Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tacoma with clearance lights?

Old 03-06-2012, 03:09 AM   #1
ne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erick Iglesias
ne0tas's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma with clearance lights?

Has anyone put them on a Tacoma? I love clearance lights, be it a tractor/trailer or on a pick-up truck. I just have never seen one on a Tacoma before.

Old 03-06-2012, 04:58 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

I remember that thread Brock! This is the same response I put in that thread:

On a Peterbilt, yes, on a Tacoma, no...
Old 03-06-2012, 05:02 AM   #3
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I remember that thread Brock! This is the same response I put in that thread:

On a Peterbilt, yes, on a Tacoma, no...
x2. I saw a 1st gen with them and it was a sad sight. Never seen a 2nd gen with them though.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:25 AM   #4
Banned
IndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
IndianTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i think it would look good. just not my style
Old 03-06-2012, 05:34 AM   #5
TieDie
Tiedie is a jewel in the roughTiedie is a jewel in the roughTiedie is a jewel in the roughTiedie is a jewel in the rough

Tiedie's Tacoma Gallery
The title says it all clearance lights that means they are for making sure you can clear the overhead object. My opinion is don't do it if your not 13'6" your not a big truck. There are plenty other options you can add to make your pick up look real cool.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:51 AM   #6
You Can't Fix Stupid !
Smokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Vehicle Mechanic
Name: Jeremy
Smokey11's Tacoma Gallery
cab lights are like stacks...they are made for trucks not pickups !!
Old 03-06-2012, 05:56 AM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey11 View Post
cab lights are like stacks...they are made for trucks not pickups !!
Smoke stacks and clearance lights. This guy must be a balla
Old 03-06-2012, 07:17 AM   #8
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Smoke stacks and clearance lights. This guy must be a balla

He is a Balla, don't you see the truck Nutz!

a lot of the f350 and Dodge 2500 come with clearance lights.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:39 AM   #9
TRDyota09 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jabin
TRDyota09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Specalt View Post
He is a Balla, don't you see the truck Nutz!

a lot of the f350 and Dodge 2500 come with clearance lights.
I see those kind of truck everyday! Personally I love the look and sound of a diesel with stacks! It seems like every other person owns one where I live, and my dad owns 4 super duty's, so ill stick with the tacoma.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:58 AM   #11
Easily Replaceable Member
elmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
elmo7's Tacoma Gallery
I can see it now. Someone will do them, then someone will do them in blue, then someone will make them flash, then someone will get pulled. LOL!

Seriously though, that just screams "I wish I were a big truck."
Old 03-06-2012, 08:00 AM   #12
65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wade
65tacodude's Tacoma Gallery
I was thinking of doing some in the grill like the Raptors, but Im lazy.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:02 AM   #13
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleighman View Post
I am mixed on this one. Someone needs to do this so we all can see it.
X2, I wouldn't want to do it I don't think, but I would want to see what it looks like. Not sure.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:56 AM   #14
ne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erick Iglesias
ne0tas's Tacoma Gallery
This needs to go in the photoshop request thread!
Old 03-07-2012, 06:14 AM   #15
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
Found this
[
Old 03-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #16
Wishin' I was Fishin'
landphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shed

landphil's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Found this
Those lights make the roof line look like a dodge, which is NOT a good thing in my books. Not as bad as I expected, but it doesn't do it for me.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:41 PM   #18
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
i saw one that had them. they did not look good!! like they do on 3/4 ton and 1 ton and bigger trucks. idk if they wear just crapy one or what but it looked like crap. i love the look of them on big trucks tho. they even have some nice LED ones out now.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:58 PM   #19
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
My '69 F-100 came with them from the factory and looked sweet. On a Taco? No. Entirely too small of a truck for them IMO.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #20
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
Ok I'm going to address a couple of things in here.

First: This has been discussed before, a couple of times. Try searching.

Now: "Clearance lights" or as they're more properly known as "Marker lights" are legally required on vehicles of a certain width not height. the 3 lights in the middle mark the center of the vehicle, and each outer light is supposed to go on the outer most edge of the roof line. They're mounted high up on the vehicle so as to be visible, and so they're not confused with head/tail/signal lights. Also the larger pick ups with dual rear wheels need them mounted on the front and rear outside edge of the wheel well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiedie View Post
The title says it all clearance lights that means they are for making sure you can clear the overhead object. My opinion is don't do it if your not 13'6" your not a big truck. There are plenty other options you can add to make your pick up look real cool.
As for the following picture: this truck carries a plow blade on it, which is quite wide. Wider than any regular vehicle, in order to properly clear snow. Therefor it is again required to have the marker lights on the roof.

Quote:
Found this
[