Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Should I buy this truck??? 2006 Taco TRD sport

Old 03-10-2012, 09:38 PM   #1
RhodeIsland4x4 is on a distinguished road
RhodeIsland4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Should I buy this truck??? 2006 Taco TRD sport

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access cab, SR5, TRD sport package
V6 4x4, Automatic, only 59,500 miles, with Remote Start.

Seller is asking $19,000

Old 03-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #2
Koby is on a distinguished road

Navy: port inspection diver
Koby's Tacoma Gallery
Based on limited info, I'd say that's certainly a fair price.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #3
Sellers ad on CriagsList:

This is a great Truck with Tacoma's Legendary Quality and Build. It has an On-The-Fly 4 wheel drive system. The V-6 engine gives you the power and torque you need to haul and tow but with gas saving power. It only has 59k miles which is considered low for a truck this nice. I put big All Terrain tires (Wrangler Duratrac) on due to my need to get the hospital at any moment in any weather, but mostly to deal with the snow (which we never got this winter). The truck comes with the TRD Sport Package, and have NEVER been driven off road, although it would be a great trail truck, if that is your thing.

It has a 6 foot bed, a custom Tri-Fold "Tacoma" Tonneau cover and an access cab. There is a Power Outlet in the truck bed to power any three prong device. (factory option).

There are Front Fog lights and Driving lights. I installed in a custom Grillcraft grill (see photo), and a remote car starter. I also installed a custom Stereo that allows for IPOD, DVDs, FM/AM, USB drive and SD cards. I know you shouldn't but you can watch movies while you drive, not saying you have to, but you can if you want. I also have the original 6 disc factory head unit.

Asking 19,000. Please feel free to call if you have any questions.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:43 PM   #4
NORTHERN RED-NECK
udy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
I'm loving mine! Bought it Oct. 2010 with 115,000 for $14,900. Lots of mods and not a single problem in 25,000 miles! Mine is the manual though. I don't have any experience with the autos. The Duratracs are excellent tires, fantastic in the snow and ice.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:46 PM   #5
I emailed the seller, hes only 20 min away.. Going to check it out in person tomorrow. I'm new to Tacomas, are there certain questions I should be asking about this truck? I'll grill him on his warranty info and if hes the first owner and all. But I've been shopping around for about a month now and this looks like a decent deal.. Should I haggle on the price?
Old 03-10-2012, 09:49 PM   #6
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Not bad . There is one very similar by me for $20k
Old 03-10-2012, 09:52 PM   #7
TacomaV6 is on a distinguished road
TacomaV6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodeIsland4x4 View Post
I emailed the seller, hes only 20 min away.. Going to check it out in person tomorrow. I'm new to Tacomas, are there certain questions I should be asking about this truck? I'll grill him on his warranty info and if hes the first owner and all. But I've been shopping around for about a month now and this looks like a decent deal.. Should I haggle on the price?

yes but don't lowball him with ridiculous offers. otherwise it will be the last conversation you have with the seller. see if you can get a carfax report show how many owner this car has had
Old 03-10-2012, 09:54 PM   #8
reece13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreece13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreece13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreece13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreece13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreece13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreece13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreece13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreece13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreece13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreece13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

reece13's Tacoma Gallery
Yes. That sounds like a pretty good deal. U could probably haggle with price some, but not TOO much. I bought my 2005 dclb 4wd TRD sport with 96,000 for 17,500$. These trucks are great, esp if taken good care of. Just ask the guy if he's had any trouble out of it.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:05 PM   #9
Pork eating crusader. An "infidel".
Jib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant future

Army: 99Z Combat Ninja
Name: Ari
Jib Bandits's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same truck, but it had 74,000 miles when I bought it may of last year, I got mine for $16,000. I say buy it!!!! You won't regret it.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:08 PM   #10
Pork eating crusader. An "infidel".
Jib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant future

Army: 99Z Combat Ninja
Name: Ari
Jib Bandits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Besides, it has a moustache! It's a sweet truck for sure man.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:10 PM   #11
PkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of light
Name: David
PkTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Seems like a good price I'd def pick it up.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:10 PM   #12
Thanks for the responses guys. NADA values it between $18,300 and $19,250 in my part of the world. After shopping around $19k with only 59k miles seems pretty good. If i get this truck I'm in it for the long haul so I'm looking for least miles as possible.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:35 PM   #13
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
2006 Toyota Tacoma Access cab, SR5, TRD sport package
V6 4x4, Automatic, only 59,500 miles, with Remote Start.

Seller is asking $19,000

From the picture, it appears to be owned by someone who appreciates it. That's a good thing, and he probably has service records to show it's been taken care of. Keep in mind there's a few things due at 60K that you will have to deal with immediately.

I'd recommend looking at KBB and make a fair offer. I think it's a little high. For reference, I bought my 06 with 40K on it two years ago for 17,500. It's a manual transmission, and although it was/is in good shape, it is not perfect and was not owned by an enthusiast.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:00 PM   #14
badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shed
badger's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I would offer 18.5. If it's a one owner with good service records, no sign of abuse, you got a very good deal. It's all pretty much stock which is good. If you are at all mechanically inclined, I urge you to do all the maintenance yourself. At 60K I would replace all the fluids except coolant. Grease the Ujoints. Replace the plugs, air filter, and cabin filter. Clean the MAF and the throttle body. That way you are starting off knowing how everything is and you'll get acquanted with the truck.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:21 PM   #15
UAW made TEAMSTER driven
pickle has much to be proud ofpickle has much to be proud ofpickle has much to be proud ofpickle has much to be proud ofpickle has much to be proud ofpickle has much to be proud ofpickle has much to be proud ofpickle has much to be proud ofpickle has much to be proud ofpickle has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Name: bill
pickle's Tacoma Gallery
flash cash and he'll light up. I would start bid @ 16,500.00 and haggle hard, every cent saved is future upgrade. BE SURE it isnt a SALVAGED TITLE, physically look at title carefully for this or similar wording before any payment, or any lienholders. Do a car-fax, smog check and have tour owm personal or certified mechanic do a complete check up (100.00 is worth saving thousands later). if it has more than 2 previous owners be extra cautious. if this is original owner and everything i said checks out, you should be able to get it for 18,000+-. I start off my bids at least 15% below asking price and expect to at least get 5-10% reduction off advertised price. at 57,000 mi. it is due for major service; tranny, tune-up, all drive train fuids.. cheap if you doit, expensive at dealership
Old 03-11-2012, 01:20 PM   #16
Koby is on a distinguished road

Navy: port inspection diver
Koby's Tacoma Gallery
I think you have your answer. If there are no snags and the seller is a straight shooter, I'd say that's your new truck! Good luck man!
Old 03-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #17
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Go onto Mytoyota.com and punch in the serial number. You can see the service records for it as well as any outstanding recalls.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #18
Banned
TacoNoire is on a distinguished road
TacoNoire's Tacoma Gallery
A while ago when I was looking for a used taco I found a 2006 speedway blue trd OR access cab v6 with 60k miles for $16,500, only had 1 owner in mint condition at a toyota dealership in Boston, MA. I was about to pull the trigger but b/c the dealership was in Boston you had to bring your own plates, something I didn't have and they wouldn't hold it for me.

$19k is too much, $17,500 max or no dice if it were me.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #19
ceeeee is on a distinguished road
ceeeee's Tacoma Gallery
Check if it has had any accidents. Think about whether you might need a double cab as normal people cannot sit comfortably in the rear seats for more than a ride across town, and most bigger dogs don't fit well either. Generally, the access cabs go for less than the doublecab though.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #20
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes06tacoma View Post
From the picture, it appears to be owned by someone who appreciates it. That's a good thing, and he probably has service records to show it's been taken care of. Keep in mind there's a few things due at 60K that you will have to deal with immediately.

I'd recommend looking at KBB and make a fair offer. I think it's a little high. For reference, I bought my 06 with 40K on it two years ago for 17,500. It's a manual transmission, and although it was/is in good shape, it is not perfect and was not owned by an enthusiast.
It's priced exactly, you just got a good deal.