Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2009, 2010, or 2011 which is more reliable?

Old 03-06-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
Jowen15 is on a distinguished road
Jowen15's Tacoma Gallery
2009, 2010, or 2011 which is more reliable?

I'm looking to buy a used Tacoma and was looking mainly at the 2010 and 2011 Automatic Double Cab 4x4 with the TRD Off-Road package. I need this truck for every day use and dirt biking and was wondering which year is the most reliable and has the least problems, so that I can pick a a more trustworthy truck. I also threw the 2009 in there, but haven't looked at it much.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #2
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
they are all EXACTLY the same
Old 03-06-2012, 09:03 PM   #3
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
6 speed or automatic?
Old 03-06-2012, 09:03 PM   #4
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Take your pick. All can be considered extremely reliable.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #5
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
they are all EXACTLY the same
X2...
Old 03-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #6
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Havent had any problems with my 2011 at all
Old 03-06-2012, 10:35 PM   #7
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
2011 has a different grille , other than that they are all the same truck
Old 03-06-2012, 10:36 PM   #8
Jowen15's Tacoma Gallery
I've read about gear hunting in the 2010 models. Will this be any big problem?
Old 03-06-2012, 10:37 PM   #9
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowen15 View Post
No

I assume you are looking at autos then
Old 03-06-2012, 10:54 PM   #10
Jowen15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
No

I assume you are looking at autos then
Yea looking at autos just fixed it up top and thanks
Old 03-06-2012, 11:51 PM   #11
leveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
leveltwo's Tacoma Gallery
Same trucks, same engines, the only thing that matters is the driver of the vehicle. If it was run into the ground its not gonna be as "reliable" as another...
Old 03-07-2012, 07:29 AM   #12
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Since you clarified automatic look at it this way. Resale value is awesome on these so a 10 and an 11 are going to be priced close. If you can get a better deal on a ten do it but why not pay a few bucks more, grab an eleven that some dealer is trying to get rid of and get all the factory warranties and free oil changes/tire rotations. And if it matters that much to you 2011 has the honeycomb grill and I think nicer dash cluster? GL
Old 03-07-2012, 07:31 AM   #13
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
LoL
Old 03-07-2012, 07:37 AM   #14
John3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
John3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowen15 View Post
This was addressed with the accelerator pedal recall. Toyota will update the ecu as part of the recall. The trans had a tendency to drop into 1st gear too soon, causing rpms to go up when slowing below 20mph...like at a stop light or a slow turn. The ecu update fixed this issue.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #15
lundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Justin
lundy's Tacoma Gallery
Don't quote me on this because I don't know what years it applies to but don't get one that has Vin starting in "3". Mine is a "3". Made in Mexico Who would have thought Mexico would be bad a making Taco's? Bad joke I know. But all in all I'd just stay away from a "3" for sure because my 2010 has had numerous problems.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #16
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
I heard the 2011's are way better than any other ones. That's just what I heard though...
Old 03-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #17
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post
Don't quote me on this because I don't know what years it applies to but don't get one that has Vin starting in "3". Mine is a "3". Made in Mexico Who would have thought Mexico would be bad a making Taco's? Bad joke I know. But all in all I'd just stay away from a "3" for sure because my 2010 has had numerous problems.
Do you have issues with yours because of this? Mine is also assembled in mexico, which I'm not happy about. But I've had no issues on my 2011.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #18
she'll ride
nut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3 (Vet)
Name: Patrick
nut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
I heard the 2012's are way better than any other ones. That's just what I heard though...
fixed that for ya
Old 03-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #19

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't all the DC production move to Mexico after the 2009's ?
Old 03-07-2012, 01:28 PM   #20
rdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ross
rdd11's Tacoma Gallery
Got a 2008 and no issues