Notices

Tacoma 2012 front bumper ideas?!??!

Old 03-06-2012, 02:30 PM   #1
BenGIEF is on a distinguished road

Name: Ben
BenGIEF's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to BenGIEF
Tacoma 2012 front bumper ideas?!??!

Soooo.... i don't have any idea how i can mod out my 2012 Tacoma's front center bumper underneath the grill... that plastic grey looks so cheesy to me and i don't know if i want to do a total off road conversion either... any idea or pictures of what you guys might do to yours? or any pictures of 2012 Tacoma's that you know of that has done anything with that plastic center peice?!? (note: have been looking online but can't find anything besides the full off road pro bumpers and whatnot)
Old 03-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #2
gopedguy101 will become famous soon enoughgopedguy101 will become famous soon enough

gopedguy101's Tacoma Gallery
This is my problem also I don't really want a full plate bumper but don't really like the stoke one either!
Old 03-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #3

BenGIEF's Tacoma Gallery
i know right... and i really have a hard time finding any kind of mods on a 2012 as well... i was even thinking about plasti-dip, any thoughts on how that would look?
Old 03-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #4
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
deadhed61's Tacoma Gallery
You could get a bumber guard from Avid that will cover it up partially. Or maybe cut out the "grill" portion and set in some mesh??
Old 03-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #5
kev2lz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkev2lz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkev2lz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkev2lz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkev2lz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkev2lz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkev2lz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkev2lz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkev2lz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkev2lz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkev2lz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Don't call me Bubba!
kev2lz's Tacoma Gallery
I've been thinking about putting a bull bar on mine (yes, I know that inter-dimensional, ass-raping monkeys will fly down and fling poo on my Taco if I install a bull bar...I have nerf bars too..what of it?!!) but haven't committed to anything yet. Tagging along.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:42 PM   #6
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Get a Avid light bar
Old 03-06-2012, 02:42 PM   #7
J Veezy is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeff
J Veezy's Tacoma Gallery
Usually the area under the bumper that's not body-color is called the valence, if that helps your searches.

Personally I can't think of common mods to that area except to paint it, usually with a rattle can bedliner to protect it better from road debris. Other than that, folks generally replace the whole thing if they're gonna do anything in that area, unless you wanted to do an undercover winch mount. For that you need to modify the bumper to clear the fairlead...
Old 03-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #8

BenGIEF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhed61 View Post
You could get a bumber guard from Avid that will cover it up partially. Or maybe cut out the "grill" portion and set in some mesh??
OOooOoOo mesh?!??! that sounds sexy, i wonder what that would look like
Old 03-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #9

BenGIEF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev2lz View Post
I've been thinking about putting a bull bar on mine (yes, I know that inter-dimensional, ass-raping monkeys will fly down and fling poo on my Taco if I install a bull bar...I have nerf bars too..what of it?!!) but haven't committed to anything yet. Tagging along.
i have nerf bars on mine too actually and was thinking about putting in a bull bar but i've been trying to think of alternatives
Old 03-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #10
griffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: POL/Fuels
Name: Ryan
griffin407c's Tacoma Gallery
color match?
Old 03-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #11
Just Enjoy Life!!
Fern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: American Medical Response
Name: Fernando
Fern's Tacoma Gallery
Are there light bars already available for the 2012 tacos yet?

I'm thinking about painting my lower valance black or getting rhino lined. I just don't know how to take it off. Haven't looked under there yet either though.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #12
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
deadhed61's Tacoma Gallery
It's pretty easy to take off, yeah. And yeah Avid Offroad has a light bar for the 2012 already.I should be getting mine along with the RBG in about a week!
Old 03-06-2012, 03:32 PM   #13
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
I hacked out a hole in mine, looks better already.....

Old 03-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #14

BenGIEF's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
I hacked out a hole in mine, looks better already.....

INTERESTING!!! i like that, it does have a better look!!!
Old 03-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #15

BenGIEF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhed61 View Post
It's pretty easy to take off, yeah. And yeah Avid Offroad has a light bar for the 2012 already.I should be getting mine along with the RBG in about a week!
thanks for the suggestion! i had no idea they came out with one already, i actually like this look better than the bull bars i was debating on! thanks for the advice, i didn't even know how pricey it was until i took a look
Old 03-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #16
Just Enjoy Life!!
Fern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: American Medical Response
Name: Fernando
Fern's Tacoma Gallery
DAMN! Now I want that light bar powder-coated black on my truck!!!
Old 03-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #17
Mr. Magoo
MonkeyChief is on a distinguished road

Name: Citizen #1839-7634-001
MonkeyChief's Tacoma Gallery
I just got done showing my truck to a good friend who does metal fab for a living and between the two of us, I think we have a few cool ideas for the front end. One of the ideas is to integrate a skip plate into the rework of the front end as well, which to me makes sense since I appreciate it when design considers how it will integrate itself in with the vehicle and it's function.

It looks like we will be doing some work on the design and identifying the location for mounting hopefully this weekend and early next week.

Some options we talked about were mounting for lights and a light duty winch.

As soon as I have something to share, I'll start a bumper build thread.

BTW: my buddy's experience is with 4WD and heavy duty equipment, so this shouldn't be too tough for him.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:52 PM   #18

BenGIEF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by damole View Post
I just got done showing my truck to a good friend who does metal fab for a living and between the two of us, I think we have a few cool ideas for the front end. One of the ideas is to integrate a skip plate into the rework of the front end as well, which to me makes sense since I appreciate it when design considers how it will integrate itself in with the vehicle and it's function.

It looks like we will be doing some work on the design and identifying the location for mounting hopefully this weekend and early next week.

BTW: my buddy's experience is with 4WD and heavy duty equipment, so this shouldn't be too tough for him.
oh that's cool!!! keep me posted, im excited to see what you guys come up with!
Old 04-15-2012, 09:19 PM   #19
EATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mark
EATABULLETcom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by damole View Post

Any progress on the '12 front end rework?
Old 05-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #20
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Im going to be taking my lower Valence off and plasti-diping it.. Protects it and gives it a better look. Actually shiny black not dull black or gray like it is now....