LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toyota dealer Rear Tool Box

Old 07-13-2007, 03:11 PM   #1
lugnut is on a distinguished road
lugnut's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota dealer Rear Tool Box

I recently acquired a 2006 Tacoma DoubleCab off EBay and want to put a tool box in the rear. I discovered that the Toyota dealers actually have one for sale. I don't know if the link I posted will work so in the alternative, please go to www.miltonmartintoyota.com and click on the accessory catalog for a 2006 Tacoma. Scroll way down and you will see it. Its kinda pricey but looks like it is especially made to attach to the rail system in the bed of the Toyota.

Has anyone bought this box? You happy with it? Was it truly "no-drill" installation?

Thanks.

Old 07-13-2007, 07:29 PM   #2
Tazzman is on a distinguished road
Tazzman's Tacoma Gallery
Fits perfect, No drill, Mounts securely to rail system. Looks nice works well..

That is a excellent price also "+ installed"
List is $600+ I got mine at employee cost of $415... So they are almost giving them away there!
Old 07-14-2007, 12:03 PM   #3
lugnut is on a distinguished road
lugnut's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks

The info is much appreciated. On your recommendation, I proceeded to Toyota of Roswell this am and was successful in using a 15% off coupon that they had mailed me some time ago to get the box for $416.00, plus an addtional contribution to the State of Georgia in the form of a 7% sales tax.

It is having to be shipped up out of Jacksonville, as all things Toyota have to be done in the Southeast.

The parts guy and me guessed that the mounting hardware is included since not a word anywhere was mentioned in the parts catalog as to whether it is or not. I told him I wanted to look at the box pre-install, and pre-leaving the dealer, just to be sure Jacksonville didn't pull it off the scratch and dent shelf, or cause it to deserve to be on one in the shipping process.

I will find out for myself soon, but was the mounting hardware for the rail system included, and would you consider the box to be fairly water-proof?

Thanks.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:31 PM   #4
Tazzman is on a distinguished road
Tazzman's Tacoma Gallery
monting harware is 3 slide in square threaded nuts and 3 bolts with a hand full of washers..
Water tight YES.