Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Summit Racing rims help

Old 03-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
Sage is on a distinguished road

Sage's Tacoma Gallery
Summit Racing rims help

So i just got some summit racing rims that are 16" please tell me that these will fit my 2nd gen .. I was going to run maxtrac 4" and was told that 16" would work..

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-185-6884P/

I was told these would fit by summit as well does anyone know if these will work

Old 03-04-2012, 03:04 PM   #2

Sage's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 03-04-2012, 03:06 PM   #3
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Summit is a good company. I doubt they would lie to you. post up the bolt patern and back spacing numbers
Old 03-04-2012, 03:09 PM   #4
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
Summit is a good company. I doubt they would lie to you. post up the bolt patern and back spacing numbers

they are in his first post

OP they should fit on a stock tacoma.....

WTF is maxtrrack?
Old 03-04-2012, 03:15 PM   #5

Sage's Tacoma Gallery
6 x 5.5 in. Bolt Circle, 4.875 in. Backspace

Old 03-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #6
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
they are in his first post

OP they should fit on a stock tacoma.....

WTF is maxtrrack?
Like im going to open the link? please
Old 03-04-2012, 03:17 PM   #7
revised
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
6 x 5.5 in. Bolt Circle, 4.875 in. Backspace

New spindals? How much lift do they give?
Old 03-04-2012, 03:22 PM   #8

Sage's Tacoma Gallery
4.5 for about 569$

there is a thred on it... alot of guys like them on here...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...rerunners.html
Old 03-04-2012, 03:22 PM   #9
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
New spindals? How much lift do they give?
4 inches. I have them on mine now...

Also if I understand correctly that backspacing should be 4.75 at minimum... Most run 4.5 bs.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #10
revised
Quote:
4.5 for about 569$

there is a thred on it... alot of guys like them on here...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...rerunners.html

Nice. enjoy them!
Old 03-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #11
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Like im going to open the link? please
your kidding I hope
Old 03-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #12
revised
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
your kidding I hope
Sarcasism for me not opening it
Old 03-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #13

Sage's Tacoma Gallery
Soooo. my orignal question is this going to fit or am i going to have a problem
Old 03-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #14
revised
Quote:
Soooo. my orignal question is this going to fit or am i going to have a problem
I haven't opened the link yet, but, are they hubcentric or lug centric wheels? I think you also need new lugs. Not sure hopefully one of the wheel gurus will chime in.

looks like they will fit tho.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #15

Sage's Tacoma Gallery
lug centric i guess not to familar with that...

it says hub centric= no
Old 03-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #16

Sage's Tacoma Gallery
what does that mean
Old 03-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #17
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lug centric i guess not to familar with that...

it says hub centric= no
Quote:
what does that mean
Our rims are hub centric meaning the rims centers on the hub and the hub takes the weight. Lug centric means the hub and rim dont touch usually and the lugs take all the weight.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #18

Sage's Tacoma Gallery
shit so does that mean that these rims will not work......
Old 03-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #19

nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
shit so does that mean that these rims will not work......
They might with the conical lug nuts that center the tire. Buy I am NOT sure on the Backspacing as I posted above...
Old 03-04-2012, 05:01 PM   #20
Fiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fiveology's Tacoma Gallery
Won't work, center bore is too small. Need a wheel with a center bore of 106.1mm or 4.177 inches.