1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Do you keep front support brace between the headlights and grill with an AlllPro bump

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by damon, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Mar 9, 2012 at 8:12 PM
    damon

damon [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Damon
    Little Rock, AR.
    Vehicle:
    2010 Access Cab SR5
    Debaged,SockMonkey Decals,TSB,LifeHammer & Maglight console mount
    My front end was damaged, and I had the shop put on an AllPro plate bumper. The thing is when I got it back it just looked off. The headlight and grill tabs on the bottom were broken and the support brace that spans between the headlights and bottom grille assembly was gone. The whole front end was not secure. The shop told me that that center support had to be removed to allow for winch space. I had him put it back on but that brace is visible and is protruding in front of the bottom of the grille assembly and doesn't look like what I have seen on here. Can anyone confirm that I need that bar and is it likely I will need to replace grille and both headlights? My shop guy says he would ride it like it is, but I can,t trust him at this point. Thanks in advance, you guys have been a great source to get it right!

2. Mar 12, 2012 at 9:45 PM
    CJB4LFE

CJB4LFE All-Pro Off-Road

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma
    All-Pro 3-link, Currie axles, with Currie 9" centers, Detroit Front and ARB Rear.
    PM SENT

3. Mar 13, 2012 at 9:41 AM
    damon

damon [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Damon
    Little Rock, AR.
    Vehicle:
    2010 Access Cab SR5
    Debaged,SockMonkey Decals,TSB,LifeHammer & Maglight console mount
    I want to thank Jessie and Kurtis for all your help! you guys were great in helping me confirm my fears that the shop had no idea what they were doing. Thanks to you guys and Tacoma World it seems I am better equipped to work on my truck that the professionals in my area, at least some.

4. Mar 13, 2012 at 9:54 AM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    All-Pro's install instructions specify brace removal, but I left mine on anyway. I don't have a winch so I can't say about clearance. Yes it is exposed.

As for the headlights and grille, if tabs are broken, they should be replaced. No need to go OEM.

Products Discussed in

To Top