2012, 01:41 AM   #54
khx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

khx73's Tacoma Gallery
Yikes.. Sounds like something might be wrong with your install. I only had alignment problems before I properly took the time to install it carefully before tightening everything down. Now it snaps down perfectly lined up, and very little to no water leak. As for stuff too high in the bed for it.. I guess that will happen with any tonneau.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:14 AM   #56

As far as water goes mime leaks a little in all four corners in a hard rain but then i got a rubber tacoma bed mat and now the water goes underneath it. The only thing i dont like about it is that it takes up all the rail space on the sides. i can still put the cleats in the front rail though.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:17 AM   #57
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum922 View Post
As far as water goes mime leaks a little in all four corners in a hard rain but then i got a rubber tacoma bed mat and now the water goes underneath it. The only thing i dont like about it is that it takes up all the rail space on the sides. i can still put the cleats in the front rail though.
Exactly. Same as mine. While it closes fine, the rubber gasket that overhangs the gate is not straight. I didn't want to trim it because then it would be crooked to it itself. I HATE not being able to use the cleat rails.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:50 PM   #58
sporttracguy is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
sporttracguy's Tacoma Gallery
Curious if a bed extender will fit under the cover (since the cover sits down in the bed a bit) I have the basic Amp research bed extender and I want to make sure the cover will close over it. Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks
Old 04-21-2012, 03:45 PM   #59
Banned
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sporttracguy View Post
Curious if a bed extender will fit under the cover (since the cover sits down in the bed a bit) I have the basic Amp research bed extender and I want to make sure the cover will close over it. Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks
I also have the Amp Research Bed Extender and the BakFlip. It looks like it will fit, but barely...you might have to take the black rubber tips off the two points sticking up on the bed extender.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #60
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sporttracguy View Post

Thanks
Mine fits just fine. No issues