1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pics of your 2012 Tacoma lifted &/or aftermarket wheels & tires.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SAIRS, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Apr 10, 2012 at 10:00 PM
    COMAtose HI

COMAtose HI Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD SPORT 4x4
    6" Procomp Stage 1 Suspension Lift, Custom 6" Alcan Springs, N-Fab Side Steps, Husky Floor Liners, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Debadged, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, 13" Antenna from AntennaX.com, 35% Tint for front windows, Procomp 7032 Series 18x9 wheels, 33x12.50 Nitto Mud Grappler tires
    good luck man. all that armor will looks sick on your truck. keep us posted

2. Apr 10, 2012 at 11:51 PM
    S7ICKlVlAN

S7ICKlVlAN Cpt. Bubbleguts

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport DCSB
    TRD badged | Hunting Cage | Smoked Tails | LED Everything | Slim Cubby HID bi-xenon's | Spidertrax 1.25" | BHLM | FLM | S2000 Ant | 20% Shade | PL 8521 | OME 885 | Bilstein 5100's | Toytec 2" AAL | FN 18x9" Bronze BFD's | 275/65-18 Duratrac's | Wrinkle Red Valve Covers | 3M Di-Noc Wrapped Interior | Kode MB Push Button Ignition | Relentless Sliders | URD TCAI | Mr.Marv Enclosure | Arc Audio 10" | Hybrid Audio Clarus F/R | Alpine PDX-5 | Alpine INE-S920HD
    Looks great Sairs.

3. Apr 11, 2012 at 12:03 AM
    YotaMatt

YotaMatt Livin Low, Ridin High

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    West Point VA
    Vehicle:
    12 PreRunner DC TRD Sport
    Spidertraxx 1.25" spacers in front and rear, 4" Maxtrac Spindles,Billy 5100s at 0", OME 885 Springs, 1/4" top spacer on both sides, 1.5" AAL, 3" Block, 1.5" 4crawler driveshaft spacer, 17x9 XD Spys with 35x12.50 Nitto Mud Grapplers, Magnaflow offroad Stainless Exhaust, Volant Intake with scoop,Camo emblems, BHLM, Tinted tailights, Anytime fog mod,Alpine Type R 12, Kicker 1000 watt amp,600 watt 4 channel memphis and all memphis components, 35%tint front all the rest at 5%, Hella 500s with sylvania zxe bulbs, sylvania zxe headlights, sylvania zxe fogs, Weathertech digi fits, flyzeye blue/white, LED map dome license plate lights, Redline hood struts, Tailgate EZ Down, Custom TRD Camo Browning Edition Bedsides, Camo wet okoles, Ridgid Dually bed lights, SOS Concepts Tire Carrier
    Looks nice...cant wait to get my black wheels today...one question though is it just the pictures or does it sit that much higher in the rear? :confused:

4. Apr 11, 2012 at 12:46 AM
    Fairbanks AK

Fairbanks AK Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ya know, I hear this a lot, and I don't get it.

What does being single have to do with mods to your truck?
    That is, of course, a rhetorical question. I understand the idea behind what you're saying; You're suggesting that being in a relationship won't allow you to have the freedom to do what you'd otherwise do with your time and money.

I would suggest that if that's the case then you're in the wrong relationship. A healthy relationship would allow for you doing whatever you wanted to your truck. Allowing for (and accepting) that being in a relationship means that you don't have autonomy breeds resentment and ultimate failure of that relationship.

Lessons from an old man.....

5. Apr 11, 2012 at 4:04 AM
    Appljaxx

Appljaxx This guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    '18 TRD Pro
    Some chicks are crazy man.. well.. most are.

And some chicks just don't get trucks.

6. Apr 11, 2012 at 6:12 AM
    floridaoccifer

floridaoccifer Civil Servant

Member:

My model... includes M4, full level 3 armor and various other welcoming treats

7. Apr 11, 2012 at 6:13 AM
    SAIRS

SAIRS [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Super White 2012 Double Cab LB TRD SPORT
    Icon Extended Travel Stage 1, Total Chaos UCA's, Dakkar leaf pack, Beefed DCLB Sliders with extended kickout and custom BSP, Beefed Custom exo-rear tube bumper, Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft mod. Front mudflaps removed, Access LE soft tonneau cover, Weathertech digital floor mat, Weathertech window deflectors, Weathertech license plate frames. future plans = diamond plate tailgate mod, Venture Shield, TRD supercharger...the dream goes on and on....

Thanks! The rear is a bit higher. You can thank the Dakkars leaf pack for that. That's what gives it the lift. I actually like the rake it gives the stance. It will settle a bit over a month or so.

8. Apr 11, 2012 at 6:21 AM
    SAIRS

SAIRS [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Super White 2012 Double Cab LB TRD SPORT
    Icon Extended Travel Stage 1, Total Chaos UCA's, Dakkar leaf pack, Beefed DCLB Sliders with extended kickout and custom BSP, Beefed Custom exo-rear tube bumper, Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft mod. Front mudflaps removed, Access LE soft tonneau cover, Weathertech digital floor mat, Weathertech window deflectors, Weathertech license plate frames. future plans = diamond plate tailgate mod, Venture Shield, TRD supercharger...the dream goes on and on....
    Yep^^^

Some girls are very myopic and controlling. The problem is there would be another decision maker that doesn't have the mod bugs interest at heart. For some dumping $5g into a truck is a a hard pill to swallow when she thinks that she could is had new carpet, shoes, wardrobe, travel adventures, or the kids college fund. Some women are tyrants by nature. Fortunately, I don't have one of those dictators in my life.

9. Apr 11, 2012 at 6:31 AM
    floridaoccifer

Member:

Lucky Lucky man... My wife is amazing but she is convinced the truck is sleeping with me

10. Apr 11, 2012 at 9:10 AM
    TacoMX

TacoMX TW's Official anti body-lift pundit

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Deltona, Florida
    well said...

Fuck bitches, mod tacos.

11. Apr 11, 2012 at 10:27 AM
    floridaoccifer

Member:

LOL - Note posters age...

Dont worry brother I had the same attitude until about 32ish and then it all fell apart. I wish you the best of luck :cool:

12. Apr 11, 2012 at 10:39 AM
    nate08

nate08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Nate's '12 SR5
    Damn I love that Demello bumper, no way I could spend $900 for it though. Way out of my price range. As soon as I can decide on a lift kit i'll be joining you guys :)

13. Apr 11, 2012 at 10:42 AM
    Fairbanks AK

Member:
    Why does it matter? It's important to you, and if she is your partner it is then, by strict definition, important to her.
    Unless she's just some chick your banging on friday, then the bitch has no reason to comment on anything other than your ability to get her off.
    But if the woman in question is your wife, then you are partners. Equals. A team with a common goal.
    If she doesn't share your goal of keeping the mod-bug alive, then sit her down, calmly and say "Honey, I need to talk to you. This is important to me, and I feel like you don't respect this aspect of my life. It makes me feel like what I want isn't important to you. What can we do and how can we work together to come to a resolution that makes us both feel good about this situation?"

Seriously, you say that, paired with a couple of *random* "Honey, what can I do to make your day better?" thrown in and the mod bug will live on and thrive.

Short version: Make her
    feel good about you feeding the mod bug and it'll live. But also make sure you're being fiscally responsible.

Interesting---that your view is that it's an unspoken battle about who can "have" what.

There also comes into play something called responsibility and equity, too. If your carpet is threadbare, she's wearing clothes and shoes from the thrift store, you haven't taken a vacation, or your children's education is in jeopardy, wouldn't you agree that behaving maturely is a better idea than coilovers and on-board air?

If she wants new carpet and that means you have to put off buying "x" truck bling for a month or two, does that really matter? Or are you just being materialistic and selfish?

For instance, my wife wants a new mountain bike. She *needs* a new mountain bike. I'm tired of fixing her circa 2008 XT/deore POS after every ride. She needs a bike more than I need a light bar and lights---it doesn't get dark in Alaska till, well, September. So, I just ordered her a new bike (Santa Cruz Highball, rebuilt with XTR, fwiw) And I'll put off my lights for a couple of months.
    She's happy, and don't give a shit about the lights till it gets dark again.

Nobody "won".
    Actually, that's not true. We both won. We're a team, and as fuckin cheeseball as that sounds, until that's sense of teamwork is realized within the relationship, it will be unhealthy.

Short version:
    You didn't pass a watermelon through your crotch. Shut the fuck up.

Sapper25 likes this.
  14. Apr 11, 2012 at 11:06 AM
    TacoMX

TacoMX TW's Official anti body-lift pundit

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Deltona, Florida
    I have a girlfriend/soon to be fiance. She is cool when it comes to the taco. She understands when I spend money on it...as she comes along on trips and wheeling days too, and she loves it.

Although sometimes she does wonder about how much I put in the taco and other hobbies (like the AR-15 :D) compared to what I spend on her...but it never becomes an issue.

I would NEVER date/marry/associate with a woman that would want to control where I spend my money. And I DON'T deal with jealous women...especially if they are immature enough to be jealous of a truck.

/nuff said :cool:

15. Apr 11, 2012 at 11:18 AM
    Fairbanks AK

Member:
    You seriously don't see the direct conflict in that statement, do you?

16. Apr 11, 2012 at 12:11 PM
    2012TacoTX

2012TacoTX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Mesa, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    12 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport
    2012 Tacoma DBLC short bed 4x4
    3" leveling kit
    18 x 8.5 XD796 Revolvers in Bronze
    Michelin ATX 275-65-18
    Avid Offroad front and rear color matched to wheels

2012taco1, f.jpg
    2012taco1, r.jpg
    2012taco2, f.jpg
    2012taco2, r.jpg
    2012taco3, f.jpg
    2012taco3, r.jpg

17. Apr 11, 2012 at 1:11 PM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Some Toyotas
    Round tires
    +1 for a nice truck and for ending the menstrual cycle above.

I like the bronze man, get some bronze sliders on there now!

18. Apr 11, 2012 at 1:13 PM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Some Toyotas
    Round tires
    Or are those bronze already? Stupid phone, pics are too small

19. Apr 11, 2012 at 2:14 PM
    2012TacoTX

2012TacoTX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Mesa, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    12 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport

LOL..:D

the side steps are matched as well. i really want to do a camper top i think but they're just so dang expensive... :mad:

20. Apr 11, 2012 at 2:59 PM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Some Toyotas
    Round tires
    Come on up to Lincoln and buy my Bestop. I love it but never camp anymore

Products Discussed in

To Top