Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toyota Announces Voluntary Safety Recalls of Certain Camry, Venza and Tacoma Vehicles

Old 06-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #341
Cranky & often armed sysadmin
Xaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Xaks
Location: south Florida - not from here though, I can count AND spell
Xaks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by younggun View Post
Can anyone tell me how they replace the spiral cable? I feel like the service guy gave me a bs explanation just because I'm young. All I'd like to know is if they take the steering wheel off to replace the cable or not?
Yes, very much. They disassemble the whole damn steering column as I understand it.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:23 PM   #342
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Can anyone tell me how they replace the spiral cable? I feel like the service guy gave me a bs explanation just because I'm young. All I'd like to know is if they take the steering wheel off to replace the cable or not?
search, its easy
Old 06-17-2012, 04:39 PM   #343
younggun is on a distinguished road

Name: Cody
younggun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airun View Post
search, its easy
I have searched it and all I get is news about the recall but no details as in the procedure. The reason why is because I brought it in and got it back, noticed my steering wheel was crooked which it wasn't before I brought it in so I brought it back again and they blamed it on my suspention, so they "adjusted" my suspention which fixed the steering wheel according to them. I just want to know if it's all bs he was saying because before bringing it in for recall my truck ran just as good as the day I got it.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:14 PM   #344
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have searched it and all I get is news about the recall but no details as in the procedure. The reason why is because I brought it in and got it back, noticed my steering wheel was crooked which it wasn't before I brought it in so I brought it back again and they blamed it on my suspention, so they "adjusted" my suspention which fixed the steering wheel according to them. I just want to know if it's all bs he was saying because before bringing it in for recall my truck ran just as good as the day I got it.
http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/05+/data/...a/04700510.pdf
http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/05+/data/...ta/0470066.pdf

lol all of 10 seconds
Old 06-17-2012, 07:21 PM   #345
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Give the guy a break man.
I wouldn't know to search on ncttora, and we all know how bad the VBBS search function is.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:30 PM   #346
Cranky & often armed sysadmin
Xaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Xaks
Location: south Florida - not from here though, I can count AND spell
Xaks's Tacoma Gallery
agreed. cut the kid a little slack.

he asked , we answered.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #347
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
I'm just giving him a hard time, relax fellas. I posted up what he wanted to know. All is well!
Old 06-18-2012, 08:38 AM   #348
younggun is on a distinguished road

Name: Cody
younggun's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! I knew the service guy was feeding me bs... -_-
Old 06-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #349
81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
waiting, watching the clock (spring)

guess i just need to take it in.....vs waiting on the 2nd notice that seems to never be coming
Old 06-26-2012, 06:19 PM   #350
pop639 is on a distinguished road
pop639's Tacoma Gallery
I have 140k on my 06. My light has been on for about 50k miles. Just got the letter in the mail. Booyah!!!
Old 06-26-2012, 07:04 PM   #351
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Went in last Saturday to make an appt for this Saturday. The guy doing the typing got to know me very well he kept derping the program and retyped my info like 7 times. Then he wasn't even going to get my VIN number...
Old 06-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #352
yarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Yuri
yarik83's Tacoma Gallery
did you get first letter or second letter?
Old 06-27-2012, 02:21 PM   #353
ShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shane
ShaLor's Tacoma Gallery
Just checked their website and it still says that they know about the problem but have yet to figure out how to fix the problem.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:44 PM   #355
Rail is a splendid one to beholdRail is a splendid one to beholdRail is a splendid one to beholdRail is a splendid one to beholdRail is a splendid one to beholdRail is a splendid one to beholdRail is a splendid one to beholdRail is a splendid one to behold
Rail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They pull the steering wheel to fix it.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:35 AM   #356
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I will not voluntarily take my truck in to have dealership monkeys fuck with this unless the damn light comes on and even then I might just have to put electric tape on the light or remove bulb and just depend on the fucking seat belt I have to wear by law. Damn, the steering wheel being crooked after the dipshits did this recall without it being that way beforehand is clearly from them putting the wheel back on crooked and yes, it was total BS. Now the wheel might be straight but your tie rods have been jacked with and your blinker on one side will cut off sooner than the one on the other and your steering rack isn't centered and so on and so forth depending on which thing they did to make the wheel straight. Why couldn't the jerkoffs just pull the steering wheel and center it for how the truck goes down the road is nonfuckinsense. I would have done that myself if it wasn't crooked before. Fuck stupid lame dealer bullshit!
Old 06-28-2012, 05:39 AM   #357
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone taken a "heavily modified" truck in yet for this? I know...magnussen-moss...blah blah blah...but I still think they are gonna hassle me a bit:

Old 06-28-2012, 05:56 AM   #358
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I wouldn't trust them to not fuck somethin up on that or with that just trying to get it in the bay for service.................love what you've done there tho!
Old 06-28-2012, 07:49 AM   #359
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
I wouldn't trust them to not fuck somethin up on that or with that just trying to get it in the bay for service.................love what you've done there tho!
meh...I'll take my chances for the cost of the part...I will disconnect everything else so they dont play with 'ma switches
Old 06-28-2012, 07:53 AM   #360
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Beat the dealer bitches inta needin stitches if they jack wit da switches..................