1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

noisy cab

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by dbatt, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Jul 14, 2007 at 6:48 AM
    dbatt

dbatt [OP] Active Member

Member:
    tx
    Vehicle:
    TRD 2wheel drive double cab
    nerf bars, window vents, bug guard.
    Ok I just bought an 07 crew cab TRD it is very noisy in the cab of the truck noiser than my 04 was, actually it was never noisy. It sound like wind noise when you get above 45. I have taken everything off it bug gaurd window vents etc. still sounds like a wind tunnel. I stuffed towels in the door tried everything is this just something i have to live with and is it a design flaw. I really like the truck but this is very annoying makes me wish i would of kept my 04 or got something else. Is there anyway to add some insulation to help w/ noise.

2. Jul 14, 2007 at 7:34 AM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    we've got some posts somewhere else on here that you can search for, but what it came down to was the sealing of the windshield. some people too it back to the dealers and had them listen and the windshield was sreplaced and fixed it...others put some tape along the fronts of their windows and that made it better. i've had mine since november and i havent heard any noise like that. i've got over 16k miles on mine from going up and down i-95 and i havent noticed anything, then again i'm usually always watching a movie, so who knows...lol. others on here have complained about it, so its not a completely new issue.

3. Jul 14, 2007 at 9:00 AM
    flyman767

flyman767 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Can you describe where the noise seems most noticeable? If it's the windshield you can usually isolate this noise by pushing on the inside of the glass directly behind the rear-view mirror. If this is the case...the windshield can be resealed by Toyota service and is covered under factory warranty. Others have claimed some cab noise is attributed to inherit design of the trapped air between the bed and the cab...if so, not much you can do here. I also read where a member isolated a wind noise coming from the back of the cab underneath the jumpseats. Personally, I have no noise issue with my access cab; however, if you can describe where the noise is most prevalent maybe you might be able to isolate or minimize the noise.

TSB:
    http://clem.mscd.edu/~reesegr/NV006-07.pdf

4. Jul 14, 2007 at 1:17 PM
    dbatt

dbatt [OP] Active Member

Member:
    tx
    Vehicle:
    TRD 2wheel drive double cab
    nerf bars, window vents, bug guard.
    Can't reall y pin point the noise it's just in the cab and sounds like a wind tunnel. I will try the windshield and go from there thanks for both of your input.

5. Jul 16, 2007 at 10:03 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    So far i have had no cabin noise at all. At high speeds with the radio off i can sometimes hear the wind going past the anteana, but thats only noticeable in complete silence and if i'm trying to hear it

6. Jul 17, 2007 at 10:12 AM
    Basshunter

Basshunter Idaho

Member:
    I currently have had my 07 Tacoma DBL Cab long bed(bought new june 28th) In the shop for 2 weeks every other day trying to fix the wind noise in the cab.Today they are putting a bead of silicone between the cab and winshield moulding to try cure the issue.At 75mph with a 20 mph headwind it sounds like you are letting the air out of of squeeling baloon.It is very annoying.

7. Jul 17, 2007 at 10:22 AM
    DirtJumper14

DirtJumper14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD OR
    5100's, BDF grills and light bracket, big 3 upgrade, ATH bed braces, snugtop xtra vision shell, (bed, shell, hood, rock, front, rear, footwell, glove box, center console led lighting), MESO Gasshole, MESO dome and map lights, Flyeyez center console light, custom fuse panel, TRD CAI, toyota bed mat, 2013 black carpet, 2015 side mirrors, BedRug, AJT key fob, ultraguage, 8 cadillac horns acdf, pop n lock tailgate lock, energy suspension bushings, spicer greasable ujoints, Rigid lights everywhere, kenwood stereo, led tube taillights (red), 2018 T4R trail wheels, rokblok mud flaps, TRD skid plate, RCi gas tank skid plate
    That's no good. I just took a road trip yesterday and I could have fallen asleep my truck is so quiet. I put the heater on my feet and it was the most quiet comfy truck I have ever been in....mine is an 05.... only thing that bugs me is the bed rattle...but it's really not even that bad.....my buddies fords and chevys squeek and crack and rattle like crazy and mine is almost luxurious....I love my taco!!!

8. Jul 17, 2007 at 12:12 PM
    gdawg25

gdawg25 Zoom-Zoom

Member:
    Victoria, BC
    Vehicle:
    '08 Mazdaspeed 3
    Maybe try closing the windows while you drive. Haha, just kidding. No problems with my Taco.

9. Jul 18, 2007 at 12:23 PM
    Basshunter

Basshunter Idaho

Member:
    I just got my truck back from today's visit.They did the TSB:NV006-07 and took it out and drove it fo 20 miles at speeds over 100 and the issue is gone!No more noise the cab is quiet.Hope the sealer stay's sealed.

Products Discussed in

To Top