Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Which stereo to get?

View Poll Results: What brand are you running?
Alpine 51 24.64%
JVC 21 10.14%
Kenwood 44 21.26%
Pioneer 83 40.10%
Sony 9 4.35%
Other. Specify in thread 17 8.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
Which stereo to get?

What stereo receiver should I get? Single din, low budget, want one to where you can change colors, good quality, and of course one that sounds good. I need ideas. Pretty much a flashy receiver that is good quality and low price.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:41 PM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Good quality and low price doesn't really work out all that well. You pay for what you get mostly.
What's your budget?
Old 03-02-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Why not just hit up some local stereo shops. Sometimes you can get a deal on a floor model or something discontinued that might fit your needs.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:44 PM   #4
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Good quality and low price doesn't really work out all that well. You pay for what you get mostly.
What's your budget?
$150-$200
Old 03-02-2012, 03:46 PM   #5
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaKTMracing View Post
$150-$200

Total or just for the radio? Are you installing it or you going to have them do it as well?
Old 03-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #6
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
Total or just for the radio? Are you installing it or you going to have them do it as well?
Just the receiver and I could install it.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:50 PM   #7
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
well if you wanna go cheap a friend has the JVC KD-X40 and likes it.. about 80$

JVC Arsenal KD-A535 is about 100$, little better.

Those are the only two I know of with color options that I've personally seen.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:50 PM   #8
The Blue Warrior

There's one at our local Walmart I like, but I don't think it has a lot of watts and I don't feel comfy buying from a Walmart. Sounds cheap
Old 03-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #9
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaKTMracing View Post
There's one at our local Walmart I like, but I don't think it has a lot of watts and I don't feel comfy buying from a Walmart. Sounds cheap
I mean, it wouldn't be too bad if it was a good stereo.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:20 PM   #10
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
I went with the Sony CDX-GT565UP. Picked it up from WorstBuy for $119. I was going to go with the next model down, but paid the extra $40 because this one has a gazillion colors to choose from. I just left it at the default which means it fades through all colors on a loop. Have had it about a month and very happy with it so far. Final trigger for it was the remote port in the back so I could hook up an SWC interface. Only thing it didn't come with is a case for the faceplate.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:46 PM   #11
The Blue Warrior

Thanks for these opinions. So far I like the jvc that was posted earlier.^ But keep posting opinions!
Old 03-02-2012, 05:34 PM   #13
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Get a good one.

I sugges going to crutchfield.com and looking for one you like. Then read the reviews and search the model here for opinions.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #14
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Get a good one.

I sugges going to crutchfield.com and looking for one you like. Then read the reviews and search the model here for opinions.
I shall try that
Old 03-02-2012, 05:41 PM   #15
berg2065 is on a distinguished road
berg2065's Tacoma Gallery
yeah crutchfield is pretty decent.....here is a link to an excelon for 120 that comes with the harness and the dash kit

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KDCX...5.html?tp=5684
Old 03-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #16
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.frys.com/product/6470672

i had this one before my double din and LOVED it
Old 03-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #18
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxRome View Post
http://www.frys.com/product/6470672

i had this one before my double din and LOVED it
But I don't like the design much. Still a good receiver for the price.