Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

exhaust fitment question: '03 tundra to '07 taco?

Old 03-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #1
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
hamNswiss on rye's Tacoma Gallery
exhaust fitment question: '03 tundra to '07 taco?

i know very little about exhaust systems, but i am looking to put a new muffler on the taco for cheap, and ive heard good things about the magnaflows. i found this guy on craigslist selling a center in, offset out (which is what im looking for iirc) magnaflow from his 03 tundy...anybody have any idea if this whole system would fit up to my truck? its a long shot, but i figured it was worth asking...im really only interested in the muffler anyways. thanks

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/pts/2884068754.html
Old 03-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

also, as far as having this on his truck for 5 years already, is this something i should be wary of? do regular aftermarket mufflers like this 'burn out' like the cheap glasspack ones?
Old 03-05-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
They're just full of metal baffles. Any good shop can make the muffler fit alone but the exhaust pipe probably isn't going to match up with the rear hanger.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:05 PM   #4
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
They're just full of metal baffles. Any good shop can make the muffler fit alone but the exhaust pipe probably isn't going to match up with the rear hanger.
so, in theory, a 5 year old muffler (aside from visual aesthetics) should be just as good as a new one? any idea how much a shop would ding me to throw the muffler on? thank you
Old 03-05-2012, 01:07 PM   #5
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamNswiss on rye View Post
so, in theory, a 5 year old muffler (aside from visual aesthetics) should be just as good as a new one? any idea how much a shop would ding me to throw the muffler on? thank you
In theory, yes. It looks like stainless to boot. That all depends on the shop and what the have to do.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:16 PM   #6
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
In theory, yes. It looks like stainless to boot. That all depends on the shop and what the have to do.
okay, thanks. also, i believe this muffler is a 2.5" in and 3" out...think this would be enough to create any noticeable problems with back pressure, etc?