Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2012 Reg Cab has bucket seats available in Colorado????

Old 03-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #1
Banned
SLOJAM is on a distinguished road
SLOJAM's Tacoma Gallery
2012 Reg Cab has bucket seats available in Colorado????

Ok so I go the toyota website and build a 2012 reg cab Tacoma using a Colorado zip code and it shows bucket seats in the interior. Using a northeast zip code to build a tacoma on the website it shows bench seats.

My understanding is the 2012 reg cab tacomas only come with shitty bench seats. Is this a computer glitch or can you really get a 2012 reg cab tacoma with bucket seats? Only in Colorado?

I'm considering a reg cab in a 4cyl if the 2014 tacomas have a direct injection turbo engine. Gas prices are getting too steep to be thinking about a V6. I need an economical truck to haul minor stuff and from what I hear the 4cyl reg cabs easily get 20+ mpg as where the V6 engines struggle to get 20+ mpg. 2-3 mpg difference is big over the life of the truck, especially at over $4/gal, where it's predicted to be this summer. It's damn near $4 already.

Here is the picture of the interior with bucket seats using a Colorado zip code:

Here is the pic of the interior with bench seats using a northeast zip code:

Old 03-01-2012, 08:35 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Autos have buckets.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:48 PM   #3
Banned
SLOJAM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Autos have buckets.
Not true, at least not out here in the northeast. Here is a pic of the interior with an auto transmission selected, still bench seats. Also, I went to look at one at the dealership and the 2012 reg cab auto they had in stock had bench seats.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:51 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOJAM View Post
Not true, at least not out here in the northeast. Here is a pic of the interior with an auto transmission selected, still bench seats. Also, I went to look at one at the dealership and the 2012 reg cab auto they had came with bench seats.

Oh all well. I have buckets in mine.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:54 PM   #5
Banned
SLOJAM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh all well. I have buckets in mine.
Wait a minute, you have a 2010 double cab, those come with bucket seats standard. I'm referring to reg cab only. Does anyone with a 2012 reg cab have bucket seats?
Old 03-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #6
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOJAM View Post
Wait a minute, you have a 2010 double cab, those come with bucket seats standard. I'm referring to reg cab only. Does anyone with a 2012 reg cab have bucket seats?
No you are right. I have a DC and I love my buckets. Haha
Old 03-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #8
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No you are right. I have a DC and I love my buckets. Haha
Lol
Old 03-01-2012, 09:35 PM   #11
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

focotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
My neighbor has (in colorado) has a reg cab with buckets its definitely an available option there. Also if you are on the topic of colorado you could just move here and get a v6 and a reg cab with buckets......Fort Collins has the cheapest gas in the country right now.....on average $3.023/gal and denver is only $3.036/gal
Old 03-01-2012, 09:38 PM   #12
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by focotacoma View Post
My neighbor has (in colorado) has a reg cab with buckets its definitely an available option there. Also if you are on the topic of colorado you could just move here and get a v6 and a reg cab with buckets......Fort Collins has the cheapest gas in the country right now.....on average $3.023/gal and denver is only $3.036/gal
no V6 in reg cabs... anywhere
Old 03-01-2012, 09:47 PM   #13
Banned
SLOJAM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by focotacoma View Post
Actually, I used to live in Colorado. I miss it out there. Cool to know the 2012 tacoma reg cab can be had w/ bucket seats. Maybe Colorado folk don't take to kindly to bench seats. That's some cheap gas out there.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:51 PM   #14
Banned
SLOJAM's Tacoma Gallery
Why does Toyota do shit like this? Not fair! Also, Why can't toyota offer the dual vvt-i 260hp V6 engine in the tacoma like in the 4-runner and FJ? That is some bs right there.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:53 PM   #15
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

focotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Ya for sure I am not sure why the gas is so cheap but I love it!!!!!^^^ and that was a typo I know there aren't v6 reg cabs aren't available.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:03 AM   #16
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
I've never seen a 2010 or newer manual reg cab 4x4 out here with bucket seats (but I have seen them in automatics). But Toyota changes their configurator a lot too. So maybe they have a surplus of bucket seats right now. I remember back in 2009 you couldn't build ANY 4 cylinder with a Colorado zipcode. Then you could in 2010. Then you couldn't at the beginning of 2011. Then it switched again. But overall your best bet is just to call your dealer and tell them what you want.

For what it's worth, if you go to the features & specs page (http://www.toyota.com/tacoma/features.html) manual reg cabs list the bench as standard with no option for buckets. but the 4x4 auto reg cabs list buckets as standard.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:00 AM   #17
jbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the rough
jbrenn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco me elmo View Post
Strangely they also started in 2012 to make quad cabs in a 5 lug.. looks ugly as sin too....
Toyota started to make those in 2011. They just did not make many because of the earthquake.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:04 AM   #18
Duaneyo1 is a jewel in the roughDuaneyo1 is a jewel in the roughDuaneyo1 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Duane
Duaneyo1's Tacoma Gallery
When I was looking in 2011, the regular cab 2wd had the bench seat and the 4wd had buckets.