Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

The Blueberry Slow Build

Old 03-04-2012, 11:46 PM   #1
Blueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Blueberry's Tacoma Gallery
The Blueberry Slow Build

So this is the slow transformation of the Blueberry.

May 2011 Brand new from Midwest Toyota out of Hutchinson, KS. Talk about some arm twisters...

First time in the mud. Not really a build item but still a note worthy moment.

Did the following "mods": Anytime Fogs, Removed secondary filter and Tailgate hose-clamps.

Discovered Plasti-Dip and hit the radio, climate controls and shifter console.

Tried my hand at making a Satoshi grille. First one was a bit rough. Took a stab at it again with a grille purchased from tacoma07pre (thanks brotha!) and it turned out great. Stuck some HID converted Hella 700's behind it and they're held up by a BDF light bar purchased from GoDeacsWFU23 (thank you sir!)

Also bolted some Hella work lights to the receiver hitch and in this crumby photo you can also make out the plasti-dipped tail light grilles purchased from Mouse (Love 'em man!).

Didn't care for the original location I placed the light switches so I plugged the old holes with caps found on the net and relocated them to the shifter console. Much easier to find in the dark!

The following pics are from this weekend. My buddy Gravy and I started welding up a custom roof rack out of 1 1/4" tubing. It'll use the stock rack mounting holes. Plans set to hold four 7" lights purchased from AutoMatCentral.com

3/11 Rack Update:
A lot of progress was made on the rack today. The bottom part of the basket had the crossbars welded in place.

Here's Gravy all proud of his handy work.

Here's the front of the rack tacked into place with a couple of brace tubes in place.

And again with the top hoop completed and the front brace tubes being welded in.

Finally, the end of the day strength test. It passed. It's getting dang close to being finished now. Can't wait to get it painted and mounted.

The Rain finally stopped update! 3/23/12

The rack is painted, the lights are installed and it's all finally mounted (well it has been for a few days)
Here's how it all turned out.

Switches for Grille, Inside Roof, Outside Roof, and Bed lights

Ammo can works great for straps

This is probably all the big stuff for now until I can get a deal on some M/T's. Once again I'd like to thank my pal Gravy for all his hard work welding this all up. He took time out of his bike project to do this for me. Without him this would still be a daydream.

Night Shots, I don't care much for the AutoMatCentral lights up top but they work for now until I can pick up some Kragens or better yet some Lightforce's.
Cereal Killer Fun Fact: The following pics and vid were taken close to where BTK used to take his Boy Scout troop camping.

Pretty bright glare off of the hood. Looking to get some glare shades down the road.

Bed Lights

And just for good measure a silly walk around video I made just for you guys.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCVbD...fOVC9cCnSGSqo=
More adventures along the way. Thanks for stopping by.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:48 PM   #2
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed to see this roof rack.!
Looks good! Keep it up
Old 03-04-2012, 11:58 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-05-2012, 12:21 AM   #5
Blueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd View Post
Coolest project name evar.
LOL thanks
Old 03-05-2012, 12:29 AM   #6

Oh almost forgot the Volant CAI. Picked this up off of Newegg of all places along with a USB jump drive. LOL
Old 03-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #7
FFMedic is on a distinguished road

Name: Drew
FFMedic's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen that around town, as I too am from Newton. That is a sweet looking ride man.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFMedic View Post
I've seen that around town, as I too am from Newton. That is a sweet looking ride man.
Kick ass! Good to see another Newtonian on TW! I'll be keeping an eye out for that 2012 of yours and thank ya.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:49 AM   #11
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
Looks amazing. Can't wait to see finished pics of the rack!
Old 03-14-2012, 01:07 AM   #12
SpeedBlueTaco0502 is on a distinguished road

SpeedBlueTaco0502's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to SpeedBlueTaco0502
Nice ride too bud! How is that Volant CAI? Will you be adding the ram air option?
Old 03-14-2012, 11:00 AM   #13
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
did you mount that roof rack yet??!??! looking pretty sweet
Old 03-14-2012, 04:11 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedBlueTaco0502 View Post
Nice ride too bud! How is that Volant CAI? Will you be adding the ram air option?
I might but not in the near future. I love the tone but as far as any performance improvement I doubt there's any. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscg2008 View Post
did you mount that roof rack yet??!??! looking pretty sweet
Very close. Gravy got all the light tabs in and welds ground down. Just need to test fit it to the roof, weld the mounting brackets and bed coat the whole thing. Should be done in the next few days! Woohoo!
Old 03-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #16
2011 TX TRD Offroad
Cmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B.C.
Cmurder's Tacoma Gallery
nice! KS peeps looking good.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:59 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmurder View Post
nice! KS peeps looking good.
Thanks brotha. We do it right in the flyover country too.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:01 PM   #19
FFMedic is on a distinguished road

Name: Drew
FFMedic's Tacoma Gallery
Lookin good man!
Old 03-25-2012, 07:04 PM   #20
Fiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
Fiolo's Tacoma Gallery
Looks really nice