!!!NEW!!! Bakflip FIBERMAX Tonneau / Bed Cover

View Poll Results: Which Flip Cover do you like? Considering Price and Features
Bakflip Fibermax 53 36.05%
Bakflip G2 43 29.25%
Undercover Flex 25 17.01%
Bakflip F1 26 17.69%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2013, 09:16 PM   #161
khx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

khx73's Tacoma Gallery
Yes due to the way the back rubber lip hangs over the gate a bit. You can open the tailgate without opening the cover.. but you need to lift the cover a bit before closing the gate.. or else the rubber strip gets pushed back.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:44 PM   #162
Goose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud of
Goose8651's Tacoma Gallery
Just make sure they send you the right cover. I bought a Fibermax and they sent me a G2. Sent the item back and due to poor customer service (Bak told me one thing and they never did it, along with it being extremely difficult to get a hold of employees at Bak both via phone and email) was fortunate to receive a refund.

I did not want to get the owner involved, but he was the only one that would respond to me. kind of sad because i am sure he had more important things to do than having to read all of my emails. Unfortunate it happened, but when someone lies to you about the status of the product and they do not deliver, it makes me pretty mad, especially the cost involved.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:47 PM   #163
Tcomaboy is on a distinguished road
Name: BakFlip customer service SUCKS
Tcomaboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose8651 View Post
Just make sure they send you the right cover. I bought a Fibermax and they sent me a G2. Sent the item back and due to poor customer service (Bak told me one thing and they never did it, along with it being extremely difficult to get a hold of employees at Bak both via phone and email) was fortunate to receive a refund.

I did not want to get the owner involved, but he was the only one that would respond to me. kind of sad because i am sure he had more important things to do than having to read all of my emails. Unfortunate it happened, but when someone lies to you about the status of the product and they do not deliver, it makes me pretty mad, especially the cost involved.
Gee, bad customer service from bak .....sounds familiar
Old 05-22-2013, 08:24 AM   #164
Jmaimin is on a distinguished road
Name: Julian
Jmaimin's Tacoma Gallery
To be fair, BAK does not sell directly to consumers, so anything incorrectly shipped would likely be the mistake of the company who took the order or the WD that shipped the order. Kind of like buying a pair if Nike shoes online, then blaming Nike themselves when the retailer or distributor makes an error. It's always easiest to blame BAK. That said, there are also lots of bakflip sites, many of which appear to be BAK owned or operated, but are not. It's kind of unfortunate that many folks will reach out to these sites thinking they are reaching out to BAK, when in fact this isn't the case. Http://bakindustries.com is the only BAK site, and reaching out to them will always get you a response and resolution to any issue. Just an FYI.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:12 AM   #165
Goose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud of
Goose8651's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaimin View Post
To be fair, BAK does not sell directly to consumers, so anything incorrectly shipped would likely be the mistake of the company who took the order or the WD that shipped the order. Kind of like buying a pair if Nike shoes online, then blaming Nike themselves when the retailer or distributor makes an error. It's always easiest to blame BAK. That said, there are also lots of bakflip sites, many of which appear to be BAK owned or operated, but are not. It's kind of unfortunate that many folks will reach out to these sites thinking they are reaching out to BAK, when in fact this isn't the case. Http://bakindustries.com is the only BAK site, and reaching out to them will always get you a response and resolution to any issue. Just an FYI.
I have to disagree with the statement above. I purchased the cover from a truck accesories vendor through this forum who deals with Bak. I do not want to say the name of this company as they were great to deal with on the other purchases I made. After speaking with them first in regards to the incorrect cover (since product was purchased through them), we verified that the cover was correctly labeled on my invoice and receipt. They also told me the cover was sent directly from Bak, which I also received confirmation from when I was able to get a hold of someone. Finally , the incorrect cover i sent back that was incorrect was sent directly to Bak Industries, not the company who I purchased the cover from. Also, I did try to "reach out" through Bak Industries website, along with direct email addresses from Bak and it was extremely difficult to receive a response as stated earlier. Only time someone responded was when I had to get the owner involved, which in my opinion should not have needed to happen.

I have all of this information in email communications, so I am confident what I am saying is correct, or I was fed more lies from Bak.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:06 PM   #167
FaSTBoY is on a distinguished road

FaSTBoY's Tacoma Gallery
So far I like my Bakflip fibermax only had a week tho. I had the extang trifecta before this and it just didn't look as good on the truck as the backflip fibermax. I just routed the drain hoses as per the picture and water runs out no problem.. I might come up with something better later on but this works great for now.
Attached Thumbnails
!!!NEW!!! Bakflip FIBERMAX Tonneau / Bed Cover-img_00000616.jpg  
Old 08-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #168
BikPickle is on a distinguished road
Marines: SSgt
Name: Nick
BikPickle's Tacoma Gallery
Just a quick tip on these undercover type systems:
You probably noticed, the rubber seals take a long time to form flat to the metal edge moldings. If you quickly apply heat to the rubber with something like a heat gun or BIC lighter it will flatten them out.
For those without a heat gun: Be careful with that BIC. Rubber is flammable after all.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #169
SkottK62 is on a distinguished road
SkottK62's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone bought one of the Roll Baks? I'd love to hear their experiences with it. I'm trying to decide what to get when my truck finally comes in and I like the retractable concept but not sure if its for me.

Also, if Julian is watching this thread, the website doesn't show the Roll Bak yet supporting the 2014 Tacoma. I assume that will change in time so my question is there a approx. timeline yet as to when it will be offered?
Old 09-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #170
Jmaimin is on a distinguished road
Name: Julian
Jmaimin's Tacoma Gallery
The 2014 model is the same as the 2013. It's a pretty decent cover on the truck. I also like the all new Roll-X on the Tacoma. Check it out:
http://youtu.be/qDFth7D92QQ
Old 09-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #171
4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
4x4Taco2012's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaimin View Post
The 2014 model is the same as the 2013. It's a pretty decent cover on the truck. I also like the all new Roll-X on the Tacoma. Check it out:
http://youtu.be/qDFth7D92QQ

I have the Roll-X and I'm very happy with it. Looks good, fairly secure, keeps cargo dry, rolls up in a matter of seconds and gives you full use of the bed. Great product.

I had the Bakflip Fibermax on my last truck and was also very happy with it. I highly recommend both covers.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #172
SkottK62 is on a distinguished road
SkottK62's Tacoma Gallery
Okay, great. Thanks for the replies. I'll keep my eye on it. Got a 2014 on order so waiting for that to come in before I buy things.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:23 PM   #173
BigDogTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Jeff
BigDogTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Good Info

I just ordered an F1. I appreciate all the information gathered from this thread. Hopefully the product will deliver!
Old 10-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #174
PreRonner
SixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
SixtyDashOne's Tacoma Gallery
What is the difference between the Fibermax and the G2? i do a search, and i see the same looking cover.. confusing? sorry, and thanks
Old 10-09-2013, 06:27 PM   #175
SAXD Taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Justin
SAXD Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixtyDashOne View Post
What is the difference between the Fibermax and the G2? i do a search, and i see the same looking cover.. confusing? sorry, and thanks
Pretty similar cover. The Fibermax has the top side panels made out of fiber reinforced polymer, which makes it dent resistant. The g2 has the the top side panels made out of aluminum, which can dent rather easily. I believe the seals are different on the two covers. The Fibermax has the new flush style seal which is supposed to be better at keeping water out while the g2 has the older round style seal. Other than the top panels & the seals between the panels the covers are pretty much identical.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #176
PreRonner
SixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
SixtyDashOne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAXD Taco View Post
Pretty similar cover. The Fibermax has the top side panels made out of fiber reinforced polymer, which makes it dent resistant. The g2 has the the top side panels made out of aluminum, which can dent rather easily. I believe the seals are different on the two covers. The Fibermax has the new flush style seal which is supposed to be better at keeping water out while the g2 has the older round style seal. Other than the top panels & the seals between the panels the covers are pretty much identical.

thank you for the information!!! much appreciated..
Old 10-10-2013, 09:01 AM   #177
soccerkid is a splendid one to beholdsoccerkid is a splendid one to beholdsoccerkid is a splendid one to beholdsoccerkid is a splendid one to beholdsoccerkid is a splendid one to beholdsoccerkid is a splendid one to beholdsoccerkid is a splendid one to beholdsoccerkid is a splendid one to behold
soccerkid's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered a 2014 Tacoma.

Was looking online at different cover options and stumbled across this site! Awesome job!

Does anyone have experience with the Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite?? I was leaning towards that cover before I saw this post.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #178
WalrusTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
WalrusTaco's Tacoma Gallery
BRAND NEW!!!! BAKFlip FiberMax 05-14 Toyota Tacoma Folding Tonneau Cover 64" (Short Bed).

Fibermax

Retail on this cover is $799.99. I'm asking $600 for local pickup only (Ocean County, New Jersey).

Only pics I have are of the box in my garage.

If interested please PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #179
Master Baiter
jethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Geoff
jethro's Tacoma Gallery
Why the hell always a short bed!! Dammit.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:33 PM   #180
WalrusTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
WalrusTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry man. If it were LB I wouldn't be trying to sell...Gotta love ordering for LB and getting a SB. Then being told by the company to pay to ship it back, a 15% restocking fee, and shipping on the new one. Not even worth my time.