1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2012 tie down ratings?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by WheelinJ91, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Mar 13, 2012 at 4:01 PM
    WheelinJ91

WheelinJ91 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Edmonton,AB
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD DCSB
    Airaid Intake, MBRP Exhaust, Toytec OME 3" lift w/AAL, Flip-kit, LR UCA's, Weathertech Floor mats, hood and window deflectors.
    Alright so ive been looking and yet to find anything,
    So i know the rings at the end of the bed are good to tie down a motorcycle (sportbike) but there are 2 silver rings at the front along the side of bed (kinda strange place) anyhow im looking to see/find out what the rating on these are as i would just use them and not have to install extra tiedowns. i know the plastic sliding ones i would never trust to hold a bike in to my SB alone, i will however use these as extra points for long trips. any info would be great. Thanks.

2. Apr 25, 2012 at 8:11 AM
    trktwo

trktwo Nagger

Member:
    First Name:
    tommy
    biloxi
    Vehicle:
    2015 MGM DCLB TRD Sport 4x4
  3. Apr 25, 2012 at 10:11 AM
    pdrunk

pdrunk Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB 2.7L
    I've used them to tie down an full size upright freezer and a long box containing an unassembled elliptical. Held up very well with no indication of being flimsy.

Of course the pulling forces are probably different than tying down a bike.

4. Apr 25, 2012 at 11:06 AM
    trktwo

trktwo Nagger

Member:
    First Name:
    tommy
    biloxi
    Vehicle:
    2015 MGM DCLB TRD Sport 4x4
    i used the similar front tiedowns in my tundra, to tie down four small dirtbikes. i have concerns on the tacoma, as i will have to leave the tailgate down. in the tundra, the worst that could happen was the bikes fall over. in the tacoma with the tailgate down, .....

5. Apr 25, 2012 at 11:20 AM
    tegdog

tegdog Taco Lover

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl TRD Sport
    ventvisors,seatcovers, bug shield,TRD CAI,TRD CAT BACK,blacked out emblems,bed extender, TSB leaf pack,Pro Dry filter, Grill craft upper, lower, & triangles, Hella 500 Black magics
    Get a bed extender.

6. Apr 30, 2012 at 6:44 AM
    WheelinJ91

WheelinJ91 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Edmonton,AB
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD DCSB
    Airaid Intake, MBRP Exhaust, Toytec OME 3" lift w/AAL, Flip-kit, LR UCA's, Weathertech Floor mats, hood and window deflectors.
    I dotn have any real concern anymore with the tiedowns, i had my R6 in the back (tailgate down) about ten days ago, i was able to ratchet the bike down good and solid with 2 ties in the front and one over swing arm in the rear. I was more concerned about flipping the truck before i thought the bike would come lose after i drop around a bit and was able to relax, i will proably get a bed extender just so i can put more stuff in the bed without it sliding out the back, i didnt go on anly long road trip or anything but i was able to go up hill and it stayed solid, i will post some pictures tonight as i think i have one showing the tiedowns

Products Discussed in

To Top