Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toyota Announces Voluntary Safety Recalls of Certain Camry, Venza and Tacoma Vehicles

Old 09-24-2012, 05:16 PM   #501
clcowboy is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
clcowboy's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I'm relieved. I was one of those guys who paid to have the spiral cable replaced on my 2007 before the recall came out. Just got my second recall letter letter a couple of weeks ago. Sent in my repair bill from dealer and proof of ownership. Just got my check today from Toyota for $410. At least they made good on this part of the recall letter. Hope everyone else has just as good of luck!!
Old 09-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #502
Khmer Member
tacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
tacowestley's Tacoma Gallery
Did mine last week and the steering feels tighter
Old 09-25-2012, 03:33 AM   #504
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, got a second letter too saying parts was a plenty now but light isn't on and I am leaving well enough alone. If the light comes on then I'll take it in but not before. Would much rather have them hand me the part vs. any uncaring underpaid rookie they assign to this task hacking on my truck. Had too much of that shit with the 05 when they were chasing all the seal leaks and not getting my money due to the drivetrain warranty....loose/missing bolts, loose harmonic balancer, broken wiring harness clips and brackets, broken tabs on intake for vacuum hose routing, time wasted there getting them to try and fix what they left undone, time wasted trying to fix again what was still problem, trying to keep them from stealing my original nice thick oem all weather mats, trying to keep them from chopping my gas pedal from that idiot TSB....the list goes on and on. No fuckin thanks.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #505
Khmer Member
tacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
tacowestley's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Tech31 View Post
Thats just silly
How?
Old 09-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #507
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacowestley View Post
How?
Kinda like when you change your oil or change the muffler and you feel you have more power.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #508
Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Toyota Tech31's Tacoma Gallery
I know, it's all in the perception. I have had many customers tell me how much better their vehicles run after doing no more than an oil change, I just thought his statement was funny and that he might be joking.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #509
Goflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Goflight2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Kinda like when you change your oil or change the muffler and you feel you have more power.
I heard the Banks kit adds 15hp.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:43 PM   #510
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goflight2 View Post
I heard the Banks kit adds 15hp.
Nah. It's only a gain of 700.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:24 AM   #511
joesmith is on a distinguished road
joesmith's Tacoma Gallery
I got my second letter and have it scheduled for replacement next week.
We will see how it goes as my 4x4 just quit so I am going to have them look at that as well. It seems like this truck has been nothing but problems
Old 09-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #512
FTB530 is on a distinguished road
FTB530's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by clcowboy View Post
Well, I'm relieved. I was one of those guys who paid to have the spiral cable replaced on my 2007 before the recall came out. Just got my second recall letter letter a couple of weeks ago. Sent in my repair bill from dealer and proof of ownership. Just got my check today from Toyota for $410. At least they made good on this part of the recall letter. Hope everyone else has just as good of luck!!
i sent mine certified mail a week and a half ago . no check yet.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:46 PM   #513
Rail is a splendid one to beholdRail is a splendid one to beholdRail is a splendid one to beholdRail is a splendid one to beholdRail is a splendid one to beholdRail is a splendid one to beholdRail is a splendid one to beholdRail is a splendid one to behold
Rail's Tacoma Gallery
I'll not buy another Toyota unless it is built in Japan.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:52 PM   #514
Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Toyota Tech31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail View Post
I'll not buy another Toyota unless it is built in Japan.
Good luck with that. I forget which one exactly, but we were just informed that Toyota is coming out this year with a vehicle (corolla i believe) that will be made 100% in America with 100% American parts. Not many of these companies building cars in their own countries anymore.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #515
joesmith is on a distinguished road
joesmith's Tacoma Gallery
So I made an appointment two weeks ago for today and dropped off my truck at 8am to get the clock spring replaced. I get a call later this afternoon saying they didn't realize that they don't have the part in stock due to the volume of repairs. When I go to pick up my rig I guess I will find out what is going on.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:52 AM   #516
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
TacomaPrime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmith View Post
So I made an appointment two weeks ago for today and dropped off my truck at 8am to get the clock spring replaced. I get a call later this afternoon saying they didn't realize that they don't have the part in stock due to the volume of repairs. When I go to pick up my rig I guess I will find out what is going on.
HA! I had the exact same problem. Called and made an appointment for an oil change and for the spiral cable recall.
dropped the truck off, when it was done, they told me they did several other recalls, but the part wasn't in for this one, so I was going to have to make another appointment once the part came in. they reflashed my ecu so that if the brake and gas were pressed together, it would idle. then they cut my gas pedal. Never asked me if I wanted that done. Guess I don't care too much, but I have weathertech floor liners in my truck, so the gas pedal getting caught thing wasn't even an issue.
Had to make the second appointment for a saturday. that was the day we brought home the wifes new prius. LOL.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:45 PM   #517
FTB530 is on a distinguished road
FTB530's Tacoma Gallery
I received my check yesterday, thanks Toyota,now can you pay me for the three replace A/C sensors and blower motor?
Old 10-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #518
Middle Age Member
oldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to behold
oldstick's Tacoma Gallery
Took my 07 in yesterday for both the spiral cable and the floor mat recalls. They had trouble with -- guess what -- the floor mat procedure. Had to keep it overnight and offered me a free loaner, even with no more warranty.

Not sure exactly what but it sounded like they were having trouble with some network connection in trying to perform the ECU re-flash part of procedure. I was a little concerned till they called this morning saying all done.

Guess it's only fair to give a shout out, since they also get badmouthed a lot. Lowe Toyota, Warner Robins, GA.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #519
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Floor mat recall is twofold.
They trim your accelerator pedal, and they reflash the ECU.
Their Techstream needs to connect to corporate to download the latest flash.

Incidentally, the ECU reflash eliminates your ability to do a burnout by "power braking"... not that it matters.
At 25% or 35% throttle and above, if the brake pedal is depressed, the ECU knocks the engine down to idle.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #520
El' Capi-Tan
resq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to behold

EMS: Giles Rescue
Name: Josh
resq330's Tacoma Gallery
I got a letter in the mail that said, after further evaluation my truck wasn't one of them that was on the recall list... ??