Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toyota Announces Voluntary Safety Recalls of Certain Camry, Venza and Tacoma Vehicles

Old 10-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #522
Middle Age Member
oldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to behold
oldstick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Floor mat recall is twofold.
They trim your accelerator pedal, and they reflash the ECU.
Their Techstream needs to connect to corporate to download the latest flash.

Incidentally, the ECU reflash eliminates your ability to do a burnout by "power braking"... not that it matters.
At 25% or 35% throttle and above, if the brake pedal is depressed, the ECU knocks the engine down to idle.
It also about put me into the windshield when I touched the brake doing about 15 with my foot still on the gas....
Old 10-11-2012, 08:49 PM   #523
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldstick View Post
It also about put me into the windshield when I touched the brake doing about 15 with my foot still on the gas....
Told you to fasten your seatbelt and do it going uphill
Old 10-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #524
cheech1 is on a distinguished road
cheech1's Tacoma Gallery
Took my truck in yeasterday for the spiral cable, took them about an hour. They also said they cleared the TRD wheel recall. I never took the truck in for the wheel recall because I don't have the TRD wheels, but they told me that they had to clear it any way.

I just hope the new cable is indeed new and improved; I'd hate to have to go back again and fix on my own dime.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:31 PM   #525
yarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Yuri
yarik83's Tacoma Gallery
woohoo! Just got my check. $505.77
Old 11-20-2012, 09:30 PM   #526
electrcguy is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
electrcguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
They really should just recall the whole truck.
sounds like someone who doesn't belong on a tacoma fan site
Old 11-21-2012, 09:59 AM   #527
2005 2.7 is on a distinguished road

Name: Al
2005 2.7's Tacoma Gallery
Or someone who hasn't looked at the alternatives. I bitch loud and often about what I feel is falling Toyota build quality, but have you even seen the shuddering piles Ford and Chevy roll out? Who knows, though, maybe he got one of those unfortunate combinations of everything bad coming together in 1 individual vehicle. Hey Toyota- we really do want to remain true to the tradition of paying a bit more for a better truck. Help us out, will you?
Old 11-21-2012, 12:21 PM   #528
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrcguy View Post
sounds like someone who doesn't belong on a tacoma fan site
He's not... anymore
Old 11-28-2012, 09:34 AM   #529
sxdirt is on a distinguished road
sxdirt's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone been able to have Toyota fix the issue whose truck is not part of the recall? My light came on earlier this year and unfortunately I never received a recall letter. I called Toyota and was told my VIN# is not eligible. I tried to explain that if I am experiencing the issue then why wouldn’t it be covered especially being this is a safety issue.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #530
Dromlace is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
Dromlace's Tacoma Gallery
I got the recall done to my gas pedal but I can still do burnouts?
Old 12-13-2012, 11:58 AM   #531
miacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud of

Name: Mike
miacevedo's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought an '06 TRD OR SR5 with the airbag light on. Googled how to fix it, and found this thread so I took called the dealer and they said it was recalled and to bring it in right away.

Took about an hour for them to fix, and problem solved. No charge.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:25 PM   #532
Listen here HEY!
Jtom05 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Jarad
Jtom05's Tacoma Gallery
Recall notice

Just got my recall notice for the spiral cable, 05 ACSB SPORT, talk to local Toyota dealer, they say 2 hrs for the replacement.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:48 AM   #533
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxdirt View Post
Has anyone been able to have Toyota fix the issue whose truck is not part of the recall? My light came on earlier this year and unfortunately I never received a recall letter. I called Toyota and was told my VIN# is not eligible. I tried to explain that if I am experiencing the issue then why wouldn’t it be covered especially being this is a safety issue.
Do you have audio controls on your steering wheel?

From what I've learned, that's the determining factor. If you have audio controls on your steering wheel, your truck isn't part of the recall (and my truck isn't).

Are you still under warranty? If yes...take the truck in and get your issue fixed.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:54 AM   #534
toyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Grunt
Name: Eric
toyohtadude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Do you have audio controls on your steering wheel?

From what I've learned, that's the determining factor. If you have audio controls on your steering wheel, your truck isn't part of the recall (and my truck isn't).

Are you still under warranty? If yes...take the truck in and get your issue fixed.
I'll second this... mine has the audio controls and is not included. We have a different spiral cable, evidently constructed better with more wires and jacketing.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:43 AM   #535
Rmesa1 is just really niceRmesa1 is just really niceRmesa1 is just really niceRmesa1 is just really nice
Rmesa1's Tacoma Gallery
I have seen several replaced under factory goodwill talk to your dealership and see if they can help. But on that note a little advice. Don't go in and demand it ask most decisions on good will warranty are up to the individual dealershipand the are more likely to help a customer that is civil and actually brings there vehicle to the dealership on a regular basis. They are allowed so much goodwill per month. If you had the power to help a customer at you job and the decision was up to you who would you help your regular who comes in and supports your bussiness or the guy who came in cussed you out called you names and caused a scene. I have been wrenching with Toyota for 13 years and like I said seen many people get things way outside of warranty because they were good customers and just asked for the help.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:09 AM   #536
AlanLoshbaugh is on a distinguished road
Name: Alan
AlanLoshbaugh's Tacoma Gallery
When I bought my 2005 (4.0V6/Speed, 4x4), used, the airbag light was on.
No audio controls.
Called me dealer and said I had found the tdb on the toyota recall website; they were well aware of it, had the part on hand, and said come in anytime to get it fixed, no charge.
Took about 30 minutes.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:06 AM   #537
Cranky & often armed sysadmin
Xaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Xaks
Xaks's Tacoma Gallery
Just got my letter in yesterday's mail.

Got an appointment for tomorrow morning, 9AM.

We'll see how it goes.

Betty's got 19K on her.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:20 AM   #538
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
I have a appointment this morning for the spiral cable assembly and gas pedal. Are there any other recall related matters I should bring up while I'm their?
Old 01-19-2013, 08:36 AM   #539
Cranky & often armed sysadmin
Xaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Xaks
Xaks's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure you're aware of the gas pedal changes; I make double-damned sure they know they are NOT authorized to make the changes to my gas pedal and ECU, cause lots of folks aren't happy with the 'after' part.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:47 AM   #540
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaks View Post
Make sure you're aware of the gas pedal changes; I make double-damned sure they know they are NOT authorized to make the changes to my gas pedal and ECU, cause lots of folks aren't happy with the 'after' part.
I'm not too worried about the gas pedel , but what exactly does the ecu reflash do?