Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

noisy cab

Old 07-14-2007, 06:48 AM   #1
dbatt is on a distinguished road
dbatt's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy noisy cab

Ok I just bought an 07 crew cab TRD it is very noisy in the cab of the truck noiser than my 04 was, actually it was never noisy. It sound like wind noise when you get above 45. I have taken everything off it bug gaurd window vents etc. still sounds like a wind tunnel. I stuffed towels in the door tried everything is this just something i have to live with and is it a design flaw. I really like the truck but this is very annoying makes me wish i would of kept my 04 or got something else. Is there anyway to add some insulation to help w/ noise.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:34 AM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
we've got some posts somewhere else on here that you can search for, but what it came down to was the sealing of the windshield. some people too it back to the dealers and had them listen and the windshield was sreplaced and fixed it...others put some tape along the fronts of their windows and that made it better. i've had mine since november and i havent heard any noise like that. i've got over 16k miles on mine from going up and down i-95 and i havent noticed anything, then again i'm usually always watching a movie, so who knows...lol. others on here have complained about it, so its not a completely new issue.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:00 AM   #3
flyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flyman767's Tacoma Gallery
Can you describe where the noise seems most noticeable? If it's the windshield you can usually isolate this noise by pushing on the inside of the glass directly behind the rear-view mirror. If this is the case...the windshield can be resealed by Toyota service and is covered under factory warranty. Others have claimed some cab noise is attributed to inherit design of the trapped air between the bed and the cab...if so, not much you can do here. I also read where a member isolated a wind noise coming from the back of the cab underneath the jumpseats. Personally, I have no noise issue with my access cab; however, if you can describe where the noise is most prevalent maybe you might be able to isolate or minimize the noise.

TSB:
http://clem.mscd.edu/~reesegr/NV006-07.pdf
Old 07-14-2007, 01:17 PM   #4
dbatt is on a distinguished road
dbatt's Tacoma Gallery
Can't reall y pin point the noise it's just in the cab and sounds like a wind tunnel. I will try the windshield and go from there thanks for both of your input.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:03 AM   #5
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
So far i have had no cabin noise at all. At high speeds with the radio off i can sometimes hear the wind going past the anteana, but thats only noticeable in complete silence and if i'm trying to hear it
Old 07-17-2007, 10:12 AM   #6
Idaho
Basshunter is on a distinguished road
Basshunter's Tacoma Gallery
I currently have had my 07 Tacoma DBL Cab long bed(bought new june 28th) In the shop for 2 weeks every other day trying to fix the wind noise in the cab.Today they are putting a bead of silicone between the cab and winshield moulding to try cure the issue.At 75mph with a 20 mph headwind it sounds like you are letting the air out of of squeeling baloon.It is very annoying.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:22 AM   #7
DirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud of
DirtJumper14's Tacoma Gallery
That's no good. I just took a road trip yesterday and I could have fallen asleep my truck is so quiet. I put the heater on my feet and it was the most quiet comfy truck I have ever been in....mine is an 05.... only thing that bugs me is the bed rattle...but it's really not even that bad.....my buddies fords and chevys squeek and crack and rattle like crazy and mine is almost luxurious....I love my taco!!!
Old 07-17-2007, 12:12 PM   #8
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbatt View Post
Can't reall y pin point the noise it's just in the cab and sounds like a wind tunnel. I will try the windshield and go from there thanks for both of your input.
Maybe try closing the windows while you drive. Haha, just kidding. No problems with my Taco.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:23 PM   #9
Idaho
Basshunter is on a distinguished road
Basshunter's Tacoma Gallery
I just got my truck back from today's visit.They did the TSB:NV006-07 and took it out and drove it fo 20 miles at speeds over 100 and the issue is gone!No more noise the cab is quiet.Hope the sealer stay's sealed.