Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

let's see your Spruce Mica's

Old 05-14-2012, 10:54 AM   #21
tuckerneary is on a distinguished road
tuckerneary's Tacoma Gallery
12' Spruce Mica Tacoma

Just got my new tacoma! Traded in my 08' TRD Sport and ordered a 12' Spruce Mica. New to the site and only picture I have. Upgraded with the 16" TRD Ivan Stewart Wheels. If anyone is looking for TRD Off-Road Wheels, I have 4 New In Box. Located in Colorado. Message if interested!
Attached Thumbnails
let's see your Spruce Mica's-12-tacomasmall.jpg  
Old 05-16-2012, 08:23 PM   #22
Voodoochild 2k9 is on a distinguished road

Marines: VMT-6
Name: Randy
Voodoochild 2k9's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsrip View Post
got one, can now post picture

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/s...34210/cat/500][/url]
I cancelled my order of the TRD Sport Upgrade package for the regular Sport due to talk of the wheels feeling cheap and plastic-y. Kinda of regretting it, cuz those look great on there. Probably easier to take care of than real chrome too. I'm about to pull the trigger on an undercover se smooth painted to match I think. The wife is on board...mainly because it looks "prettier" than the tri-fold tonneaus. If so I'll upload a shot. As of now, I think I'm the only one in town with spruce mica. Love it! Next time try to get a shot on the sunny side, not the shadow side!
Old 05-17-2012, 04:00 AM   #23
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
I liked the color in person better then most of the photos I have seen, but sorry guys, its not Timberland Mica

Seems its following the same path of TM as being a "rare color" out there. Its nice not seeing your truck color everywhere..

Many compliments to the Spruce Micas but I also prefer my Timberland Mica by a slight margin. I'd take a Spruce Mica over any other color
Old 05-17-2012, 09:41 PM   #24
even11steven is on a distinguished road
even11steven's Tacoma Gallery
Here's mine

Spruce mica. Not timberland mica.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/att...a-img_0259.jpg
Old 05-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #25
Professional Goofball
zul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to behold
zul's Tacoma Gallery
Keep 'em coming guys. Love these dark greens...
Old 06-01-2012, 05:38 PM   #27

Well after some consideration I have decided on an undercover se...flat black. Our trucks are dark enough that I think it will look ok. I will post a picture once I get it on; maybe it will help some of you make up your mind if you're on the fence like me. The body shops want like 650 to paint the smooth here, which was a huge factor in my decision making process.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #28
adrstout is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
adrstout's Tacoma Gallery
voodoo child...I love black anything with spruce mica. I did the BHLM, blacked out all the chrome (bumpers/grill/emblems), added a black bull bar, and tinted my tails. Now just to get the wheels painted and the front windows tinted.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:47 PM   #29

You should tint the rears too even if its a 50 or 70%. The glass dye they use doesn't offer UV pro or heat blocking like a film will. I got mine done with 50 and it didn't make it too much darker (I didn't want completely black). Front was done with 35 and it's a decent match.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #30

Here he is. I know, I know, vehicles are usually female, but my wife wanted to name it Hunter...LoL. Anyways, got my Undercover SE today and had to put it on...even tho it was raining out. Sorry for the gloomy weather in the pics. The flash on my camera caught the corner by the light to show off the color though! Only other thing so far is the tint. I did 50 on the back for the UV/heat protection like I said and 35 on the front. Visor strip is 15 I think.

Next thing I do is gonna be to trim up the front mudflaps to about the same height as the rear. Those things are way too low! Would take 'em off, but have heard reports of road debris scratching/chipping the paint without them. Spruce Mica is way too pretty for that!

Will try to get a better shot when it's clean on a sunny day if I can. It flooded here in Pensacola recently. Finally stopped raining today!

Old 06-23-2012, 10:33 PM   #31
Spruce Juice is on a distinguished road

Name: Sam
Spruce Juice's Tacoma Gallery
Just picked up my Spruce Mica Reg Cab. The upgrade to the TRD alloys and LTX tires exceeded my expectations for impact. Other mods to come are cruise control, intermittent wipers, folding tonneau cover, pop lock tailgate, Bilsteins and maybe I will paint the fender flares and bumpers.
Attached Thumbnails
let's see your Spruce Mica's-20120611-taco-2.jpg   let's see your Spruce Mica's-20120611-taco-3.jpg   let's see your Spruce Mica's-20120611-taco-.jpg   let's see your Spruce Mica's-20120611-taco-4.jpg  
Old 06-25-2012, 08:56 PM   #32

Slick wheels! Where'd they come from?
Old 06-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #33
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking trucks to all you SM owners from a TM owner.
Keep the pics coming.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:53 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrstout View Post
voodoo child...I love black anything with spruce mica. I did the BHLM, blacked out all the chrome (bumpers/grill/emblems), added a black bull bar, and tinted my tails. Now just to get the wheels painted and the front windows tinted.
How'd you tint the tails, and can you post a pic of them?
Old 06-26-2012, 10:02 AM   #35
Spruce Juice is on a distinguished road

Name: Sam
Spruce Juice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoochild 2k9 View Post
Slick wheels! Where'd they come from?
I bought them off of eBay from Frank Motors in Calif. They are a Toyota dealer and with Scott's help and knowledge, I was able to make a more informed decision. With these TRD wheels the TPMS valve stems are 20 degrees which means I was able to transfer/reuse the ones from the factory steel rims. With other alloys I was considering, I had to replace the sensors because they take 40 degree stems. Each sensor is $80 so it was a no brainer to go with these wheels.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:50 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spruce Juice View Post
I bought them off of eBay from Frank Motors in Calif. They are a Toyota dealer and with Scott's help and knowledge, I was able to make a more informed decision. With these TRD wheels the TPMS valve stems are 20 degrees which means I was able to transfer/reuse the ones from the factory steel rims. With other alloys I was considering, I had to replace the sensors because they take 40 degree stems. Each sensor is $80 so it was a no brainer to go with these wheels.
Good info, thanx!
Old 06-29-2012, 01:12 AM   #37
badphish14 will become famous soon enoughbadphish14 will become famous soon enough

Firefighter:
Name: Mike
badphish14's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #38
Wapiti is on a distinguished road

Wapiti's Tacoma Gallery
2012 spruce mica

Here's mine.
Attached Thumbnails
let's see your Spruce Mica's-2012-06-14_14-58-08_700.jpg  
Old 07-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #39
Spruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: '90-96
Name: Eric
Spruced UP's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for keeping this thread updated with pictures of the Spruce Mica Taco's. I've been told by SWMBO that I can probably buy mine early next year.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #40
foinsnap has a brilliant futurefoinsnap has a brilliant futurefoinsnap has a brilliant futurefoinsnap has a brilliant futurefoinsnap has a brilliant futurefoinsnap has a brilliant futurefoinsnap has a brilliant futurefoinsnap has a brilliant futurefoinsnap has a brilliant futurefoinsnap has a brilliant futurefoinsnap has a brilliant future
Name: Jeff
foinsnap's Tacoma Gallery
first road trip, Terra Alta WV