Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

HELP Jet Programmer #67030

Old 03-06-2012, 08:46 PM   #1
Hunt89 is on a distinguished road

Hunt89's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation HELP Jet Programmer #67030

Hey everyone i have a jet programmer in my 2007 4.0L tacoma. I bought it with it already installed in the truck. I am looking to remove it and if you unplug it the check engine light comes on and the truck runs like shit at idle. How do i go about removing it? If anyone has any experiances with these or any info let me know please!! thanks
Old 03-07-2012, 06:13 PM   #2
I have a spectacular aura
Bryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud of

Bryan139's Tacoma Gallery
From what I've read around here those chips don't do anything. I wish I could help. Maybe if we get this thread back up to the top somebody else might know something.

Bump.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Unplug it from where? Your OB2 Port?
Old 03-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #5
TRDyota09 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jabin
TRDyota09's Tacoma Gallery
From what I understand from these, in order to remove it, you have to try to configure it back to stock settings before removal, and I'm not sure how its installed on the tacoma, but the Ford just plugs in like a scan tool to your OBD2 and you adjust the settings, download, and unplug. I could be mistaken but maybe that's what you need to do also. I hope this helps.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:42 PM   #6

Hunt89's Tacoma Gallery
thanks guys um yah my buddys a mechanic and has a scan tool we just havent got around to playing with it and hes a gm mechanic so he doesnt know a whole a lot about the toyotas but just hoped anyone new more. im just curious how it affects my mileage i may end up hooking it back up
Old 03-07-2012, 09:45 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
If it hooks up to the OBD port it isn't doing crap.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:47 PM   #8

Hunt89's Tacoma Gallery
its doing something cause it trips the check engine light when i unplug it and the truck runs like shit at idle
Old 03-07-2012, 09:49 PM   #9
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
If it hooks up to the OBD port it isn't doing crap.
Not true, you can change the tuning and program via OBD2

That's exactly how toyota downloads their updates
Old 03-07-2012, 09:49 PM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt89 View Post
its doing something cause it trips the check engine light when i unplug it and the truck runs like shit at idle
Probably fried the computer.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:00 PM   #11
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
Unplug it disconnect your battery, leave it over night unplugged (battery) then reconnect it in the morning and try to start it up. That should reset the computer. If that doesn't work then try the Contra code, that works on any toyota
Old 03-07-2012, 10:03 PM   #12
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
Not true, you can change the tuning and program via OBD2

That's exactly how toyota downloads their updates
Toyota encodes their software so nothing like this will work that's why the URD MAF calibrator and X1 exist. They lie to the stock ECU.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Toyota encodes their software so nothing like this will work that's why the URD MAF calibrator and X1 exist. They lie to the stock ECU.
... I was under the impressing the reason the URD MAF, X-1, and my URD PCU are piggy back systems is to intercept the signals BEFORE they reach the ecu in order to modify them. Not because the ecu can't be re-programed.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #14
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
... I was under the impressing the reason the URD MAF, X-1, and my URD PCU are piggy back systems is to intercept the signals BEFORE they reach the ecu in order to modify them. Not because the ecu can't be re-programed.
As far as I know they take the data and substitute their own data so that the ECU thinks something else is going on thus injecting more fuel and adjusting the timing.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #15

Hunt89's Tacoma Gallery
thanks guys um ill try disconnecting the battery, whats a contra code?
Old 03-08-2012, 06:06 AM   #17
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenpachiZaraki View Post
Unplug it disconnect your battery, leave it over night unplugged (battery) then reconnect it in the morning and try to start it up. That should reset the computer. If that doesn't work then try the Contra code, that works on any toyota
Without taking it to a Toyota mechanic, this is probably your best bet.

Quote:
Contra code is a cheat code from an old video game... It won't do anything for your Tacoma
Old 03-08-2012, 06:33 AM   #18
I have a spectacular aura
Bryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud of

Bryan139's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
Old 03-08-2012, 06:53 AM   #19
Banned
IndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
IndianTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan139 View Post
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
Old 03-08-2012, 01:56 PM   #20
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
That was awesome and mean all that the same time lol.