Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Sled deck?

Old 03-07-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
WheelinJ91 will become famous soon enough
Name: John
WheelinJ91's Tacoma Gallery
Sled deck?

Hey so i figure i already know the answer to this before i even ask but might aswell ask anyhow.

So i was just wondering if there is such a think as a sled/atv deck that would fit in our 5' short beds?

If by chance there is such a thing where could i find one?
Old 03-07-2012, 12:04 PM   #2
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Try kijiji, though the short bed is soo short. I found a few, was was concerned about them being too long for my long bed.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:06 PM   #3
05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ken
05sctaco's Tacoma Gallery
You could make one, but it'll be easier to tow in a trailer.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:07 PM   #4
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Found one made by Denali on Cap-it's site but it's for a 6' box
Old 03-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #5
Yeah i figured that the shortbed would limit me to only a dirtbike racequad and hopefully my R6 will sit in the back without hurting the tailgate.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:51 PM   #6
05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ken
05sctaco's Tacoma Gallery
the tailgate is weak, you'll need to reinforce it with a steel sheet, look into gatorgate, i think thats the name, they made an add on steel plate, now i don't know if the tailgate cable would hold, but you'd need new tie downs. Its possible if you put your mind into it.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #7
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
A sleddeck would be sweet..but on a tacoma? Anyone running one. These trucks are too light in my opinion, unless its just a single. The double wide sleddecks are usually the best on 3/4 ton trucks. Get 2 sleds or even 2 atvs up there on a tacoma and I would seriously be afraid of the truck tipping over.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:49 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05sctaco View Post
the tailgate is weak, you'll need to reinforce it with a steel sheet, look into gatorgate, i think thats the name, they made an add on steel plate, now i don't know if the tailgate cable would hold, but you'd need new tie downs. Its possible if you put your mind into it.
I dunno the bike is only 600lbs with most of the weight to the front as its a sports bike, there are 2 new tiedowns on the 12' up in the front .... still unsure on there rateing and yes i would always tie my bike down good and right as I love my Taco and R6 more then anything and is something were to happen i would cry ALOT haha. I will look into the steel sheet, and im sure somewere sells cables that are more heavy duty, but honestly i dont even thing the sheet is nessisary for 1 bike as it is 600lbs with fluids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
A sleddeck would be sweet..but on a tacoma? Anyone running one. These trucks are too light in my opinion, unless its just a single. The double wide sleddecks are usually the best on 3/4 ton trucks. Get 2 sleds or even 2 atvs up there on a tacoma and I would seriously be afraid of the truck tipping over.
it would only be for 1 sled or 1 big quad like a grizzly i know my dirtbike will fit with the tailgate down (i hope) and ive seen race quads in short boxes. my R6 should be fine as i dont put it up in it that often because they were ment to be rode not hauled haha.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelinJ91 View Post
I dunno the bike is only 600lbs with most of the weight to the front as its a sports bike, there are 2 new tiedowns on the 12' up in the front .... still unsure on there rateing and yes i would always tie my bike down good and right as I love my Taco and R6 more then anything and is something were to happen i would cry ALOT haha. I will look into the steel sheet, and im sure somewere sells cables that are more heavy duty, but honestly i dont even thing the sheet is nessisary for 1 bike as it is 600lbs with fluids.
First, I highly doubt your R6 weighs 600 lbs, my guess would be 450 - 475 absolute tops. Second, you'll be fine hauling your R6 with a short bed. I haul my 750 without any tailgate issues, no reinforcement necessary. Mine is also a Katana so it's heavier and longer than yours. You'll probably want to add d-rings in the front of the bed though. I wouldn't trust the side rails with a motorcycle.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:55 PM   #10
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
The weak tailgate issue was addressed for the '09's and newer
Old 03-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
The weak tailgate issue was addressed for the '09's and newer
yeah i mean my tail gate didnt seem too weak when i was checking it out as this was soething i was concerned about as i wanted to put my bike in there for track days so i stood on the gate and bounced the truck and it seemed solid well the first test (other then my offroad experiance) will be getting my 450F into the dush and i cant wait as its almost nice enough weather...... hope it doesnt get too muddy too fast or my plan goes out the window haha
Old 03-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #12
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
My sled fit in my bed, 6' box, I just had to make a platform to raise the skis about 4" so they'd fit between the wheel wells. Looked funny hanging out of the back but I had no issues. Better off with a trailer IMO.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:47 AM   #13
Yeah but trailers are a PITA to trun around on backroads, fireroads, act

And new sleds are so long haha.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #14

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe something like a Diamondback would work

http://www.cap-it.com/Tonneau/diamondback-hd.html

I can't access their application guide from my phone