1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Taking my 09 tacoma to get its clutch checked out

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jeff1304, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Mar 6, 2012 at 11:00 AM
    jeff1304

jeff1304 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Las vegas
    Vehicle:
    09 Single Cab 4x4 SR5
    its a 09 tacoma with not even 16k miles and im getting clutch slipping when shifting from 2nd to 4th and 3rd to 4th. and he said it wasn't covered under warranty because its a wear part is this true because it seem really weird that its going out this fast. kinda figured it would be covered under the 5 year power train warranty ? and if it is bad they want to charge me $900 for the clutch which seems high ?

2. Mar 6, 2012 at 11:41 AM
    aaron101

aaron101 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    aaron
    buffalo
    Vehicle:
    2010 black tacoma
    some dealers have covered . seems like u still have to fight them about it my 2010 reg cab started sliping at 20,000 seems the dealer didnt think so . so at 58,000 i replaced it . they are not covered under any warr , read the book in the glovebox. its a wearable. the 4cyl 5 speeds have a luk clutch in them something is funny with the preesure plate . mine sliped the colder it became outside the more it sliped . luk is junk make sure u replace with a aisin setup call toyota at the ex number and tell em. maybe it will help others good luck LUK SUCKS GO YOTA

Products Discussed in

To Top