Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

08 Keyless Entry Kits

Old 03-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #1
TC79 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tom
TC79's Tacoma Gallery
08 Keyless Entry Kits

So I searched the site and haven't really found anything concrete. So here's my question, I have an 08 V6 Dbl Cab with factory Power Locks, but no keyless entry. The truck does have the chipped keys. I was wondering can the dealer program keyless remotes? Or should I install an afternarket alarm? Installing an alarm is no problem for me, however I found most seem to malfunction after a few years. I'm just curious if anyone out there has had the dealer add keyless, or what others have used for aftermarket kits, and what brand they would recommend. She's parked in a garage so I really have no use for remote start. Thanks in Advance
Old 03-07-2012, 12:17 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!

I would guess that the truck was built with keyless entry and you just weren't given the remotes when you bought it. I'm not sure on what's involved with reprogramming a remote, but you can get an OEM remote on Ebay and I'm sure there are steps in the Owner's Manual on reprogramming remotes (if not then you can always have the dealer do that part for you).
Old 03-26-2012, 01:13 AM   #3
831Danny is on a distinguished road
Name: Danny
831Danny's Tacoma Gallery
2012 Tacoma

Hi guys i had kind of the same/similar question. I just bought a 2012 tacoma (no SR5 package) and is has power locks in the inside but the salesman said that it did not come with KEYLESS entry... Does this mean that the unit is already installed and all i need it programmed remotes?
Old 03-26-2012, 06:39 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 831Danny View Post
Hi guys i had kind of the same/similar question. I just bought a 2012 tacoma (no SR5 package) and is has power locks in the inside but the salesman said that it did not come with KEYLESS entry... Does this mean that the unit is already installed and all i need it programmed remotes?
Since yours is so new, check your window sticker to see what options it came with. You said it doesn't have the SR5 package so it very well may not have keyless entry. The OP has a 2008 double cab which I believe had to have come with the SR5 package (I've never been able to find a double cab without the SR5 package up where we live, I suppose it could have happened but there don't seem to be any around either on the dealer lots or on the road).
Old 03-26-2012, 06:56 AM   #5
blogs is on a distinguished road
blogs's Tacoma Gallery
I would guess that the truck was built with keyless entry and you just weren't given the remotes when you bought it.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:22 PM   #6
831Danny is on a distinguished road
Name: Danny
831Danny's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks

Okay. Thanks guys. I will look into it and I will get back to you on it.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:56 AM   #7
mustang is on a distinguished road
Air Force: A1C
mustang's Tacoma Gallery
Dont have power locks on 2012 base tacoma loved to have keyless entry can it happen Thanks
Old 01-29-2013, 07:07 AM   #8
rickc5 is on a distinguished road

Name: Rick
rickc5's Tacoma Gallery
Our used 2006 DC didn't come with the remote fobs. I bought two used ones off eBay for $19.50 each with free shipping & programming instructions. It took me maybe 5 minutes to program both fobs to the truck, and they work fine. If you have an SR5, you should have gotten fobs. If not, this is a cheap answer. No need to drop a fortune on the dealer.