Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toyota Announces Voluntary Safety Recalls of Certain Camry, Venza and Tacoma Vehicles

Old 07-03-2012, 11:32 AM   #381
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Well dropped off my truck a few minutes ago. They gave me some looks but no hassle to speak of. Even have the part in stock so hopefully this will be a one shot deal. :fingerscrossed:
Old 07-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #382
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
Well dropped off my truck a few minutes ago. They gave me some looks but no hassle to speak of. Even have the part in stock so hopefully this will be a one shot deal. :fingerscrossed:
Good luck! I have an appointment set for Thursday so they can:
"Check my VIN and pull the code to see if I qualify. Then they have to send that info to Toyota before they will send them the part. They just want to make sure that is what the problem is. We should have the part in the next day."

Bunch of tools these people are. They just want to dick around with my truck to try to sell me something which I will quickly tell them to kiss my ass!
Old 07-03-2012, 02:20 PM   #383
Joe in PA is on a distinguished road
Name: Joe
Joe in PA's Tacoma Gallery
I looked up my VIN on the Toyota website and it indicated that it wasn't being recalled. I have an '09 which I just bought. Somewhere along the line I read that the recall was for years XX to early 2009. Perhaps mine is not an early '09??

The service records I got from Toyota (both from the Toyota dealer where I bought the truck and online) say that the pedal recall was done, but do not mention the spiral cable recall, so I am assuming it was not done. Not sure I would get a mailed recall notice since I have only been the owner for about three weeks.

Should I investigate more or assume I don't need the recall? Any thoughts? Is looking up the VIN on the Toyota website accurate?

Tanks! -J
Old 07-03-2012, 08:07 PM   #384
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe in PA View Post
I looked up my VIN on the Toyota website and it indicated that it wasn't being recalled. I have an '09 which I just bought. Somewhere along the line I read that the recall was for years XX to early 2009. Perhaps mine is not an early '09??

The service records I got from Toyota (both from the Toyota dealer where I bought the truck and online) say that the pedal recall was done, but do not mention the spiral cable recall, so I am assuming it was not done. Not sure I would get a mailed recall notice since I have only been the owner for about three weeks.

Should I investigate more or assume I don't need the recall? Any thoughts? Is looking up the VIN on the Toyota website accurate?

Tanks! -J
I bought my 09 in July of 08, so definitely an early year build and i havent received a recall notice for this one.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:28 AM   #385
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
Well got it back Tuesda yfternoon with no light on! No hassles/Issues whatsoever! I love what you do for me...TOYOTA!
Old 07-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #386
Cranky & often armed sysadmin
Xaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Xaks
Location: south Florida - not from here though, I can count AND spell
Xaks's Tacoma Gallery
My 'new' Taco is covered by the warranty and TSB, according to Toyota's website.

Yet I just had a so-called 'service advisor' tell me that my truck is fine and I don't need it.

I really, really wish the people that work at stealerships weren't such colossal cockbags.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:38 AM   #387
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaks View Post
My 'new' Taco is covered by the warranty and TSB, according to Toyota's website.

Yet I just had a so-called 'service advisor' tell me that my truck is fine and I don't need it.

I really, really wish the people that work at stealerships weren't such colossal cockbags.
Here here

In other news I finally got mine done. It really matters who the "service adviser" is. If one won't do it go back the next day and talk to a different one. I talked to 4 "service advisers" (2 at 2 different dealerships) before I got one that put it through. Thank you Matt Moeller
Old 07-05-2012, 06:56 PM   #388
LRGRNR

Part Number

Let's see if these Clocksprings that Toyota is putting in our trucks are new parts or just the old crap.. Here's the one I got, per the work order.
P/N: 84306-04080
Old 07-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #389
joesmith is on a distinguished road
joesmith's Tacoma Gallery
My local dealership won't start on my replacement till Toyota sends out the second notice, which I haven't received yet
Old 07-12-2012, 08:24 AM   #390
ShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shane
ShaLor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmith View Post
My local dealership won't start on my replacement till Toyota sends out the second notice, which I haven't received yet
I don't believe anyone has because they haven't figured out how to fix the problem yet.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:31 PM   #391
FTB530 is on a distinguished road
FTB530's Tacoma Gallery
I guess no one that has had their spiral cable replaced has got a refund yet?

I havent, the first letter said i should receive a second letter with in two weeks,that was two months ago.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #392
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTB530 View Post
I guess no one that has had their spiral cable replaced has got a refund yet?

I havent, the first letter said i should receive a second letter with in two weeks,that was two months ago.
I'm looking at my letter right now.

Doesn't say anything about "two weeks", it just says that I will get another notification when "parts are ready and preparations are complete"

And in the next paragraph, "Toyota is currently working on the remedy, You will receive a second owner notification letter when the remedy is available"
Old 07-15-2012, 10:16 PM   #393
FTB530's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
I'm looking at my letter right now.

Doesn't say anything about "two weeks", it just says that I will get another notification when "parts are ready and preparations are complete"

And in the next paragraph, "Toyota is currently working on the remedy, You will receive a second owner notification letter when the remedy is available"
Yep you are right my letter does not say two weeks either,must have been the guy i talked to at the local dealer who told me it might take two weeks to get a second letter,they sure didnt want to give me my money back .

I guess i dont have to worry about parts or a remedy since i already paid the $483 bucks for the repair,i just want to be reimbursed is all.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:17 AM   #394
yarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Yuri
yarik83's Tacoma Gallery
Trust me you are not the only one waiting for a refund. So far toyota's treatment of customers that paid has been non existant. I was very specifically told in my conversation with toyota hotline recall department that NO refunds will be given until remedy is found and that refund is not guarantted. Have to get all your ducks in a row first with paperwork. They owe me $505 so i feel your pain.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:08 PM   #395
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I guess i dont have to worry about parts or a remedy since i already paid the $483 bucks for the repair,i just want to be reimbursed is all.
Actually, you still have to worry about it depending on how long you intend to keep your truck.

Your replacement part was the same part that failed, and it will fail again.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #396
FTB530's Tacoma Gallery
OK Rich, let me be more specific,i don't have to wait for parts or for them to decide weather they are going to fix it any way ,i already had it fixed, and IF it fails again i will fix it again whether Toyota pays me back my $483 or not. But i do know one thing ,i will never buy another Toyota.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:10 PM   #397
FTB530's Tacoma Gallery
As far as Toyota figuring out the remedy i can do that for them easy,reimburse the people who already paid to have the repair done,and then fix the ones who haven't been fixed , its not like Toyota is bankrupt.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #398
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Actually, you still have to worry about it depending on how long you intend to keep your truck.

Your replacement part was the same part that failed, and it will fail again.
FAWK it, don't need no stinking air bag!
Old 07-16-2012, 07:22 PM   #399

Quote:
As far as Toyota figuring out the remedy i can do that for them easy,reimburse the people who already paid to have the repair done,and then fix the ones who haven't been fixed , its not like Toyota is bankrupt.
They know what the problem is, but they don't want to repair it with a part that is going to fail down the road.

In all likelihood, they HAVE the correct repair part, and production samples are installed in a steering column in the R&D lab being twisted and tilted 1000 times an hour by robots to simulate 10 years of consumer use.

Toyota is not bankrupt, but they already had a very costly recall on the accelerator assembly. They very well could go bankrupt if they issue a general recall and the very same part starts failing within 2 years.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #400
yarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Yuri
yarik83's Tacoma Gallery
I think we are all for toyota improving car safety. Buuut this is where it gets very squirly. At the core... refunds only apply to a number of toyota car owners who were out of warranty and had clock spiral assembly fail.

$505 is not a walk in the park. That is like half of vacation right there. Tick freaking Toc Toyota.