Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toyota Announces Voluntary Safety Recalls of Certain Camry, Venza and Tacoma Vehicles

Old 03-07-2012, 03:08 PM   #21
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post

some other service writer told me I should get it done.........I said "nah, Ill just throw it in neutral and kill the ignition".

he said some shit about "u know that clunk when u go from park to reverse, it will help that"

ummmmm what?

Id assume that clunk on a hill was due to the shitty not very self adjusting rear shoes letting the trans hold more of its share than it should on an incline no?

If I press the brakes, then release them a lil then go for reverse.......no clunk
It won't do shit for that clunk. All it does is reflash the computer so the brakes override the throttle. You're right, Brock, the clunk is something else altogether.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #22
charles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud of

charles08tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
05-09 Tacoma Spiral Cable Recall

Delete just saw it after posting. Sorry, please delete.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #24
Nutts
stormtrooper37 is on a distinguished road

Name: Tyler
stormtrooper37's Tacoma Gallery
2005 - 2009 Recall ?

Anybody else hear about this 2005 to 2009 recall ? something in the steering wheel ?
Old 03-07-2012, 05:41 PM   #25
MARSHBUSTER is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Jim
MARSHBUSTER's Tacoma Gallery
Nope, But I hope its to do with the Clock Spring.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #26
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
yea.. the clocksprings go bad.. mine is already bad
heres a link:
http://www.thecarconnection.com/news...l-airbag-issue
Old 03-07-2012, 05:43 PM   #28
AstroluxAtom is on a distinguished road
AstroluxAtom's Tacoma Gallery
fuck me i JUST replaced mine on my own 3 weeks ago. I hope I get a refund of $270 for the part.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #30
pmo will become famous soon enoughpmo will become famous soon enough

pmo's Tacoma Gallery
RECALL FOR SPIRAL CABLE

Hope this will apply to our trucks! My light is on! Dealer already diagnosed.
"Toyota Motor Corp said on Wednesday it is recalling more than 681,000 cars and trucks in the U.S. market to address potential problems.
The Japanese automaker said it will recall about 495,000 Tacoma pickup trucks from model years 2005 to 2009 to replace a part in the steering wheel. It is also recalling about 70,500 Camry mid-sized cars and 116,000 Venza crossover vehicles from model years 2009 to 2011 to replace a stop lamp switch.
Toyota said it is not aware of any accidents or injuries in either case.
For the Tacoma, Toyota will replace the steering wheel spiral cable assembly because friction may occur over time involving that part, which may result in the driver's side airbag being deactivated and not deploying in an accident.

For the Camry and Venza, silicon grease during assembly may lead to increased electrical resistance that can cause the vehicle not to start or the shift lever not to move from the "park" position, Toyota said.
Both fixes will take about 30 minutes, the company said. Owners of the affected Tacomas will be notified in early April, while the others will be alerted as soon as Toyota has the necessary replacement parts."
Old 03-07-2012, 06:15 PM   #31
Just got off the phone with a toyota rep. I told him that I went to the dealer and purchased the part and did the install myself of the clock spring assembly, and I wanted a refund of my money since it is now a recall (I just bought the part 2.5 weeks ago). He said okay no problem. I have to fax my receipt, parts paper, VIN # and proof of ownership. Then, 8-10 weeks from the date I faxed the papers, I will then be CONSIDERED for the reimbursement process. Get in line while you can dudes.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #32
or you can mail them a copy of your shit which takes even longer. I just faxed my stuff, luckily I hadn't thrown away anything and it was all still sitting in the corner of my desk lol.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #33
wvtac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwvtac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwvtac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwvtac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwvtac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwvtac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwvtac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwvtac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwvtac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwvtac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwvtac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
wvtac0's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota Announces Voluntary Safety Recalls of Certain Camry, Venza and Tacoma Vehicles

Anybody else see the recall on the 2005 - 2009 (early) Tacomas?

http://pressroom.toyota.com/releases...ma+march12.htm

Extracted from link above.

Additionally, certain 2005 to early 2009 Tacoma vehicles will be recalled to replace the steering wheel spiral cable assembly. Approximately 495,000 Tacoma vehicles are covered by this recall.

Due to the combination of steering wheel spiral cable design and characteristics unique to the Tacoma chassis, friction between the spiral cable and the retainer in the steering wheel spiral cable assembly may occur in some vehicles. Friction over time may result in loss of connectivity to the driverís air bag module. If connectivity is lost, the air bag warning lamp on the instrument panel will remain illuminated after starting the vehicle and the driverís air bag may be deactivated, preventing deployment in the event of a crash.

Toyota is currently obtaining the necessary replacement parts. Once the replacement parts are available, we will notify owners. In the interim, owners of the involved vehicles will be notified by first class mail in early April, 2012. The interim notification letter will advise owners of this safety recall, that they will receive a future notice once the replacement parts are available, and what to do if they experience this condition. The repair will take approximately 30 minutes depending upon the dealerís work schedule.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:01 PM   #34
iroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iroh's Tacoma Gallery
So when's the party? I am so drinking a Mountain Dew to celebrate this recall.

This was my #2 worry after the big one that ECGS may have recently solved. 2012 is starting as a very good year.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #36
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
Is this us market only or does it apply to Canadian born trucks? I know some of the parts can be different for different countries.

I have a American truck so I will probably be getting this done.

Good to know, thanks for posting.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:13 PM   #37
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I entered my vin on the toyota.com/recall website and it said "no open recalls". Can anyone else get their vin to show up, or can I assume mine is exempt?
Old 03-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #38
Cloudy-fabricator of things
Whitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Johnathan
Whitecloud's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #39
Banned
hamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shed
hamsterhater's Tacoma Gallery
recall? 2005 to 2009?

Additionally, certain 2005 to early 2009 Tacoma vehicles will be recalled to replace the steering wheel spiral cable assembly. Approximately 495,000 Tacoma vehicles are covered by this recall.

Due to the combination of steering wheel spiral cable design and characteristics unique to the Tacoma chassis, friction between the spiral cable and the retainer in the steering wheel spiral cable assembly may occur in some vehicles. Friction over time may result in loss of connectivity to the driverís air bag module. If connectivity is lost, the air bag warning lamp on the instrument panel will remain illuminated after starting the vehicle and the driverís air bag may be deactivated, preventing deployment in the event of a crashAdditionally, certain 2005 to early 2009 Tacoma vehicles will be recalled to replace the steering wheel spiral cable assembly. Approximately 495,000 Tacoma vehicles are covered by this recall.

Due to the combination of steering wheel spiral cable design and characteristics unique to the Tacoma chassis, friction between the spiral cable and the retainer in the steering wheel spiral cable assembly may occur in some vehicles. Friction over time may result in loss of connectivity to the driverís air bag module. If connectivity is lost, the air bag warning lamp on the instrument panel will remain illuminated after starting the vehicle and the driverís air bag may be deactivated, preventing deployment in the event of a crash