Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toyota Announces Voluntary Safety Recalls of Certain Camry, Venza and Tacoma Vehicles

Old 03-07-2012, 08:40 PM   #42
Bosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Kevin
Bosmob's Tacoma Gallery
I was just reading that article.

Suuuuccckkksss....
Old 03-07-2012, 08:42 PM   #43
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosmob View Post
I was just reading that article.

Suuuuccckkksss....
Why does it suck ? It's great they are going to finally correct this issue
Old 03-07-2012, 08:45 PM   #44
No...me no have no more lemon pledge
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Why does it suck ? It's great they are going to finally correct this issue
x2
Old 03-07-2012, 08:47 PM   #45
Banned
hamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shed
hamsterhater's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 400lbGorilla View Post
thanks didnt know how to do that
Old 03-07-2012, 08:51 PM   #46
MARSHBUSTER is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Jim
MARSHBUSTER's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like mine is a recall. I will be going to my local dealer to see what they say. Thanks for this posting!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2012, 08:52 PM   #47
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
lol, just got my clock spring replaced 1 week ago, at least it was under warranty.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:56 PM   #48
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
mine got replaced 2 years ago right after my warranty went out...i actually need a new clockspring because i added steering wheel controls,...maybe toyota can swap it
Old 03-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #49
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
My airbag light came on about 4 months ago and have been putting the repair off because of the cost. Mine better be covered under this recall.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #50
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetacos View Post
My airbag light came on about 4 months ago and have been putting the repair off because of the cost. Mine better be covered under this recall.
Did you punch your vin into Toyota.com/recall? Mine shows that there isn't any recalls, I am not sure if they haven't updated the website yet, or if mine is exempt...
Old 03-07-2012, 09:15 PM   #51
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARSHBUSTER View Post
Sounds like mine is a recall. I will be going to my local dealer to see what they say. Thanks for this posting!!!!!!
This website http://www.toyota.com/owners/web/pages/home will show if your vin# is included in the recall once they update it.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:19 PM   #52
1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Medic
1980's Tacoma Gallery
Enter your VIN here and you can find the recalls for your specific vehicle. Thus far, all I see is the gas pedal one for mine.

http://www.toyota.com/owners/web/pag...ources/recalls

Edit:

Another article says that letters will begin going out as soon as the parts are sent to the dealerships, maybe sometime this month.

http://www.torquenews.com/106/toyota...s-airbag-risks

Here is a TacomaWorld article showing the part:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...ral-cable.html
Old 03-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #53
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotatacomaTRD View Post
Did you punch your vin into Toyota.com/recall? Mine shows that there isn't any recalls, I am not sure if they haven't updated the website yet, or if mine is exempt...
Thanks! Looks like mine is covered.

Script taken directly from Toyota:

Quote:
Safety Recall C0B (C1B) Preliminary Notice - Certain 2005 to 2009 Model Year Tacoma Vehicles - Spiral Cable Assembly Replacement At the present time, Toyota is developing a remedy for this safety recall.

What is the Condition? Due to combination of the spiral cable design and characteristics unique to the chassis components of the Tacoma, steering wheel vibration ("flutter") may cause friction between the Flexible Flat Cable (FFC) and the retainer in the spiral cable assembly in the steering wheel. In FFC's with seven-channel circuits, friction over time may result in damage to certain circuits on the flat cable that provides connectivity to the driver's air bag module. If connectivity is lost, the air bag warning lamp will illuminate. In addition, the driverís air bag may become deactivated, causing it to not deploy in the event of a crash. This could increase the risk of injury to the driver.

When will the Remedy be Available: Toyota anticipates that the remedy will be available in the near future. At which time, Toyota will notify owners of covered vehicles by first class mail. Additional information will be posted on this site once the remedy is available.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:24 PM   #54
Rmesa1 is just really niceRmesa1 is just really niceRmesa1 is just really niceRmesa1 is just really nice
Rmesa1's Tacoma Gallery
According to what I have read the recall has not been released should be out in April. The down side of all these recalls is the car manufactures have to notify the government as soon as they decide to have the recall. Once the gov is notified the media get wind of it and the story hits months before owners will be notified. That just adds to the inconvenience for everyone
Old 03-07-2012, 10:15 PM   #56
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) & Air Force DoD contractor.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Red face

Mine's been on for about a year now.

I put a piece of electrical tape on the back side of the cluster when I had my LED's swapped so I wouldn't see the airbag light. lol
Old 03-07-2012, 10:20 PM   #57

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Mine's been on for about a year now.

I put a piece of electrical tape on the back side of the cluster when I had my LED's swapped so I wouldn't see the airbag light. lol
Wow...lol

I'll admit, I've removed 1 or 2 from a cluster when i do the swap for people
Old 03-07-2012, 10:22 PM   #58
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
... Mine came on after my truck got stuck in a "puddle".

So hopefully mine gets covered
Old 03-07-2012, 10:23 PM   #59
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) & Air Force DoD contractor.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
Wow...lol

I'll admit, I've removed 1 or 2 from a cluster when i do the swap for people
I asked Josh to do that, but he wasn't sure if it would affect anything, so electrical tape it is!
Old 03-07-2012, 10:26 PM   #60

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
I asked Josh to do that, but he wasn't sure if it would affect anything, so electrical tape it is!
I though the same thing....but i haven't heard anything from those people